10+ Year Old Account
    Question.
    Did they at least burn down Stormwind at the end?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sniglet View Post
    ignoring them while posting about them GG #blizzboylogic

On Topic the movie took a dump back down to 19%. you dont get scores that low if the movie is any good

RIP sequels
    I'm not ignoring them because of the Warcraft movie ratings, it's not exactly the most hyped movie for me atm, however the critics there are rather biased and have given bad reviews for movies I've enjoyed in the past, that's why I don't go to movies anymore just based on RottenTomato reviews.

Twist my words as much as you want, but from your posts it seems you want the movie to fail, while I'm just sitting here not even giving a damn about it, even though I will go see it eventually at some point.

Peace.

I'm very happy the movie flopped totally. The problem with WoD was too that it seems that blizzard focused more on the movie than the game. And This together with their lazyness destroyed the WoW-Franchise. I hope with the movie gone, Blizzard goes back to support the game more.

Also naturally it's a Flop: If it was a CGI in Blizzard-Style it could have been a hit. But a live-action movie? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Also naturally it's a Flop: If it was a CGI in Blizzard-Style it could have been a hit. But a live-action movie? LOL
    Blizzard CGI is animated mostly by hand and uses as little as possible motion capture. Doing a full CGI movie like that in "Blizzard" style would be too costly.

Deleted
    I have seen the movie 2 times, the first time as a fan and the second time as a "random person" more objectively. The conclusion I came to is: Critics are paid to make bad reviews or they didn't see the movie/don't like fantasy film.

Really, it's not a "MASTERPIECE OMFG GG" but it is not even a "Piece of garbage, Street Fighter the movie 2", I would rate it 7/10 as a "random person" and 8/10 as a fan.
    I have entered the theater, the first time, with expectations lowest as possible, I was already prepared to get disappointed but...it was not like that, it's a good movie.
    Don't trust the 1-2/10 reviews, go see it the movie and make a judgement yourself.

I didn't like the actor that interpreted Lothar, because I think he has the expressiveness of a wooden log but the movie worked anyway, even during the second time I watched it, I didn't felt like I watched a movie of 2+ hours.
    The film is even full of Easter eggs for fans, and they are inserted not in a dumb way.

The CG is godly on orcs and average on some enviroment, but they are not bad in any way or make your eyes bleed.

The story got a bit modified compared to the original material, but it's not completely changed in a stupid way that don't make sense.
    In my opinion they should have made a tv series, because the story seemed rushed.
    Some love moments are useless but they are not invasive and they are short (like 5 minutes total on a 2 hours film)

So......Go see it!! Don't trust trolls!

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Blizzard CGI is animated mostly by hand and uses as little as possible motion capture. Doing a full CGI movie like that in "Blizzard" style would be too costly.
    Yes, but then it's better to not produce one rather than a Live-Action flop. And little as possible motion: All the Overwatch-Trailers are far from little motion, and they are all very good. Still i can understand that for now a CGI-Movie might be too costly, but it would also be a much greater hit.

Yes, but then it's better to not produce one rather than a Live-Action flop. And little as possible motion: All the Overwatch-Trailers are far from little motion, and they are all very good. Still i can understand that for now a CGI-Movie might be too costly, but it would also be a much greater hit.
    Yeah, like all those succesful animation movies that aren't for kids like...

and...

and how could we forget...

Oh, right, that genre doesn't exist because only hardcore fans would sit through a two-hour long cinematic, like Advent Children.

Not to mention, it would take more than a decade for Blizzard to make a movie as high quality as their cinematics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Question.
    Did they at least burn down Stormwind at the end?
    Thats in the second war, not first

It's way too early to say that the movie is a flop considering final numbers aren't out yet (talking revenue, not ratings).

Quote Originally Posted by jushuamc View Post
    There is a thread now with info where you can download Warcraft movie
    Yes, there's plenty of rips online already in low quality if people want to watch them. Don't need to link them here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Avatar they also loved which only had effects going for it, and the effects in Warcraft were better.
    lol !

Deleted
    I'm very happy the movie flopped totally. The problem with WoD was too that it seems that blizzard focused more on the movie than the game. And This together with their lazyness destroyed the WoW-Franchise. I hope with the movie gone, Blizzard goes back to support the game more.

Flop? it has performed great in EU and it will perform great in Asia. JUst because AMericans give critics more credit that they should it doesnt mean this movie will flop. THey dont even critic the movie.They put ahead--Game into movie adaptation thread, and they start their 100% negative biased review.

I mean i have read tons of stupid things, from ORCS being racist in Guardian, to Orcs should be intelligesnt enough to have T-shirts from a TOP reviewer in RT.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    This is not "Lord of the Rings." It's barely "Dungeons & Dragons."

- Ethan Sacks
    Ouch!

Plenty of schlocky action from what I'm gathering. I'm sure it will turn a decent (but not great) profit overall as overseas audiences love to see any big budget CGI fest. It'll be interesting to see how many in the US will bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Ouch!

Plenty of schlocky action from what I'm gathering. I'm sure it will turn a decent (but not great) profit overall as overseas audiences love to see any big budget CGI fest. It'll be interesting to see how many in the US will bother with it.
    The transformers movies made 1/3 of their Box Office in the US and you talk about overseas loves big budget CGI fest? The action scenes in this movie at least serve a purpose other than just having pointless action for 10 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the movie this weekend, enjoyed it immensely as a fan, bit disjointed if not. 8/10 as a fan 7/10 if not. Critics can go suck a dick.

Deleted
    The movie was awesome.
    Everybody I know who's seen it, including people who don't play and don't know the franchise, most of them being girls, liked it.

Sure, you miss a few inside jokes (people don't know what a murloc is, for example), but the movie as a whole is pretty good even for an outsider.

Would recommend, have recommended, and will keep recommending.

If Americans don't want to go see the movie because biased reviews are given too much credit, that's fine, Asia and Europe will make sure there's enough cash going in for a sequel.

Well I have trust in IMDB ratings because they always seem to be similar to my own experiences. And with over 30000 reviews a 7.9 looks pretty damn good to me. Probably not going to see it in theaters though but I'm interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Ouch!

The action is anything but schlocky. Also, Americans are just as willing to watch CGI heavy films as much as any international audience. The US is nothing special in this regard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    The US is nothing special
    GASP!
    You did not...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    lol !

What is so funny about it? The CGI in Avatar is 6-7 years old at this point and WarCraft has state of the art effects done by one of the most influential special effects teams in the world, Industrial Light and Magic.