Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I'm not going to because I dislike both of them. I would prefer Hillary over Trump, but I'm not going to vote for someone I still dislike greatly.
    If you really want to show your disapproval...vote third party. It probably wont make a big difference as to who wins the election...but a high turnout of voters voting for a third party will let both the dems and GOP know that they alienated a bunch of people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    The corporations have nothing to do with it. Its the parties that nominate the president. They aren't sold out to the highest bidder. Actually, I wish they were. Its just the two party system that ruins everything. Basically makes sure only caricaturized images of the left and the right get nominated in the first place.

I vote Republican, so I can have my guns, keep the market free, and slap the government's hand every time it tries to reach into my wallet. But thanks to this stupid system, that comes at a cost. The nominee also has to cater to the religious zealots and bigots, and I gotta accept them having their way in turn. If I wanted to go Democratic, I wouldn't have to live under the rule of their superstitions, but I would have to throw away everything American in turn. A political system shouldn't have to make you choose the lesser of two evils...
    I'm a European, and find that very well put. I like guns and personal freedoms too, and I don't like taxes any more than the next guy, but here we can vote for right wing parties that are still very far left by American standards, to drive the politics that I support.

You probably also know that a lot of people label all Americans who vote republican religious nutcases, because that's what their politics are most notorious for. USA is the most religious western civilization in the world, dangerously fundamentalist even in some areas, and percentage wise has the least amount of people who believe in actual science like evolution. I truly believe the US has the dumbest people in the world, without a shadow of a doubt, but it also has a lot of the brightest. It's also sad that America has slowly but surely fallen into the hands of oligarchs and corporations. It didn't happen the same way it happened in Russia, but the end result is that in both countries the power of the people is an illusion that nobody in their right mind even believes in anymore. You're just muppets, forced to listen to shameless lies and nonsensical rhetoric, and asked to form an opinion based on that crap, so that you can vote for one of two options which both lead to very similar predetermined results that you have no power on. It's sad really.

I'm curious if the rise of Asia collectively will bring some balance to this world. They'll have (or already do) more modern cities than we do, filled with nothing but skyscrapers and high technology, all the while nobody believes in Christ or Allah or heaven or hell, and there's more of them than there's of us. Once westerners start considering they're no longer the center of the world, they might reconsider some of their laughable superstitions and internal politics.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2016-06-05 at 06:17 AM.

If ur electing a fictional character why not Dumbledore?

50 points to Republicans!

10+ Year Old Account
    You are aware Thomas Jefferson greeted the British Minister in his pajamas, right? And that we coined the term Madam Trollope after a English woman insulted us nationally? We're not the most suave people. Like it or hate it, that's what we are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frances_Milton_Trollope
    http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....tish-minister/

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Kind of a weak excuse.

You can't choose who runs...but you can choose who you support...and a majority of you seem to support Trump or Hillary.
    Except who WE support means nothing to the Democratic party at least, see also, all the voter disenfranchisement of the 2016 primaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    I'm a European, and find that very well put. I like guns and personal freedoms too, and I don't like taxes any more than the next guy, but here we can vote for right wing parties that are still very far left by American standards, to drive the politics that I support.

You probably also know that a lot of people label all Americans who vote republican religious nutcases, because that's what their politics are most notorious for. USA is the most religious western civilization in the world, dangerously fundamentalist even in some areas, and percentage wise has the least amount of people who believe in actual science like evolution. I truly believe the US has the dumbest people in the world, without a shadow of a doubt, but it also has a lot of the brightest. It's also sad that America has slowly but surely fallen into the hands of oligarchs and corporations. It didn't happen the same way it happened in Russia, but the end result is that in both countries the power of the people is an illusion that nobody in their right mind even believes in anymore. You're just muppets, forced to listen to shameless lies and nonsensical rhetoric, and asked to form an opinion based on that crap, so that you can vote for one of two options which both lead to very similar predetermined results that you have no power on. It's sad really.

I'm curious if the rise of Asia collectively will bring some balance to this world. They'll have (or already do) more modern cities than we do, filled with nothing but skyscrapers and high technology, all the while nobody believes in Christ or Allah or heaven or hell, and there's more of them than there's of us. Once westerners start considering they're no longer the center of the world, they might reconsider some of their laughable superstitions and internal politics.
    I'm not entirely sure where you're pulling your information, or if you're just trying to make general statements, but China's population is mostly religious. Buddhism has the widest influence. The other major religions are Taoism, Confucianism, followed by Islam and even a tiny bit of Christianity. So, yes, some of them do IN FACT believe in Christ and Allah.

Other than that, your post is pretty spot on. America is going down the tubes compared to the rest of the world, but we still think we're on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post

It is. As intelligent and well-intentioned as our Founding Fathers were (How much of a reputation do Ben Franklin, Washington, and the like have in Europe, btw?) they failed to realize that giving power to the people doesn't mean they can't become as corrupt as kings. Which is pretty much what we have:

Two kings who constantly try to shove their fat ass on the throne while trying to push the other one out. Hell, a king would do better. A king can make ugly decisions for the greater good of his country without worrying about repercussions, because he is the king no matter what. We have a 'king' (government) where one hand is holding back the other while the mouth is shouting whatever the most people in the court are telling him to.

I don't like it, but the only way I can realistically seeing us get out of this is by somehow having a Julius Caesar show up and become a dictator. The only way to break the stranglehold, I suppose. Just gotta roll the dice and hope we actually GET a Caesar instead of a Stalin. (There HAVE been good dictators, contrary to popular belief.)

The only president we've elected in 50 years who was actually a good person was Jimmy Carter whose presidency was pretty shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'm not entirely sure where you're pulling your information, or if you're just trying to make general statements, but China's population is mostly religious. Buddhism has the widest influence. The other major religions are Taoism, Confucianism, followed by Islam and even a tiny bit of Christianity. So, yes, some of them do IN FACT believe in Christ and Allah.

Other than that, your post is pretty spot on. America is going down the tubes compared to the rest of the world, but we still think we're on top.
    They are Technically correct as Buddhism is more of a philosophy than religion, and the State observes no religion. In fact, they dislike all of them, I think. Gods are a hindrance to the glorious Communist Party, methinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast515 View Post
    Except who WE support means nothing to the Democratic party at least, see also, all the voter disenfranchisement of the 2016 primaries.
    All the Dems care about is legalizing 11 million illegals so they can manufacture new votes. Don't assume these Mexican rallies to be anything other than that. They want power and will pursue it at all comes. Anyone voting for Hillary is voting for themselves to be relieved of having a say in the process for the next 100 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    If Trump was actually a fictional character, we would all be calling the guy in charge a horrible writer. Totally unrealistic.
    Reality, you can't make this shit up. But I guess when we have a circus for an election you just pick the candidate that you think will be most entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    The only president we've elected in 50 years who was actually a good person was Jimmy Carter whose presidency was pretty shitty.
    Idk Barack Obama seems like a nice guy. I think Bush Jr. was nice too, just clueless.

There HAVE been good dictators, contrary to popular belief.
    Name just one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Name just one.
    Julius Caesar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I'm not going to because I dislike both of them. I would prefer Hillary over Trump, but I'm not going to vote for someone I still dislike greatly.
    So instead you're going to give up your right to have a say in what happens to your country. Great defeatist attitude you have going there. "I'm just one person, my vote won't make any difference" x millions of people.

Why are you even reading political candidate threads, anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get really tired of both American politics, and fanatical armchair politicians.

"I fucking hate our president."

"Did you vote?"

"No, because I didn't like either of the candidates."

"If you didn't vote, you don't have any right to complain, because you could've done something about it."

Are you morons that fucking serious? For real?

This exact conversation is going to happen THOUSANDS of times this election, because so many people don't like either of the candidates. If I can't vote for Bernie, I'll be one of these people, and I will be here bitching about both Trump and Clinton after the election. Neither of them are good choices. I can't even fathom why EITHER PARTY put these numbskulls up to the ballot. Now, I'm not saying Bernie is a saint, but he seems by far better suited for this than Hilary. And Trump? For real? The only reason he's getting as far as he has is because he's filthy fucking rich and can throw money at anyone and everyone.

Or elections aren't won by ballots, they're won by money, our presidential candidates are selected the same way. Whoever has the most money gets the votes that actually matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    If ur electing a fictional character why not Dumbledore?

50 points to Republicans!
    According to lore, Dumbledore is old. Also dead.

I vote Chewbacca or Batman.

Julius Caesar.
    How exactly was Caesar a good ruler? The entirety of his politics was murdering his enemies and using plunderd wealth to pay off the masses to support him. Granted this doesn't really make him different from any other Roman, but some kind of benevolent despot he was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

The Choice is clear:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

That's a tough call. I mean, I'd not get a shit of what Chewbacca says, and Batman just seems too overkill for my city..

I'd go with Batman, i guess.