Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, remember that episode of Bab-5 where the news networks did a slime-job on Sheridan to make him look like a corrupt politician?

That's what has happened with Hillary, and would've happened to Sherridan - and people would've called him a war criminal too by the media portrayal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The way the "freedom to lie about politicans" is set up no one could come out of a campain for the presidency of the United States of America without tons of mud clinging to them.
    Pretty much this. Based on his values, Sheridan would've run most likely as a Democrat...and holy shit would the Republicans tar and feather him for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    The Choice is clear:
    ]
    Pah, I'd vote for Deadpool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry America... Whoever gets elected is just another anecdote in your rap sheet....

Mark Cuban is already on standby for the next cycle.
    And, if all fails, a little down the road, you still got "The Rock" to save the day.
    take that Putin...

Am I joking?
    Not entirely: http://www.businessinsider.com/dwayn...esident-2016-6
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-06-05 at 01:16 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    People with "high standards" wont gather enough wealth and support in US to afford to try running.
    The "proof is in the pudding" I guess. It just proves how corrupt our system is if an honest person could never gather enough wealth and support. Seems we will have to be satisfied with the lesser of two evils choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Don't worry America... Whoever gets elected is just another anecdote in your rap sheet....

Mark Cuban is already on standby for the next cycle.
    And, if all fails, a little down the road, you still got "The Rock" to save the day.
    take that Putin...

Am I joking?
    Not entirely: http://www.businessinsider.com/dwayn...esident-2016-6
    I would vote for the "Rock" over most politicians, I trust him more (a lot more). Besides, he has saved the world many times (haven't you seen the movies?), when was the last time Shrillary or Trumpos saved the world?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This was probably the most bad ass president in US history:

Nah, Team Washington all the way. He basically single handedly held together the revolutionary army and some of his tactical moves were just pure genuis and are unequaled (at least to my knowledge). He also gave us the best advice ever (which of course we didn't follow). He said not to get involved in the affairs of the world as they will entangle you and lead you into trouble.... Looking at vietnam and (currently) the Mid-East, he couldn't have been more right....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    The "proof is in the pudding" I guess. It just proves how corrupt our system is if an honest person could never gather enough wealth and support. Seems we will have to be satisfied with the lesser of two evils choice.
    The absolute and ultimate irony is how the current election cycle shows how STUPID the American electorate actually really is.
    It has to be capitalized for a reason.
    The election is not about an orange monkey vs an old suffragette..
    It would and should be about a congress.
    There we have a congress sitting (literally speaking even) at an all time low approval rate around the single digit numbers.
    And the people jump at each others throats over their display doll, aka president.
    You could vote for Jesus Christ (some would love that actually lol) and he couldn't fix the fucking agenda corruption that goes on in congress.

You wait 6 month and whoever gets elected President will be exposed as unable to do a damn thing.
    It isn't gonna happen. The power lies with congress, not with the President.
    If people would really wanted change, and if they had 2 cents worth of brains, they'd make congress the main issue.
    Go after your own congress person, after your own senator.
    Because no, he/she is not an exception. He/She is the same corporate shill..
    Kick them out and replace them with good people, and then you could have Kermit the Frog as president, because then it wouldn't matter..

I would vote for the "Rock" over most politicians
    a lot would.. lol
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2016-06-05 at 01:45 PM.

The absolute and ultimate irony is how the current election cycle shows how STUPID, the American electorate actually really is.
    There we have a congress sitting (literally speaking even) at an all time low approval rate around the single digit numbers.
    And the people jump at each others throats over their display doll, aka president.
    You could vote for Jesus Christ (some would love that actually lol) and he couldn't fix the fucking agenda corruption that goes on in congress.

You wait 6 month and whoever gets elected President will be exposed as unable to do a damn thing.
    If people would really wanted change, and if they had 2 cents worth of brains, they'd make congress the main issue.
    Kick them out and replace them with good people, and then you could have Kermit the Frog as president, because then it wouldn't matter..

a lot would.. lol
    I do agree with what you said. 90% of the electorate refuses to educate themselves and votes based off of 5 minute snipits they see on the local news. They watch their 5 minutes of news, consider themselves an "expert," then quickly change the channel and watch the Kardashians or the game and tune out. The problem is that their one vote cancels out the vote of a person that actually did research and knows what is happening. That is why I expect nothing to change.

I do also think it is very telling that an honest person can't really succeed at that level.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a weak excuse.

You can't choose who runs...but you can choose who you support...and a majority of you seem to support Trump or Hillary.
    Maybe you guys should consider building a wall on your southern border?

Actually the process is based on who gets the most votes as to who is elected during nomination for the most part. Even tho the democratic nomination process has the super delegate setup, Hillary still has millions of more votes than Sanders does. Only time it gets hairy is when the candidates are close in votes , then the delegates can be spread out a lot. But even Trump won most of his states by landslides.

- - - Updated - - -

The absolute and ultimate irony is how the current election cycle shows how STUPID the American electorate actually really is.

a lot would.. lol
    We? Am I remembering you as not a US citizen? If I am wrong, then forgive me.

If a President has the support of congress ( which at the time Obama does not ) they can accomplish a lot. Obama got his Obummercare thru congress because at the time the democrats had more members sitting in congress. So your statement is not totally wrong, but a President here does wield more power than many know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    So a foul mouth business man and a corrupt politician.

Did American morals declined? Why don't Americans care about how their politicians act in public?

-Military background

-Acts professional

-Knight in shining armor like Paragon Commander Shepard

-Humble

-Dedicated to serving their community and nation

-Service before self mindset

-Does not resort to insults or name calling

-Really inspirational and idealistic

-Heroic

Call me old fashioned but that is what I demand from a presidential candidate.
    So you want someone who behaves n turns countries like Vietnam n Korea into craters??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    Well you guys had Eisenhower who fit that bill perfectly. IMO republicans should presume Eisenhower more.
    Don't you "you guys" me...
    I'm PROUD not to be American...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    In our defense, we have been looking for the person with "high standards" for a long time. They just never seem to run....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please....
    No sane person would in this environment.

Carry on living a happy life doing what you do OR have every moment of your life inspected,skewed,taken out of context , judged,ripped apart and you still may not get the job because no one votes for you,super delegates don't like you ...whatever the reason.
    The only reason you run now is ....money and power...to use/benefit from once you are out of office.

You are either a tool for your party (and those who write the checks to that party) to use or a mental patient.
    That is how you are painted anyway...

Why would anyone with a good life want any of that?

All we care about is how politicians act, seemingly. News in the US is saturated with the behavior of candidates rather the soundness and rigor of their ideas and policy.

Morality is complete nonsense though. It was all made up and changes according to the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    All we care about is how politicians act, seemingly. News in the US is saturated with the behavior of candidates rather the soundness and rigor of their ideas and policy.

Morality is complete nonsense though. It was all made up and changes according to the times.
    So you do not care if the elected politican plans to keep the promises he got his votes for?
    Good to know, why not just throwing a coin then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

We? Am I remembering you as not a US citizen? If I am wrong, then forgive me.
    You are not wrong, yet the We still applies.
    If you paid attention, I chose my sentences carefully.
    I said the electorate, not we the electorate. I am not part of it, since residents cannot vote in general elections.
    But I am still part of the society that is governed by that congress. Hence the we applies.
    I cannot go around and say anything and everything that congress does or doesn't do, doesn't apply to me, or any other resident alien.
    We're in the millions too.

Did American morals declined? Why don't Americans care about how their politicians act in public?

-Military background

-Acts professional

-Humble

-Heroic

You act like the POTUS is anything more than a mouthpiece for the oligarchs that run the nation via the Federal Reserve and the corporations that surround it.

P.S. Let me know when a nationalist comes to power; until then, I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not wrong, yet the We still applies.
    If you paid attention, I chose my sentences carefully.
    I said the electorate, not we the electorate. I am not part of it, since residents cannot vote in general elections.
    But I am still part of the society that is governed by that congress. Hence the we applies.
    I cannot go around and say anything and everything that congress does or doesn't do, doesn't apply to me, or any other resident alien.
    We're in the millions too.
    You pay taxes and into Social Security? Not saying your input has no value, but a citizen's would carry more weight by default.

-Military background

-Acts professional

-Humble

-Heroic

simple. goody two shoes rarely have what it takes to be successful when put up against sharks.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Are we comparing a politicians to a fictional character now?
    Can't help but to agree with the above.

We are comparing a fictional character, more often than not created from the ground up with good values in order to be the "good guy", in whatever games\tv show they star on, to real life political sociopaths, that will say anything in front of us (and do everything outside of our gaze) to reach power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Pah, I'd vote for Deadpool.
    Deadpool is a Canadian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You pay taxes and into Social Security? Not saying your input has no value, but a citizen's would carry more weight by default.
    I pay taxes and SS, and as business owner I also feed a few people.
    I could have more weight in elections, if I'd naturalize and become a citizen. But I don't want to do that.
    I feel comfy with where I am, and what I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Deadpool is a Canadian.
    you just blew your chance of a takeover right there...

10+ Year Old Account
    I pay taxes and SS, and as business owner I also feed a few people.
    I could have more weight in elections, if I'd naturalize and become a citizen. But I don't want to do that.
    I feel comfy with where I am, and what I am.

- - - Updated - - -
    I once knew a guy who was from Scotland, but lived here in Ohio. He said he did not want to become a citizen because he could avoid some taxes that way. Not sure if he was referring to just federal ones? Or maybe some assets he had overseas back in his home country?