Poll: Which Storyline Are You Enjoying The Most

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Game of Thrones, which storyline are you enjoying most?

Please stop reading if you have not watched this season of GoT yet.

Having said that, which story line is everyone most enjoying?

The reason I write this is because the past two weeks of the show, both Sam and Xander Clegane, fairly small characters in the show are getting a LOT of screen time, as in multiple scenes in one episode a LOT, which as we know even the stars of the show usually don't get that much love in an episode. This made me think...do people really give a shit about Sam and him becoming a Maester and the comeback of Xander?

Because I for one know I really don't, and really wish the would focus more on Danny and her new formidable force, Snow and his comeback, Tyrion and wtf is going to happen with his storyline....

IDK, maybe I am just a fuddy duddy and feel this show is ramping up big again, but I... just really don't care about someone who I thought's book closed rather fittingly(Xander) and Sam who I feel like we squeezed all the juice from.... I get it, the show needs small pieces to allow big pieces to move, but blehhhhhh I.... I never thought I'd say this, but almost want to fast forward these parts of the show.

*EDIT: my GOD did i butcher the MAJORITY of the names on that poll. For that, I am sooo sorry Tommen*, Sandor*, Jaime*, Varys*, Margaery*...maybe even Dany*

... suprise I didn't spell Sam wrong >.<
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2016-06-07 at 02:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly invested in the Jon Snow story but I'm definitely hyped for the mother fucking Greyjoys. They're all so good though its hard to choose. My least favorite would be Daenarys/Sandsnake crap

Deleted
    Who the hell is Xander?

Always Tyrion.

If Tyrion's current story arc was him deciding whether or not to go to the market and buy carrots or cabbage, I'd still say that.

However, Bran's storyline went from my least favorite the first 5 seasons to one of the most interesting this season.

Sandor deserves his own option

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Who the hell is Xander?
    Maybe meant Sandor?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Who the hell is Xander?
    What he said. You do know that his name is Sandor, right? Looking back, about 80% of the names are spelled incorrectly lol.
    Last edited by noladrew; 2016-06-06 at 07:31 PM.

Night's King/White Walkers stuff, closest thing to Death Knights we see on TV. They need to start killing more and dying less though, the Wights are largely irrelevant as they're just the shock troops but we've seen 3 WW killed so far and there doesn't seem to be an infinite number of those so the ease of their deaths has kind of brought them down a notch or two in my book.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Night's King/White Walkers stuff, closest thing to Death Knights we see on TV. They need to start killing more and dying less though, the Wights are largely irrelevant as they're just the shock troops but we've seen 3 WW killed so far and there doesn't seem to be an infinite number of those so the ease of their deaths has kind of brought them down a notch or two in my book.
    I've read theories there's much more WW in their "city" far in the North that we haven't seen yet. Right now we're just seeing the NK and his lieutenants mobilizing the troops, so to speak.

Jon, of course. It's the only storyline that matters, and the only one I was ever interested in.

It started with him finding the wolves, it's probably gonna end with him as well; I mean he is the Song of Ice and Fire... wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Did they say how many more seasons the show would last? Because at this pace, the book will be out before the show's done, and then I can safely say "screw it" and be done with this series.
    Last edited by Ærion; 2016-06-06 at 07:45 PM.

Tyrion and Varys are carrying the show. Night King for the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Jon, of course. It's the only storyline that matters, and the only one I was ever interested in.

It started with him finding the wolves, it's probably gonna end with him as well; I mean he is the Song of Ice and Fire... wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Did they say how many more seasons the show would last? Because at this pace, the book will be out before the show's done, and then I can safely say "screw it" and be done with this series.
    2 more seasons I believe with the last 2 being 7 episodes each. I'm almost certain the show will be done before the next book and even then I don't think GRRM will bother finishing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toss-up between the Stark reunion and the Night's King. Dany and her dragons has overtaken Arya's story for best time to take a piss break.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I personally enjoy Tyrion/Varys scenes the most, they are my favorite odd couple. In terms of story line I probably enjoy the Jon/Sansa plot the most. It has some nice pacing and it's clearly building towards a episode 9 Ramsey death, which I am looking forward too.

Dany's plot is slow as always, the dragons aren't very interesting if she's just doing the same shit over and over. Fire and blood, I take what is mine, yeah yeah just go burn those Yunkish armies now.

Euron kinda fell flat for me, he just seemed like a generic douche at the kingsmoot. Which kinda sucked after his more crazy, mysterious intro. Hope it's just an act. I do like Yara and want to see her come out on top. The ironborn plot really just seems to be a spoke in the Dany the Conquerer plot with those rather convenient '1000 ships'..

I like the Brann stuff, those flashbacks are great, very usefull mechanism to move the plot forwards. Dunno where they are going with it, but I've enjoyed all of those scenes.

Jaime vs the Blackfish was great, but not really a storyline. I doubt they will fight, more a sneak out and kill some freys on the way when Brienne comes to get them. Though a Brienne/ Jaime fight scene would be great.

The Arya stuff is pretty neat. I really wonder what the deal is with the waif, is Arya a test for the waif (which she failed obviously), is Arya really hurt or putting on a play, will she stick her blade in the troat of another certain seedy scumbag who like little girls when she returns to westeros to cross a few names of her list?

Tommen is a tool as always, but I was pleasantly surprised by Margaerys mastery of the game. Really looking forward to the high sparrow getting his own tactics used against him. Cercei will kill a bunch of people and then we'll no doubt see the most hyped GoT event we could have posibly gotten. It's real and it's coming. You better start caring about Sandor.

The Sam and Gilly stuff seemed really pointless this season up untill the dinner scene. Just a bunch of filler that served no purpose. Could have filled that time with more interesting scenes. Also the dorne plot is ruined and I'd prefer to just block it out.
    Last edited by Cradyz; 2016-06-06 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Jaime, but it will inevitably link into Sandor's and Brienne's plotlines before going back to King's Landing, so I don't think he's warranted a separate plotline option in the poll. I want to see how his character develops further.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2016-06-06 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    2 more seasons I believe with the last 2 being 7 episodes each. I'm almost certain the show will be done before the next book and even then I don't think GRRM will bother finishing it.
    Sad to say, you're probably right... God I hate that flaccid-di**-loving man-child... Either he's run out of bullshit to fill the book with, he enjoys staying "relevant" while everyone's on his case to finish it already, or he's just taking the piss... maybe all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I've read theories there's much more WW in their "city" far in the North that we haven't seen yet. Right now we're just seeing the NK and his lieutenants mobilizing the troops, so to speak.
    Alright that's a little better if true, hopefully will get a chance to see that and whatever they've been working on in the very extreme far north.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

I'm only halfway trough season 5, so I haven't read anything in this thread to avoid spoilers. I've always liked the Lannister stuff the most, while the Daenarys storyline is the least interesting.

Deleted
    John Snow's New Beginning to retake Winterfell
    Ironborn Resurrgence
    Brann and the flashbacks

Are storylines i enjoy the most atm.

But after todays episode i am starting to look forward to:
    Jamie Vs. Blackfish
    and ofc cleganebowl (battle of the Giants oyeah!)

Jamie v. Blackfish, mainly because I know Brienne is on her way there and she quickly became my favorite character. Jamie v. Brienne part 2!

Not to mention The Hound on the loose again and the great interaction between Tormund and Brienne. Brienne should have her own option.
    Last edited by Milch; 2016-06-06 at 08:52 PM.

I love both Vary's and Littlefinger's stories, what a pity they got so few screentime in the last two seasons. Especially Littlefinger, my favourite character. Now that I said that I assume he will die soon.

Least I enjoy the Sam/Gillie story. There are wars, undead rising, ursupers in Kings Landing. I really don't care about them, their family or baby, although obviously the sword will play some role in the end.

Arya storyline seems so meh, since they revealed the assassins guild as evil (doh, I mean really money-greedy evil) I don't like it anymore. Well, perhaps there is a twist and it was a ruse after all, but after the incidents yesterday that seems much more unlikely.

Jon/Sansa storyline is quite OK this season, although the start was fairly predictable. Let's see how they fare in the war, but it's rather unlikely they will lose. Probably Littlefinger with his Knights of the Vale will play a major role.

Daenerys is back to conquering, Tyrion does politics. Entertaing, but not so special.

And the whole King's Landing faith story seems a little far fetched. They should have overrun those fanatacs when they had a chance. The current twist is nice, but all seems so artificially built up.