US critics = cancer

also the orc CGI was godly and the rest ofCGI was very good as well

I haven't seen the movie yet but man so far im seeing one of the biggest deivations in the critic score and the audience reviews on RT ever, vast majority of audience reviews seem to be 3-5. Though going by what both critics and audience thinks the main problem seems to be they cut TOO MUCH to make it about 2 hours so some things feel weird. But reading it even the people who were meh on it generally seemed to think it was better than the critics score.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    US critics = cancer
    I think that might be a little over the top. As you're lumping the whole group into one bag. Maybe US Critics are a little more snobby or maybe they just are holding newer films to higher standards. Looks really pretty shouldn't be the basis of if the movie is good or bad.

I don't hate critics, I just rarely agree with them, just like I rarely agree with the Oscars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I think that might be a little over the top. As you're lumping the whole group into one bag. Maybe US Critics are a little more snobby or maybe they just are holding newer films to higher standards. Looks really pretty shouldn't be the basis of if the movie is good or bad.

I don't hate critics, I just rarely agree with them, just like I rarely agree with the Oscars.
    Most US critics haven't even reviewed this movie. There's 13 reviews on MC and 45 on RT, that's not even half of how many a movie usually has.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    I haven't seen the movie yet but man so far im seeing one of the biggest deivations in the critic score and the audience reviews on RT ever, vast majority of audience reviews seem to be 3-5. Though going by what both critics and audience thinks the main problem seems to be they cut TOO MUCH to make it about 2 hours so some things feel weird. But reading it even the people who were meh on it generally seemed to think it was better than the critics score.
    Many things were left unexplained but i believe many of then doesn't make diference for someone that doesn't know the history.

A minor spoiler:

You don't need to know from where Gul'dan got his powers.Just how it works. Like the Force from Sw,you don't know where it came from but you know how its works.

Deleted
    I thought the movie was fine might have enjoyed it a bit more if I knew less about the lore and seeing how much they changed or skipped over (as expected) noticed a few cheap plastic buildings in some of the stormwind scenes but overall the sets and and effects were decent.

Would give it a 7/10 definitely better than most if not all video game movies I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Many things were left unexplained but i believe many of then doesn't make diference for someone that doesn't know the history.

A minor spoiler:

You don't need to know from where Gul'dan got his powers.Just how it works. Like the Force from Sw,you don't know where it came from but you know how its works.
    But, but, midi-chlorians! They're important!

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post

A minor spoiler:

Well the Legion stuff, just WHAT exactly Medivh turned into (since Iv heard it's never stated "thats Sargeras" or his name is ever said) is stuff that can be explained in possible sequels, honestly even in an extended cut trying to explain all the Legion/Demon/Fel stuff would be a damn mess for the first film unless it was like 4 hours +.

Especially since frankly it's a lot more complicated than the Force is (well the Force has it's own complexities but if you want to explain the origins of "the Fel" you have to basically explain the Demons, and to that you have to explain the Burning Legion and Sargeras, which is all hugely important stuff but frankly stuff that shouldn't be put all out in the first part of the story, just hinted at. That stuff deserves to be shown properly, not just exposited. Especially since in-universe basically no one not named Gul'Dan knows what's actually going on yet.)
    Last edited by Mgann-Morzz; 2016-06-06 at 02:23 PM.

Deleted
    Went to see it with GF on friday, i've been following Warcraft games and lore since it was created, she doesn't know a thing about it. Both of us enjoyed it immensely.
    The only thing i'd say is King Llane and Khadgar both looked like they were taking straight from a LARP group. Their costumes just didn't look right at all.
    Other than that the movie was great, pleasant surprise. Hope they make a sequel, or this at least encourages them to make a full length animated overwatch movie.

My family,(mom,dad and sister) gave 8-9/10,as a WoW fan i gave 8/10 because i thought some Lore moments could be used.If i could give a critic i would say:

A interesting and original way to tell a alien invasion.

It's back down to 18% with less than four days to us release. The bad reviews just keep pouring in.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    It's back down to 18% with less than four days to us release. The bad reviews just keep pouring in.
    Just more people who will be proven fools with the success of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Just more people who will be proven fools with the success of the film.
    Movie is probably 4 to 6 material = not worth watching. One reviewer even gave them a 0, which I think it is insane since just by existing I think it deserves a 2. Only show how displeased they were for spending their time watching it and as they say, it does not even have a proper ending. That shit for me right there is a "avoid at all costs" warning.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    Movie is probably 4 to 6 material = not worth watching.
    One, 4-6 doesn't equal 0-3, which is what some of these critics are trying to pass as a review. That's The Room levels of bad. This movie isn't that, at all. Hell, it's better than the Hobbit and comparable to Avatar, and all of those get a lot more praise than this.

Two, you don't get to decide for other people what's worth or not worth watching.

Three, if you limit yourself to what other people score as 7+, you're going to miss thousands of good movies.

Four, anyone who likes fantasy, and definitely people who like Warcraft, should definitely give this movie a chance.

Five, fuck critics.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-06-06 at 03:44 PM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the movie. It is by no means a full 10, mostly because the pacing is too fast and there were some variations, but those who are giving 4's and 3's like they were nothing are really out of their mind. Come on, those scores are for movies like Dragon Ball Evolution! Warcraft is, AT MINIMUM, a full seven. Loved it and I'll defend it to death.

Movie is probably 4 to 6 material = not worth watching. One reviewer even gave them a 0, which I think it is insane since just by existing I think it deserves a 2. Only show how displeased they were for spending their time watching it and as they say, it does not even have a proper ending. That shit for me right there is a "avoid at all costs" warning.
    You have your opinion, not a majority opinion judging by the sales figures but an opinion none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    One, 4-6 doesn't equal 0-3, which is what some of these critics are trying to pass as a review. That's The Room levels of bad. This movie isn't that, at all. Hell, it's better than the Hobbit and comparable to Avatar, and all of those get a lot more praise than this.

Two, you don't get to decide for other people what's worth or not worth watching.

Three, if you limit yourself to what other people score as 7+, you're going to miss thousands of good movies.

Four, anyone who likes fantasy, and definitely people who like Warcraft, should definitely give this movie a chance.
    One, critics have to judge based on thousands of movies they have watched. Let's be honest, for us it can be a 4- 6 just because the CGI effects whereas for some critics the heavy use of CGI went to the absurd and classify it as fake or synthetic.

Two, I speak for myself, If it was for me WoW would have died completely severall years ago, it is the people with walmart pcs, gold traders and the chinese who keep this sinking ship to go to the abyss it deserves.

Three, I do not limit myself to 7+reviews, I limit myself to what I think it will be nice watching, period. Sadly this does not live up to my expectation.

Four, you don't decide what people should be watching either.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    You have your opinion, not a majority opinion judging by the sales figures but an opinion none the less.
    So far the movie has been doing good in all the countries it was released. The reason why sales figures are still low is because they still need to release it in major markets like Asia and North America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two, I speak for myself, If it was for me WoW would have died completely severall years ago, it is the people with walmart pcs, gold traders and the chinese who keep this sinking ship to go to the abyss it deserves.
    And now you're just bitter and want everything to fail that has to do with warcraft, I think we get that.