Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Did Blizzard Ruined Suramar?

I heard somewhere that in a recent build they added a ton of gating mechanics to block off content in suramar. Including blocking off the 2 dungeons behind a rep grind. They also apparently made it more like tanaan jungle. I absolutely despise Tanaan. Please don't tell me they removed some of the quests making the zone shorter either. I was so hyped about an endgame zone that can't be done in 3 hrs. Does anyone with beta access know what changes were made to Suramar? I was really really looking forward to it after seeing videos praising it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My friends and I really enjoyed Tanaan Jungle so it sounds like an improvement to me.

I'd like to know this too, seems like unpleasant surprise :/

I just wanna know what has changed with Suramar since it 1st came into the beta? We're any Suramar questlines removed? What exactly has been changed? And what rewards have been added?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I heard somewhere that in a recent build they added a ton of gating mechanics to block off content in suramar. Including blocking off the 2 dungeons behind a rep grind. They also apparently made it more like tanaan jungle. I absolutely despise Tanaan. Please don't tell me they removed some of the quests making the zone shorter either. I was so hyped about an endgame zone that can't be done in 3 hrs. Does anyone with beta access know what changes were made to Suramar? I was really really looking forward to it after seeing videos praising it.
    Firstly, no, no quest chains have been removed from what i discussed with a friend who has beta. And secondly, you complain about it needing rep then say you don't want it done in 3 hours...

Also, isn't the rep just like, friendly? So it requires doing a little bit of questing, or in otherwords, the intro to the zone. Which I think is sweet.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Firstly, no, no quest chains have been removed from what i discussed with a friend who has beta. And secondly, you complain about it needing rep then say you don't want it done in 3 hours...

Also, isn't the rep just like, friendly? So it requires doing a little bit of questing, or in otherwords, the intro to the zone. Which I think is sweet.
    im ok with the rep as long as im able to keep playing and eventually get it. Rather than be locked out and not allowed to earn what I need to progress through the story. Like am i limited to how much rep i can get a day? If what your saying is true, I can enjoy the story at my own pace and not the pace the game tells me.

I like the idea of adding more rewards and treasures. And the rep might be cool if its not limited.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2016-06-05 at 11:46 AM.

im ok with the rep as long as im able to keep playing and eventually get it. Rather than be locked out and not allowed to earn what I need to progress through the story. Like am i limited to how much rep i can get a day? If what your saying is true, I can enjoy the story at my own pace and not the pace the game tells me.

I like the idea of adding more rewards and treasures. And the rep might be cool if its not limited.
    The only "lock" is the amount of ancient mana crystals you get. Which can be found around the zone, and once you get friendly I think, in the dungeons.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    The only "lock" is the amount of ancient mana crystals you get. Which can be found around the zone, and once you get friendly I think, in the dungeons.
    sounds cool. I'm actually really surprised how long this dungeons questline seems to be. For an endgame zone it really feels like a lvling zone. im super hyped

Why would they remove quest chains?
    Also, source?

Yeah the two dungeons are behind a rep grind and multiple quest chains.

Been a few days of grinding in Suramar and I've not managed to unlock the second one yet. The reputation is the worst, since you get 75 rep per world quest, and zero rep for regular quest chains or dungeons. In short, it's going veeeeeery slowly.

For 100 mana (which can take quite a lot of time to get depending on how lucky you are) you can sometimes get 100 rep as a hand-in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did ruined suramar? No. Why would they removed quests?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Like am i limited to how much rep i can get a day?
    Yes. You get about 100 rep per 100 mana turn in, but only if the NPC you hand into is starved. That is not *too* often. Once or twice a day it seems. You also get 75 rep per world quest in Suramar, but you can run out very quickly. The quests give no reputation.

It's mindboggling how slow this grind is

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    Yes. You get about 100 rep per 100 mana turn in, but only if the NPC you hand into is starved. That is not *too* often. Once or twice a day it seems. You also get 75 rep per world quest in Suramar, but you can run out very quickly. The quests give no reputation.

Quite a few questlines you can do though. The biggest rep boost is definitely the world quest thing where you have to do 4 nightfallen quests, if you get that it 's 1500 rep. Once you get more into it and get the enchant for mana drops as well as ley lines you can also get ancient mana pretty fast so you can do the training thing. Only did it once and didn't do too well so only got 225 rep from it, but I'm sure you can get a lot more if you do better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post

It's exactly once per 24 hours and there are 3 crack elves you can feed so 300 total. If you have the mana to burn. There are about 6 world quests per day in Suramar, provided you've finished the introductory chain. Yep it's slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Quite a few questlines you can do though. The biggest rep boost is definitely the world quest thing where you have to do 4 nightfallen quests, if you get that it 's 1500 rep. Once you get more into it and get the enchant for mana drops as well as ley lines you can also get ancient mana pretty fast so you can do the training thing. Only did it once and didn't do too well so only got 225 rep from it, but I'm sure you can get a lot more if you do better.
    The vast majority of those quest lines give no Nightfallen reputation so how many are there is irrelevant.

I have Leyline Bling finished - the effect of the passive mana gain increase is barely noticeable.

Manaseeker enchant will get you on average 1 loot bag per hour of straight up grinding mobs. Fun fact, you're not guaranteed to get ancient mana from the bag - it could only be enchanting mats.

The (minimum) 800 mana you need for the Withered Army quest is not fast or easy to get by any stretch of the imagination.

Suramar was always a requirement needed for the flying meta achievement. It's not optional content.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Suramar was always a requirement needed for the flying meta achievement. It's not optional content.
    Well, flying is not something you have to get. Everything is optional in a way, although most people will definitely want to do Surumar to unlock the dungeons.

Really dungeons locked behind a rep grind?

Well that wont go over when it hits live.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Well, flying is not something you have to get. Everything is optional in a way, although most people will definitely want to do Surumar to unlock the dungeons.
    Yeah of course. You don't need to unlock flying, you don't need to unlock all the dungeons, you don't even need to level to 110. But yeah, most people want these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Yeah of course. You don't need to unlock flying, you don't need to unlock all the dungeons, you don't even need to level to 110. But yeah, most people want these things.
    Difference is flying does not unlock any more content for you, all it does it gets you from 1 point to another faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Difference is flying does not unlock any more content for you, all it does it gets you from 1 point to another faster.
    You sure about that? In WoD flying unlocked a few previously unreachable areas, same may be true in Legion.