Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Feminism, not even once.
    I want to slap her in the face.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    So, apparently according to Rose McGowan, misandry is fine. Then again, she is a lesbian, and seems to actually, indeed hate men, so I'm not surprised.

Some of the most powerful mutants in the X-men universe are women.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You mean her most popular and biggest grossing movies along with hunger games? Yes... i'm sure she is crying all the way to the bank.
    if her performance, and the way she looked were any indication, I'd say she was fucking miserable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    PC crowd gets bent out of shape over nothing, again, news at 11.
    And in a related story it was discovered that the sky is blue and water is wet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing people can do in this situation is to give those freaks more attention.

I dunno. What if this is what turns them on? Wasn't the choking in Fifty Shades of Grey a popular thing? Women seemed to buy the shit out of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    if her performance, and the way she looked were any indication, I'd say she was fucking miserable.
    When have you seen her perform well? She is likeable, but she isn't a good actress. Characters change but it's still the same personality.

Clearly never seen anyone being choked. They sure as hell don't have that 'boy I hope this box I'm standing on doesn't tip over' look on their face, that's for sure.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

" 'Dad, why is that monster man committing violence against a woman?’ This from a 9-year-old. "

I'm more angry at the parent than the poster, who seems like she's taught her child that man on woman violence is never justified, and implied that woman-on-man violence is fine.

Meh, goes to show even I can get upset over stupid things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Is this okay?
    [IMG]https://biofikill.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/x-men-days-of-future-past-mystique-fight-1280x853.jpg?w=690&h=394[IMG]

What about this?
    [IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/Craven1Love/g44.jpg[IMG]

I'm OUTRAGED everyone forgot about this!!
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2wcg02p.jpg[IMG]

Seriously the fact that Apocolypse even got a hand on this murder-machine is impressive enough and if you saw the movie "No Spoiler" this was right after getting owned by her in the first place. Mystique is baddass and before this neo-feminist wants to shout out injustice nonsense maybe she should watch the friggin movies. The only one making mystique look weak is this critic.
    Hah, that is amazing. I'll bet they wouldn't have complained for a second if one of those was the poster.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-06-04 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

What I find peculiar, and why I think McGowan's statement is a bit disingenuous is that he's hardly "strangling" her - he has one hand around her throat, and you can see he's not even clenching his hand, he's making a point.

I mean, it's not depicting her eyes bulging out and he's got both hands throttling her. It's sort of a classic depiction of powerful v. powerless.

And I do believe had it shown Apocalypse with his hand at Magneto's throat, no one would've batted an eye.

Hell, if it were Mystique in the same posture relative to Apocalypse, no one would've found it upsetting, aside from the whole MRA dudes and the "meninist" crowd.

So I'm not certain how this is such a huge thing, I guess she's right that it has no context to the person who has zero knowledge of X-Men, since in that case it just depicts a male character at the throat of a female character - but I mean, X-Men is a pretty huge media bit, and anyone who has even a tiny bit of knowledge about X-Men probably knows who and what Apocalypse is.

Ah well. I'm sure someone who isn't Rose McGowan could make a better argument for her position, but I haven't been looking for it.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I dunno. What if this is what turns them on? Wasn't the choking in Fifty Shades of Grey a popular thing? Women seemed to buy the shit out of that.
    Lol, best post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    What I find peculiar, and why I think McGowan's statement is a bit disingenuous is that he's hardly "strangling" her - he has one hand around her throat, and you can see he's not even clenching his hand, he's making a point.

I mean, it's not depicting her eyes bulging out and he's got both hands throttling her. It's sort of a classic depiction of powerful v. powerless.

And I do believe had it shown Apocalypse with his hand at Magneto's throat, no one would've batted an eye.

Hell, if it were Mystique in the same posture relative to Apocalypse, no one would've found it upsetting, aside from the whole MRA dudes and the "meninist" crowd.
    i can assume you very few mras would even bat an eye and "meninists" are a satirical group that exist to simply mock feminists tactics so if they are upset its meant as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just change it to a random guy being strangled and it'll be fine, right?
    A guy being choked wouldn't cause an uproar because, they are usually tougher than women, and can take it.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    A guy being choked wouldn't cause an uproar because, they are usually tougher than women, and can take it.
    I'm pretty sure being choked is as dangerous to a man as it is to a woman.

Deleted
    How to confuse SJWs, in 1 picture:

But really, this is just another day in the constant insanity of the SJW regressive left, it's hard to even raise an eyebrow to how silly the offense culture of feminism has become

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I'm pretty sure being choked is as dangerous to a man as it is to a woman.
    Obviously. But men are usually stronger than women. For example, being punched in the face will hurt regardless of gender, but a man will be able to endure more.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    How to confuse SJWs, in 1 picture:

But really, this is just another day in the constant insanity of the SJW regressive left, it's hard to even raise an eyebrow to how silly the offense culture of feminism has become
    i think being conservative dose enough to cancel out being female in the progressive stack

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Obviously. But men are usually stronger than women. For example, being punched in the face will hurt regardless of gender, but a man will be able to endure more.
    Wait, didn't we find out that women can handle pain better than men?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Having just seen the movie today I'm left wondering why she was even in the damn movie.

Mystique kicked considerable amounts of ass in X-Men and X2, and even managed to be kind of bad ass in Days of Future Past, but in Apocalypse she is a waste of screen time.