Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Suramar Dungeons have been locked behind quests since the get go. The only reason they were available without Suramar was for testing purposes but now that Suramar is actually working and they don't need to focus on dungeon testing, they put the requirement back on. You say you were looking forward to an endgame zone lasting longer than 3 hours and yet you're complaining about content being gated... what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You sure about that? In WoD flying unlocked a few previously unreachable areas, same may be true in Legion.
    Oh wow yeah totally, Flying unlocked the Dark Portal (uninstaned Tanaan start experience), uninstanced HFC 1st and 2nd boss room and uninstanced Highmaul. So much content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I heard somewhere that in a recent build they added a ton of gating mechanics to block off content in suramar. Including blocking off the 2 dungeons behind a rep grind. They also apparently made it more like tanaan jungle. I absolutely despise Tanaan. Please don't tell me they removed some of the quests making the zone shorter either. I was so hyped about an endgame zone that can't be done in 3 hrs. Does anyone with beta access know what changes were made to Suramar? I was really really looking forward to it after seeing videos praising it.
    You heard things. Do your research before you complain. Also, "did Blizzard ruin" - you come off sounding like a child when you can't even type correct words to a thread title.

Deleted
    I managed to start the Questline for Arcway somewhere around Friendlyish? Im near approaching the 6k Honored into 12k Reverred rep which opens up the questline to be attuned to the court of stars 5man.

Deleted
    hate that they are blocking off the two dungeons at the start, some classes need to go there to get a book for the class hall research quest while others dont, so the ones that dont now get a headstart on the 5 day research time

No, it is not "ruined." I've really enjoyed Suramar, even though mine bugged out a bit so I can't continue and finish it (yay beta!).

Once you get Arcanist Valtrois into your safe area, you can get ancient mana super quickly. Read this, and then scroll to the bottom to see the buff you can get to do this. This person is showing how you can get 800 ancient mana in about 15-20 minutes killing just a few mobs:

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...t-ancient-mana

Oh is this getting in the way of your lobby based playstyle? God forbid we have questing and depth in an RPG.

I heard somewhere that in a recent build they added a ton of gating mechanics to block off content in suramar. Including blocking off the 2 dungeons behind a rep grind. They also apparently made it more like tanaan jungle. I absolutely despise Tanaan. Please don't tell me they removed some of the quests making the zone shorter either. I was so hyped about an endgame zone that can't be done in 3 hrs. Does anyone with beta access know what changes were made to Suramar? I was really really looking forward to it after seeing videos praising it.
    So you want finish entire zone in 3h?
    Go play single player games

This is interesting.

It may not be such a bad thing to start locking dungeons and raids behind quest grinds (if that is the way I am understanding it). It is a way to make you really see that open world content that the developers worked so hard on. It doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Why cater to the casuals who just want to run dungeons and raids and not do the open world content? They should need to earn it.

It might be a good idea to put this requirement on new PvP modes too... although from what I hear there is not much going on with new PvP modes on Legion.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-06-05 at 05:21 PM.

"Give us more content" they say.
    "Make it hard" they say.
    "Make it feel like it's worth something" they say.
    "Don't make it interesting/hard/spending time doing it" they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    This is interesting.

It may not be such a bad thing to start locking dungeons and raids behind quest grinds (if that is the way I am understanding it). It is a way to make you really see that open world content that the developers worked so hard on. It doesn't seem like too much to ask.
    Then it would become nothing more than a boring attunement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Then it would become nothing more than a boring attunement.
    Making you play the game to earn what you see/experience is hardly much to ask. At least that is how the thinking usually goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be better off soft locking dungeon and or raid content after the main questlines in Suramar. That makes sense but that's what I would do. Whatever this grind is, it should be sensible, not too long but not too short either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Mankrik View Post
    Yes. You get about 100 rep per 100 mana turn in, but only if the NPC you hand into is starved. That is not *too* often. Once or twice a day it seems. You also get 75 rep per world quest in Suramar, but you can run out very quickly. The quests give no reputation.

It's mindboggling how slow this grind is
    Yeah the grind for Ancient Mana will be a long grind since you need so much of it.. about 500 for both Leyline Stations plus the 300 you need to give to one npc for a quest and of course the 100 you give to the each of the npc daily is a large drain.. But what is there in WQ's and quests is fun and varied, the sneaking around Suramar City was some of the better ones..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unir View Post
    No, it is not "ruined." I've really enjoyed Suramar, even though mine bugged out a bit so I can't continue and finish it (yay beta!).

Once you get Arcanist Valtrois into your safe area, you can get ancient mana super quickly. Read this, and then scroll to the bottom to see the buff you can get to do this. This person is showing how you can get 800 ancient mana in about 15-20 minutes killing just a few mobs:

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...t-ancient-mana
    Oh that is very cool never knew that will speed up my ancient mana farming..

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Making you play the game to earn what you see/experience is hardly much to ask. At least that is how the thinking usually goes.
    Would you be okay if 5.1-style quest chain about Genn and Sylvanas would be gated behind 2.2k PvP rating? Not everyone love every aspect of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    . . . Imagine if Nighthold ends up locked behind exalted Nightfallen (or at least completing Nightfallen storyline)
    Id like to think every person that plays the game on a medium-serious level would be exalted by the time nighthold opens up, wonder what they are doing with their play time otherwise, unless they gate the rep come live for whatever reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Before Blizzard can ruin anything, they can of have to make it first. The beta is not a finished product. What you might have seen as previous Suramar, might have had a lot of problems, which they fixed with the gating. Lets wait undtil the final product is done, before we start talking about Blizzard ruining content.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna know what has changed with Suramar since it 1st came into the beta? We're any Suramar questlines removed? What exactly has been changed? And what rewards have been added?
    My God guy. Please learn some proper punctuation. I'm trying to read the thread and its one mistake after the other. Like seriously, even the title sounds messed up. We're is, We are, not were. Damn, its not that hard and I can't even enjoy reading it because of this.

Would you be okay if 5.1-style quest chain about Genn and Sylvanas would be gated behind 2.2k PvP rating? Not everyone love every aspect of the game.
    How is that even comparable? These Suramar dungeons arent locked behind defeating Mythic Guldan. They're basic quests that anyone can do, it'll just take a little time.

Agreed... I totally agree.

My original suggestion was more to point out the absurdity of requiring unconnected things in order to get to something you like (sarcasm, if you will).

It can be applied to so many things about WoW... like earning the right to Raid, or earning the right to Fly, or earning the right to have decent gear, or requiring grouping to complete a goal. The list is endless really.

People (maybe not you) just like to draw a line in the sand and say, "No one can earn the right to have this, unless you have done what I say needs to be done." It is a freakishly common pattern on game forums everywhere.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-06-05 at 06:07 PM.

So gated behind rep grind. But is the rep grind gated behind timeouts like dailies weeklies?