Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    #idrathervoteTRUMPthanhillary
    This is the most infuriatingly oligophrenic hashtag I have ever seen xD I am positively sure you meant it in a sarcastic and "totally not gonna do it, but the moment called for it" way but daaaang. Kudos for that. I am sure to remember and repost that hashtag somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Can someone explain how either her or trump can destroy our country? We've gotten through shitty presidents in the past like Nixon and Bush. What are these people gonna do? Make us slaves? Burn down houses? Fire everyone working a low wage job? It sucks but can it really destroy my life?
    Hillary? Nothing... She is business as usual... Anyone who says otherwise is literally 100% full of fucking shit.

Trump? He has already promised to destroy our trade relationships with several nations. He has promised to undermine our national credit. He has promised liberal use of the military to commit war crimes. He has promised to tell our allies to go fuck themselves and build up their own military or to pay us protection money. He will obviously appoint several conservative justices to the Supreme Court, fucking it for the next several decades. He promised to cut taxes on everyone, especially the rich, the conservative Tax Foundation said if his plan were implemented it would mean upwards of $11 trillion in lost federal revenue over the next ten years. He has simultaneously promised to not cut any spending... So our deficit spending would balloon and the debt would explode. Not that it matters, going back to the "undermine national credit," he claims we will just not pay that debt back because we're America and we don't have to.

Granted most of that short of the Supreme Court nominations will never come to pass, the president doesn't unilaterally create law... But the fact that those are the things he wants show the measure of his presidency.

That is just right off the top of my head, there is probably a lot more.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-06-07 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Can someone explain how either her or trump can destroy our country? We've gotten through shitty presidents in the past like Nixon and Bush. What are these people gonna do? Make us slaves? Burn down houses? Fire everyone working a low wage job? It sucks but can it really destroy my life?
    The last big moron just started a war despite there being evidence to support it not making any sense. There is the issue of appointing a new supreme court judge as far as I understand it. You finally made strides to actually start caring about your population a tiny bit, the next president could easily reverse that. We live in a connected world and some morons can sour relationships for quite a while. Unless one of them accidentally presses the nuke button the US probably won't be ruined completely, but regressing back a couple of years is definitely within scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I'm not sure where their math has said she's reached it, but according to them she has.
    She's only reached it thanks to super delegates which aren't committed until the convention.

Be really funny to see Sanders sweep the remaining states that still have to vote and then them clamor to come up for a reason as to why he has more pledged delegates but isn't the winner.

This is nothing but a ploy to keep Sander's supporters from turning out and voting tomorrow. His supporters might see this and go, "Oh, it's really over, guess I'll stay home."

Until one candidate wins with pledged delegates, it isn't over, and neither has.

Now I'm not saying Bernie is going to win, because he's such a long shot at this point that I don't think he can do it, but to call it over before one person has reached the goal is just bad news reporting.

Frankly, I wish he'd run as an Independent and screw Hillary and the Democrats over. From the beginning, they've run a crooked campaign and it's time for those jokers to be outed. Even when the other Republicans were out of the race, Trump was only getting about 60% of the votes. Shows pretty clearly that there is a fairly big middle ground he could potentially pull from, taking votes and potentially a few states, away from both parties.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    https://twitter.com/AP/status/739975278483656705

The associated press has called the race for Hillary Clinton, she has reached the magic number of 2,383 delegates, making her the first woman to be the nominee of a major political party.

Most media outlets won't call it til tomorrow I believe, I'm not sure where their math has said she's reached it, but according to them she has.

The race is over, Hillary Clinton has defeated Senator Bernie Sanders for the democratic Nomination.

The stage is set for the general election, Hillary Clinton vs. Donald Trump.
    Eh, I'll let the voters give their voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Like she wouldn't beat Sanders or how she is going to get indicted.
    I got admit, I was really hoping to see her in a permanent orange jump suit. I am really disappointed that she not going to get indicted. I was so looking to see her spend the last remaining days on this earth in a federal prison. The women is a snake, that's head should of been severed long ago.

There is always hope of my remaining wish to come true by years end, Martial Law imposed through the land and for every major city to be in utter chaos. This all can still happen, the Bern and the Donald will not let me down. Few more Mexican flags, maybe some blood and guts action. They moved up in the last week to eggs and such, should not take much more for the guns and knives to come out. The hate is ripe for the taken and master is nearly ready to unleash the full power of his might. The masses are ready to answer their masters call.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2016-06-07 at 04:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sanders is the nominee we need, Clinton is the one we deserve.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The temper tantrums happening in this thread have me rethinking whether or not I really want to vote for Sanders. Might just vote for Clinton at this point.
    I see more temper tantrums from Clinton supporters tbh. They want to have their cake and eat it to. They want the Bernie supporters without actually nominating Bernie. They can't miss something they never had; many Bernie supporters were never going to vote for Hillary anyway and using scare tactics and insults to try and force it is just childish.

The thing most important to me this election cycle is anyone but Trump getting the presidency. I would prefer if it was Bernie. But the whole Bernie or Bust theme has really rubbed me the wrong way. I'd rather they not protest vote in an election where 1 (maybe 2) supreme court nomination(s) are in the balance.

Don't 'no true scotsman' me.
    My vote is mine and what you rather I do with it doesn't factor into my decision at all. Just like I don't expect you to vote against your beliefs just because I prefer Bernie. It's your vote. Do with it what you may. Also, your assertion is basically "no true liberal would go Bernie or bust when Trump could get elected and 2 Supreme Court seats are up for grabs" which makes your last point a little silly.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    That's the smart way to do it. He can either take his ball home and hand the presidency to Trump, at which point the country takes two giant steps backward from his point of view. Or he can use the power he holds to wring concessions from Hillary and get some of what he wants enacted, so not so much two steps forward but maybe half or three quarters of one.
    If Trump wins it's really the Dems fault for trying to force a weak candidate that alienates the base and independents; not Bernie's. Bernie is incapable of delivering the votes of his supporters even if he wanted to, which the Hillary camp doesn't seem to understand. He's just the face of the progressive movement right now not the leader of it. Even he can't convince very many progressives to vote for Hillary.

Also, I think you misunderstand Bernie's goals. He's said many times that his number one priority, other than stopping Trump, is lead a revolution by campaigning hard for liberal Congressmembers. Wringing concessions from a known liar seems considerably weaker than building a base of legislators that can ensure real concessions

The 'two sides of the same coin' argument is lazy, pompous, and totally mysterious to anyone that's been paying attention to the parties over the years.

'Two sides of the same coin' doesn't explain why the parties have huge divides on abortion, LGBT rights, energy policy, minimum wage, etc. It's like the observation that both sides have a lot of corporate hacks somehow negates the plethora of differences they have.

Oh, and Hillary being the worst person alive is an opinion. Trump is, imo, far worse.
    If you're trying to make the argument about them not being to sides of the same coin, you've picked the wrong thread to argue it on.

This thread is about Hillary who has flirted with pro-life positions a number of times in just the past few months, was against gay rights until ~3 years ago, is pro-fracking, and was against the $15 minimum wage but then showed up with Jerry Brown to celebrate it passing in California. And she's not even alone; the party isn't of one homogeneous belief set.

Either the huge divide between the two major parties doesn't exist or Hillary is on the other side of it. Take your pick.
    Last edited by Akani; 2016-06-07 at 04:01 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    So the U.S. will finally get its "Putin" in Donlad Trump.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    What's even worse is that She's not the fucking nominee until the SUPER delegates actually vote on July 25th, people need to read up on their politics. I'm a fucking GOP and I'm more understanding than most of these democrats.. I guess it's because I'm voting BERN? FFS
    Super delegates will NOT go against the majority of those who voted in the primaries. Even then it is almost certain to be Hillary. She is simply that far ahead already. Sanders pretty much has to win every remaining primary with between 60-70% of the votes. That simply put isn't going to happen. Even in open primaries Hillary is winning most of the time.

For Sanders supporters staying home or voting Trump there is a problem. You're essentially fucking up any chance of any policies you want going through. You can hate Hillary all you want but she'll get Sanders support because her policies are a million times closer to Sanders than Trump is. A Sanders supporter voting for Trump is a Turkey voting for Thanksgiving AND Christmas. A vote for Hillary is a vote for the mostly continuation of the Obama mode in the white house.

If you want a Sanders type president don't cut off your nose to spite your face by letting Trump in. Take charge of the situation and start at local levels. Take a damn interest in local and state level politics. Make sure they breed the representatives you want so that your voice has to be heard from the ground up. Keep Bernie in the senate, he'd be much more useful for your cause than if Hillary puts him in her cabinate. But for the love of sanity don't have Trump put in and then have him place some whacko in the supreme caught just because you're being spiteful. Putting Trump in power is not going to burn down the system, the only way that happens is at the grass roots. Not some desire to destroy from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah... The political establishment has no sway over the establishment media. Stick with that story.
    Are you trying to say that Clinton now controls the AP? Wow. Ok.

You do know that this actually benefits Bernie more than Clinton. His supporters are more passionate and are almost certain to vote tomorrow but Clinton's could well stay home thinking that it's all over now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    I see more temper tantrums from Clinton supporters tbh. They want to have their cake and eat it to. They want the Bernie supporters without actually nominating Bernie. They can't miss something they never had; many Bernie supporters were never going to vote for Hillary anyway and using scare tactics and insults to try and force it is just childish.
    Wouldn't Bernie supporters have wanted Clinton supporters to vote for Bernie in a general if he had won?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Hillary? Nothing... She is business as usual... Anyone who says otherwise is literally 100% full of fucking shit.
    Business as usual is fucking horrible for this country. In a time where rights are rapidly degrading, where the class gaps continue to get wider, where our country is fairly despised among the rest of the world, and where we are rapidly falling behind other developed nations business as usual could mean we continue to sink, perhaps to a point that would take decades to recover from.

It all depends on bernie, if he continues acting like a petulent child, she will have a hard time rallying the rest of the Democrats behind her.

I believe the only argument Sanders can make without treading dangerously close to hypocrisy is to point out that many (potentially millions) of Independent voters (which vote for Bernie/Hillary something like 90%/10%) were denied participation in the primaries. This speaks to 1) a broken primary system, 2) why Hillary technically has more votes than Bernie and 3) why Bernie beats Trump more than Hillary beats Trump in national polls.

now if only they realized super delegates don't vote till july 25th and can very easily change their minds

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devinedragoon View Post
    now if only they realized super delegates don't vote till july 25th and can very easily change their minds
    What situation would make them do that?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    I believe the only argument Sanders can make without treading dangerously close to hypocrisy is to point out that many (potentially millions) of Independent voters (which vote for Bernie/Hillary something like 90%/10%) were denied participation in the primaries. This speaks to 1) a broken primary system, 2) why Hillary technically has more votes than Bernie and 3) why Bernie beats Trump more than Hillary beats Trump in national polls.
    It also speaks to the great lie of Hillary being Electable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    1) Primaries are private events. If you're that desperate to vote for Bernie in a Democrat Primary just join the party, doesn't cost you a thing. The Primaries are for the Democrats to decide who they want to run for president. Not for the Republicans to decide or independents. 2) In open Primaries, more often than not Hillary beat Bernie. 3) National polls be damned right now. The Republican run is over while the Democrat one is still running. That in itself means of course the republicans who were wavering are right now going to push up the Trump numbers.

Once the DNC happens whoever wins will have their numbers boosted too. It happens all the time and as for Bernie or Bust. There were Hillary supporters that Screamed PUMA (Party Unity My Ass) when Obama was nominated and then rushed to vote for Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Business as usual is fucking horrible for this country. In a time where rights are rapidly degrading, where the class gaps continue to get wider, where our country is fairly despised among the rest of the world, and where we are rapidly falling behind other developed nations business as usual could mean we continue to sink, perhaps to a point that would take decades to recover from.
    The problem with business as usual isn't in the Whitehouse though. It's in the Capitol. Congress (Both houses), is where the issue lies and where the solutions are. Neither Trump, Hillary or Bernie are going to have an easy time there. Trump might have the easiest since the Republicans would begrudgingly follow him. Hillary would have a slightly less obstructionist than Obama had. While Bernie I can see the Republicans continue their party of no stance maybe turning to Party of No fucking way ever.

You want change, you want things better. Don't look at the Presidential election. Go to Congress, go to state level congress and governors. Go to town/city/county level. Take an interest daily, not once every 4 years.
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2016-06-07 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    3) National polls be damned right now.
    I love this. Last month, I kept hearing, "It's May! It's a weird month, so you can't listen to polls! Unless they're projecting a win for Hillary..."

So what's the excuse now that it's June?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD