Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I appreciate that you seem to at least understand what I'm trying to say.
    Oh trust me, I know exactly what you're talking about. Perhaps Americans teens mature slower than people of different countries, and that's were the disconnect is. Rather than biological growth being determined by a strict number across the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Oh trust me, I know exactly what you're talking about. Perhaps Americans teens mature slower than people of different countries, and that's were the disconnect is. Rather than biological growth being determined by a strict number across the world.
    This may be true

I don't think they do necessarily. 18 is just a random number for consent, as it is for drinking alcohol.

Well, again, context matters. And since you can't understand that, then grats?
    Context is all well and good...and I don't think the whole "what if the kid was 8" argument is any more meaningful than talking about other countries sex laws. Neither factor is relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane
    Not sloppy at all I gave a general answer
    Sloppy. You missed the distinction between void and voidable.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Context is all well and good...and I don't think the whole "what if the kid was 8" argument is any more meaningful than talking about other countries sex laws. Neither factor is relevant.
    If you don't care about context, you're essentially just derailing. Taking something out of context is moving goalposts, and attempting to change the discussion I was having. Its dishonest, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    If you were the guy pursuing 12 and 13 year olds that is not pedophilia but you could be admitting to raping those girls. Some places state that if both are under age it is the male that is doing the rape. People that age should never be having sex but I do not agree it is always the males fault when it does happen between two children. But using your own sorry story as a reason to say that child rape is OK is not OK. You have a problem and you should go and seek help. Having sex at such a young age has damaged you mentally.

12 might be young to some but a politicians laws don't always go hand in hand with nature. Do you think cavemen concerned themselves with numbers? No. They concerned themselves with sexual maturity to carry on the species. If our laws existed back then the human race would be extinct since you were lucky to live to 30 then. 14 is pretty well sexually mature and most 14 year olds these days are sexually active. You condemn these acts now but are obviously ok with how you even came to be since to haven't taken your own life in disgust.

In this case he pursued her so the whole child rape thing is a big reach. She didn't really use her position of authority to seduce him. Inappropriate given her position of authority but worthy of destroying her life? No. Fire her, fine her but prison? Absurd.

Had she been the instigator that would be a whole different story. She's stupid, not a pedophile or child rapist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I don't think they do necessarily. 18 is just a random number for consent, as it is for drinking alcohol.
    Ethics/morals vary, but I have a hard time believing Germany and Spain are that much different than America in those regards. Even Canada. There's got to be a different philosophy as to why the cutoff age is lower. Maturity is the only one I can think of right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Sloppy. You missed the distinction between void and voidable.
    k
    /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    12 might be young to some but a politicians laws don't always go hand in hand with nature. Do you think cavemen concerned themselves with numbers? No. They concerned themselves with sexual maturity to carry on the species. If our laws existed back then the human race would be extinct since you were lucky to live to 30 then. 14 is pretty well sexually mature and most 14 year olds these days are sexually active. You condemn these acts now but are obviously ok with how you even came to be since to haven't taken your own life in disgust.

In this case he pursued her so the whole child rape thing is a big reach. She didn't really use her position of authority to seduce him. Inappropriate given her position of authority but worthy of destroying her life? No. Fire her, fine her but prison? Absurd.

Had she been the instigator that would be a whole different story. She's stupid, not a pedophile or child rapist.
    Cave men lived till their 20s.... maybe 30s. Why the hell are you bringing up cavemen?

she should be forced to resign from that school as a teacher. no prison time though because shes hot. plus the US needs more teachers, they can use her elsewhere.

If you don't care about context, you're essentially just derailing. Taking something out of context is moving goalposts, and attempting to change the discussion I was having. Its dishonest, at best.
    I'm not moving any goal posts. Your "other countries have different sex laws" is just as dishonest as "what if the kid was 8?". The kid wasn't 8 and this didn't happen in another country where the Age of Consent is 13. The Context isn't actually that important because it doesn't actually relate to the subject matter.

Ethics/morals vary, but I have a hard time believing Germany and Spain are that much different than America in those regards. Even Canada. There's got to be a different philosophy as to why the cutoff age is lower. Maturity is the only one I can think of right now.
    I'd say puritanical beliefs. Too many things are "taboo" here because they are "inappropriate." Some areas teach abstinence because of this... I don't think its necessarily because of the sexual maturity of the teenagers, but because those ridiculous beliefs are still enshrined in many people, and no one really cares to have that discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not moving any goal posts. Your "other countries have different sex laws" is just as dishonest as "what if the kid was 8?". The kid wasn't 8 and this didn't happen in another country where the Age of Consent is 13. The Context isn't actually that important because it doesn't actually relate to the subject matter.
    Uhh, yes, the context is important.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    she should be forced to resign from that school as a teacher. no prison time though because shes hot.
    Wtf, you don't get special legal privileges if you're hot. lol

Yes she is hot. No she isn't a pedophile. No, it doesn't matter that the parents consented. In Texas,she is guilty of statutory rape. Being that she was in a position of power it makes it worse for her. She will do jail time. Probably 5-7 years. 3 with parole and good behavior. Which is good news because he will be near consenting age in Texas.

I personally would look at this onecase and give it a pass. Obviously the law cannot do that as it is clearly against Texas law and then it sets a legal precedent for future cases.

Also, I think Genn posted the Twitter response about the haircut, that was very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    she should be forced to resign from that school as a teacher.
    She should be forced to register as a sex offender.

no prison time though because shes hot.

hotness has no legal bearing

plus the US needs more teachers, they can use her elsewhere

Good luck finding a teaching job with a stat rape conviction

I'd say puritanical beliefs. Too many things are "taboo" here because they are "inappropriate." Some areas teach abstinence because of this... I don't think its necessarily because of the sexual maturity of the teenagers, but because those ridiculous beliefs are still enshrined in many people, and no one really cares to have that discussion
    I was more referring to why other countries are ok with a lesser age, but as far as here in the states? yea, I'd have to agree, heck wasn't the law book written based on religious beliefs. Interestingly enough, having people abstain from sex seems to make it all the more interesting. We now have a wicked act becoming that much more exciting for some. This forbidden thing.

Deleted
    Male teacher does this, he gets sent away for life. Ugly female teacher does this, she gets sent away for life. Pretty female teacher does this, she's the hero of the world.

She should be forced to register as a sex offender.

hotness has no legal bearing

Good luck finding a teaching job with a stat rape conviction
    well sex offenders by definition are horrible people like serial rapists, child traffickers and murders with sexual crimes attatched. what sucks is she did something very stupid but she shouldnt be penalized for the rest of her life for a non violent crime. in my opinion she should get a slap on the wrist since she didnt really hurt anyone, consent was implied and she was cooperating with the police etc. her life is basically ruined now though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    how? rape even if legal is still rape
    Rape means a lack of consent. In the US, teens under 18 are legally unable to give consent, thus why it is rape, because there is no legal consent.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"