Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    common sense went down around the last election
    Went down even more with this thread. We don't pick our candidates either. Kinda thinking the op's post is bordering on trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Maybe yours has. Mine has not. Been steadily going up each year more then the rate of inflation. 4% last year when we had a 0% cost of living increase. And at the same time the coverage has been decreasing and out of pocket expenses going up.
    Still better than the 8.5% increase in 2011. 2015 had the lowest increase in the last 20 years.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    Still better than the 8.5% increase in 2011. 2015 had the lowest increase in the last 20 years.
    From what I have read, that is going to drastically change the next couple years. But besides, it should never exceed the inflation rate. Nothing as important as health care should. if you consider the rate of inflation over the last 10 years and the rise in the cost of health care, it is clear which is out pacing the other. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    From what I have read, that is going to drastically change the next couple years. But besides, it should never exceed the inflation rate. Nothing as important as health care should. if you consider the rate of inflation over the last 10 years and the rise in the cost of health care, it is clear which is out pacing the other. :P
    But that's been happening before Obamacare was even a thing.

Some of us want to overhaul the entire system of legislation in America, from money in campaigns to ethics and behavior. Others however, hear one or two things they like from a candidate(often pandering) and they quickly jump on board and selectively filter out -anything- negative about the candidate in question. Hence, we have an extremely broken system but one that isn't changed easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataroku View Post
    So instead you're going to give up your right to have a say in what happens to your country. Great defeatist attitude you have going there. "I'm just one person, my vote won't make any difference" x millions of people.

Why are you even reading political candidate threads, anyway?
    When did I say that? Oh right..I didn't.

I don't like Hillary and I don't like Trump. I'm not going to help someone into office whom I don't like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because the dirty secret that no one ever says is that most Americans are just as dirty and corrupt as the politicians that they choose OP. The American public will never pick a candidate that has higher moral fiber than them because then that candidate would impose those higher moral standards on them, and the American public doesn't want that because it would make them feel like the morally bankrupt scum that they actually are.

This is a major reason why Obama is hated so much.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-06-06 at 05:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because goody goodies make for terrible leaders, no matter what your mother or anyone who hasn't held a position in power like to tell you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    The USA has not polarized left and right. The USA has polarized right, period.

Just about the entirety of the views meaningfully represented in your government would be collected in the right-wing/marketist parties of basically every other western democracy.
    I am only comparing the USA to the USA, not to other countries. Compared other western democracies, of course we are further to the right. MY post was never about that. Also I did not say the USA as a whole, I said the two faces of our political system, continue to polarize.

As far as the USA as a whole. I have lived in California, New York, Nevada, and Florida. Which states have you lived in? I have first hand experience. You have what the media tells you. Hardliner conservatism, gets more extreme, as it shrinks. Liberalism is on the rise, for better or for worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    When did I say that? Oh right..I didn't.

I don't like Hillary and I don't like Trump. I'm not going to help someone into office whom I don't like.
    I agree. I feel that if you vote for someone you take on a degree of responsibility for their choices while in that office. I could not vote for Hillary, or Trump, and maintain a clear conscience.
    Last edited by Erudean; 2016-06-06 at 03:36 PM.