Deleted

How are these classes in wow atm ?

hi everyone, i've came back after being gone 1-2 months after draenor was released.

At the moment i'm playing with 3 other friends, being their classes the following:
    - Hunter
    - Hunter
    - Priest(healer)

Since so many changes happened during this time, i'm kinda lost in terms of choosing a classe to main and play with them

I've always been a fan of pvp rather than pve. And i would like to know your opinion about each of the classes i've
    narrowed down in the past days.
    - Rogue
    - Warrior
    - Warlock
    - Druid ( either feral, boom, or healer )
    Keep in mind, that i'm not looking for the OP or the best, i just need some help understanding the pros and cons of each classe at the moment

what classe/spec should i choose to mash/have fun with my friends ?

Best Regards,
    Rui Duarte

Quote Originally Posted by ruibullseye View Post
    hi everyone, i've came back after being gone 1-2 months after draenor was released.

At the moment i'm playing with 3 other friends, being their classes the following:
    - Hunter
    - Hunter
    - Priest(healer)

Since so many changes happened during this time, i'm kinda lost in terms of choosing a classe to main and play with them

I've always been a fan of pvp rather than pve. And i would like to know your opinion about each of the classes i've
    narrowed down in the past days.
    - Rogue
    - Warrior
    - Warlock
    - Druid ( either feral, boom, or healer )
    Keep in mind, that i'm not looking for the OP or the best, i just need some help understanding the pros and cons of each classe at the moment

what classe/spec should i choose to mash/have fun with my friends ?

Best Regards,
    Rui Duarte
    Roll a resto druid and play with your survival hunter friend in 2v2. Cant go wrong.
    If you want something harder then roll a rogue and play with your discpriest friend.

I can comment on Boomkin as it is my main in PVP. To be honest boomkins are literally the king when it comes to arena and the leaderboards further prove my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Metawow View Post
    I can comment on Boomkin as it is my main in PVP. To be honest boomkins are literally the king when it comes to arena and the leaderboards further prove my point.
    There's around 100 boomkins in top 1000 EU 2v2 and 3v3.
    Those arent really bad numbers but far from "literally the king when it comes to arena"
    Restodruid has atleast 4 times that representation and its better in both 2v2 and 3v3.

No competition.

Greetings my fellow pvper.
    In regards of 2s: u can run feral or rogue both good with Hunter or Disc in 2s. Warrior may be "OKish" with disc in 2s but its no where as good as war/resto drood or war/hpal.
    3s. if you roll feral, u can run feral/bm/disc to at least 2.4k+ very very easy. Also if you roll rog, Thug clv (rog, hunter, disc) is also very very good and you should not have issues hitting high rating. Warrior: u can either play Arms or Fury and play War/Hunter/Disc but this comp is not as good as previous 2 comps. Lock: it is not too viable with a priest healer and a hunter for the most part, unless hunter is survival then UA/Survival Hunter/ healer is decent, but healer must be Resto drood in my opinion or an Hpal. So basically rog/feral are best picks to play WITH ur friends : hunter & disc. Warrior can be viable too but not as good as former two. Lock is a no no unless ur disc can play a dif healer.

Procs and Cons:
    All classes you mentioned all of them in a very good spot in high end arena, so basically decide what you want melee or caster, healer or dps?

Personally, i would roll a boomie or rogue, because they are mad fun and good in EVERY pvp aspect of the game : Arena, RBGs, casual, duels, wpvp, but if u roll boomy, u won't be able to play with ur friends in 3s (in 2s boomy/surv hunter is still viable at mid range cr ), so i guess it seems as Rogue is the way to go from my pov.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    There's around 100 boomkins in top 1000 EU 2v2 and 3v3.
    Those arent really bad numbers but far from "literally the king when it comes to arena"
    Restodruid has atleast 4 times that representation and its better in both 2v2 and 3v3.

No competition.
    You can't compare a dps and a healer in that sense. I would never be able to main a healer, because I deal damage, period. I like to off heal though here and there. But for someone who wants to get into pvp and pretty much dominate casual pvp. Boomkins is the king. There's many threads on it. Insane damage, insane mobility, good cc, just generally the best go to caster for people who wants to. However the only downside is being squishy in 3's. Top end representation isn't always the best to see how a spec fairs. Mages are by far more popular but a good mage will never beat a good boomkin and a boomkin can one shot anything with cd's up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also boomkin rbg's are the funniest I ever did, destroying the charts. The irony is people saying "let's bring more affli locks" but everytime I beat them in damage and pressure. Then there's that two times I 1vs20 in ashran with ancient artifact. People still don't believe me

- - - Updated - - -

HOWEVER in legion, I'm not sure I will play boomkin because it became to much of a caster class and I prefer dot'n'run and get procs. I can't stand casting in pvp more than casting cyclones and the few wrath's but new balance is very much casting then I'd probably prefer shadow priest's new design.

You soliciting advice about playing class when in 2 months or less all of the classes will undergo a major overhaul in both effectiveness and play style. And even if you receive advice from someone in the beta, especially with regard to pvp, you can't possibly find the advice to be conclusive. Many of the players in the beta haven't found their mojo yet and even if they have, they is a strong reasonable probability they're facing players who haven't. The best you can and should do is put yourself in a position where you can possibly pursue a certain class from a pool of a select few.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    You can't compare a dps and a healer in that sense. I would never be able to main a healer, because I deal damage, period. I like to off heal though here and there. But for someone who wants to get into pvp and pretty much dominate casual pvp. Boomkins is the king. There's many threads on it. Insane damage, insane mobility, good cc, just generally the best go to caster for people who wants to. However the only downside is being squishy in 3's. Top end representation isn't always the best to see how a spec fairs. Mages are by far more popular but a good mage will never beat a good boomkin and a boomkin can one shot anything with cd's up.
    Unless you are talking some1 afking, it is not true =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Unless you are talking some1 afking, it is not true =)
    Care to explain? Ofcourse you wont die if you use defensives. But that's not what I said.

Care to explain? Ofcourse you wont die if you use defensives. But that's not what I said.
    Well i was referring to arena settings with players in full conquest gear (u right, i shoulda clarified) I dont believe there are any specs who can 1 shot some1 who is aware of ur cds, aka popping D-cds to counter ur offensive cds. Even if they stand still (in arena settings) it will take u more than 1-2 globals to bring some from 100 to 0.
    I think you were referring to ashran and wpvp, where I actually 100% believe you that u can global some1 as boomy using external buffs like artifact for example or Unleashed Mania + legendary ring, but once again it is possible if ur enemy is not aware of u bursting and that person won’t pop D-cds like CLOS, Bubble, PS, MS, deter and etc.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-06-06 at 05:20 AM.

Deleted
    lots of people at 2500 rating plus getting globaled by boomkins in some moments when they get "caught".

With oneshot I mean 3 Starsurges with Incarnation and trinket up. Oneshot haven't meant 1 global in many years in the pvp scene.

- - - Updated - - -

I see oneshot as a very quick kill attempt, by no means did I mean 1 global ^^

Deleted
    lots of people at 2500 rating plus getting globaled by boomkins in some moments when they get "caught".

With oneshot I mean 3 Starsurges with Incarnation and trinket up. Oneshot haven't meant 1 global in many years in the pvp scene.

- - - Updated - - -

It still isn't a one shot.

One shot means exactly that. One hit kill.

You can't compare bla bla bla bla
    Yes I can and I did. Resto Druid is the overall better choice for pvp. No contest!
    I dont understand why you even bring up mages in this!? He asked about Rogues, Warriors, Warlocks and Druids (any spec).

I suggest reading the OP one more time!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Yes I can and I did. Resto Druid is the overall better choice for pvp. No contest!
    I dont understand why you even bring up mages in this!? He asked about Rogues, Warriors, Warlocks and Druids (any spec).

I suggest reading the OP one more time!
    I never said he should play mage.

I suggested him to play boomkin, because it got everything. Plus being resto off spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if u get 3 starsurges in a row with trinket up and those "smart" ppl dont do anything, then u right, they do die =). Sorry =) i am more old school to me one shot means, stun --> pop cds --> 1 spell u dead lol

- - - Updated - - -

I never said he should play mage.

I suggested him to play boomkin, because it got everything. Plus being resto off spec.
    I also think out of all those 4 classes, drood is most viable, it has ALL 3 viable specs for high end arena, feral, boomy, resto. Personally i also find boomy most desired from those 4 classes, but Rogue would fit better for comp with his friends = Thug clv