Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why would you wait 15-20mins when the maximum amount of time you need to wait is 5?
    Because your 5min number is supposedly 30 seconds, or 5 seconds with the jumper yet it never worked for me on any motherboard.

Even the "CMOS" reset button thats supposedly 15 seconds on my motherboard requires over 1min for it to work.\

Its more of a safety/check thing, 15 mins is a long time, therefor if the motherboard doesnt work even after CMOS reset after such a long time its probably another issue.

ASRock B85M Pro4

I think I'll get a new motherboard instead. I'm considering this one, mainly because it's not so friggen expensive.. This one was 130 euro or so but it's not for sale anymore.

Is this a good quality motherboard? Looking at the future, will a GTX 1070 fit on this?
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Yes. Not the first time I have build a PC and I have taken it apart about 8 times since I had this issue.

I have found the issue, actually about 5... Some of the CPU pins are bend in the right bottom corner.

Everyone says this, I know. But it honestly can't have been me who has done this... I treat my CPU and my CPU socket like they're bombs, I've taken the protection plastic cap off the motherboard and carefully placed my CPU and locked it. Never took it out after that.

I guess the blame is on me though because I did not check the pins at all before putting the cpu in. I've never experienced or heard of damaged pins on a motherboard right out of the box. For some reason I feel that someone else had my motherboard and it was returned to the store or so.

I contacted Gigabyte and they said my warranty is void, they can replace the CPU socket for 45 euro but I am not sure if this is a good idea? They said "We can't guarantee repair good after changing the socket. We will only charge you if repair good." (yes this is gigabyte support... Some chinese haha).

I suppose I can try it, but I personally have never heard of this and am kind of afraid for more trouble in the long run...
    Cpu pins, or socket pins? And if you over tighten your cooler it could damage the pins.

ASRock B85M Pro4

I think I'll get a new motherboard instead. I'm considering this one, mainly because it's not so friggen expensive.. This one was 130 euro or so but it's not for sale anymore.

Is this a good quality motherboard? Looking at the future, will a GTX 1070 fit on this?
    On a B85 your RAM will underclock. They usually only go up to 1600.

Just get the cheapest Z97 you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    On a B85 your RAM will underclock. They usually only go up to 1600.

Just get the cheapest Z97 you can find.
    Oh snap..

Gigabyte GA-Z97M-DS3H

How about this one? Will a gtx 1070 fit on this if I decide to get one in the future?
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

A GPU cant "Not fit" on a motherboard.

It doesnt fit in cases cause of length.. not motherboards.

PCI-E is the same on a 50$ motherboard or a 400$ motherboard, same socket.

And as i thought, you cant put a M motherboard on a mini-ITX case.

Your case seems to take up to 13' graphic cards so yes, a 1070 will fit.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-06-02 at 12:43 PM.

Some graphic cards are 2 pci slots wide, I'm fairly sure this could interfere with some stuff on a motherboard right? Especially the smaller ones.

Some graphic cards are 2 pci slots wide, I'm fairly sure this could interfere with some stuff on a motherboard right? Especially the smaller ones.
    Nope... all mobos should support any card... only your case would stop it from not fitting. Unless we are talking server hardware

only if you were planning on using the second slot for something.

Oh I thought this could be an issue, good to know it wont be.

PC is running again, got a new motherboard and a new case. This time, I did check all the pins before installing.

Oh I thought this could be an issue, good to know it wont be.

PC is running again, got a new motherboard and a new case. This time, I did check all the pins before installing.
    Are you issues solved? Everything running as expected?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Are you issues solved? Everything running as expected?
    So far so good. PC seems to be running stable again!