Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I would truly appreciate a 50 Quest Log!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Wouldn't it just be easier to raise the cap? What would be the issue there?
    well. the filled log is basically on you for accepting quests that you then chose not to complete.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    well. the filled log is basically on you for accepting quests that you then chose not to complete.
    I mean, thats fine and all, but that doesn't really fix the issue. How would this negatively effect anyone? It'd likely also be easily implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I mean, thats fine and all, but that doesn't really fix the issue. How would this negatively effect anyone? It'd likely also be easily implemented.
    the same people with full 25 quest logs will be the same people with full 50 quest logs. Whereas if a one click or optional means of removing more than one quest at a time without the current method of click it, confirm it, would make it more convenient to make room and get rid of the quests that you out leveled and will never go back to complete.

I say we flip things and go back to only have 10 quests at a time! It is pretty hard to get stuck on 25 quests and not have something you really don't need to track or keep around.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    In legion you can jump around the zones if you want to. Thats four zones you can be working on at the same time. Playing with different friends who started different zones first etc. You will also likely have one or two order hall or artifact quests. It can add up. Sure you could just abandon them but then you'd have to go back to the quest giver and re-do whatever progress you had.

It won't always be an issue and you can do a lot with 25 quests but there is also no reason why it can't be higher. There is no game play value for keeping it at 25 or hardware reason. The only problem would be quest "overload" that some people might feel if they can have so many in their log. But should the game really be designed around that when it is such a minor issue?

Blizzard already limits how many of certain things you can per day to combat overload. (The reason why the daily quest limit was created.)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    In legion you can jump around the zones if you want to. Thats four zones you can be working on at the same time. Playing with different friends who started different zones first etc. You will also likely have one or two order hall or artifact quests. It can add up. Sure you could just abandon them but then you'd have to go back to the quest giver and re-do whatever progress you had.

It won't always be an issue and you can do a lot with 25 quests but there is also no reason why it can't be higher. There is no game play value for keeping it at 25 or hardware reason. The only problem would be quest "overload" that some people might feel if they can have so many in their log. But should the game really be designed around that when it is such a minor issue?

Blizzard already limits how many of certain things you can per day to combat overload. (The reason why the daily quest limit was created.)
    the quest zones level. there is no need to jump around. so basically you are arguing for the quest log capacity to be raised simply for people who cannot make up their mind?

the same people with full 25 quest logs will be the same people with full 50 quest logs. Whereas if a one click or optional means of removing more than one quest at a time without the current method of click it, confirm it, would make it more convenient to make room and get rid of the quests that you out leveled and will never go back to complete.
    What if I plan to complete them at some point? Again, increasing the quest log cap would be easy and cause no issues. You're deflecting the question.

- - - Updated - - -

the quest zones level. there is no need to jump around. so basically you are arguing for the quest log capacity to be raised simply for people who cannot make up their mind?
    "No need" ... according to whom?

I don't think there is a need for collecting mounts. We should have a cap of 5. There is no need for more.

15+ Year Old Account
    If friend A starts in Azsuna, you start in Stormheim, and friend B starts in Highmountain. You play by yourself a few quests. Friend A logs in so you go to Azsuna with him and quest for a few a little bit. Friend A logs off and you return to Stormheim and do a little more on your own. Friend B then logs on and he asks if you want to do some questing in Highmountain. So off you to Highmountain with him.

You don't have to jump around, but you can. That is the whole point of zone scaling. It allows you to go to any zone at anytime you want and follow the quest lines of that zone. You can jump around if you want to. You can play with friends that are lower level, or higher level. You aren't required to follow a linear path. Because it isn't a linear path you could potentially have more quests in your log then if you had to go to each zone in a certain order before moving on (or out leveling them).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can still do that though because old quests still grant experience. As for the boost before doing the new content you still are limited by efficiency. The only reason stockpiling quests is ever a problem is for new expansions and how much of a head start you can get on others by turning in dailies for experience. Not really an issue for Legion with zone scaling and you won't have to many bottlenecks since everyone isn't funneled into a starting zone.

- - - Updated - - -

It all counts towards your cap. You can just can't pick up new quests until you go below the cap. Account wide quests are forced in to the log even if you were already at cap. It won't be a problem for most people but it tends to creep up if you play an alt and don't want to do those account wide quests on that alt. I ran into it a lot on my druid where I didn't want to drop some of the quests in Nagrand while trying to do the Inn and Stable quests from my garrison. I'd hit the cap if I didn't do those every day and wanted to do other stuff instead.

It could be an issue in Legion with zone scaling as you can hope from one zone to the next to play with friends or just because you want to. There are also the artifact quests and stuff you could have in for a while. I've haven't hit the cap on beta but I've also been doing only one zone at a time. But you don't have to play that way.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can turn all of the quests in and not go over ten minutes then you will only have gained a trivial amount by jumping right into legion. Not to mention that the introduction to Legion and your Artifact takes time and doesn't jump you right into questing in the traditional sense. This comes up every expansion launch with people thinking they are intelligent by insulting others. But it is still a boost, even if slight, to turn in quests prior to jumping into the next expansion. Garrisons actually make it super easy since the garrison has turn ins all in one spot and its own dedicate hearthstone. Turn in tanaan, hearth to garrison, turn in those, hearth to SW and start Legion.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=38187/m...attrath-harbor grants 22610 xp.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/quests/14-...rmheim#0-6+2+1 most give 14800.

But hey keep talking about peon minds.

- - - Updated - - -

331,600 xp is a decent head start. Also you don't account for garrison resources being useless come Legion because Blizzard is removing gold gains from Garrisons in Legion. Not to mention if you don't have anything else to do you can start stockpiling the daily apexis quests with out the use of missives. Making your equation even more favorable as you know dropped garrison resources.
    Thanks for joining the peon training station. I'll advise you to read the previous posts before spurting your lack of knowledge on this forum. It seems, as your buddy here as well that you totally ignore that: ANY CONTENT OF A PREVIOUS EXPANSION DELIVERS 10% of the normally rewarded experience points, once the new expansion has launched. It has been happening since MoP. But peons ignore vital stuff. Go ahead and spend 2h of your life for 33.160 xp (plus something else for your rest of 9 quests) for your legion boost xp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Oh no. not a big whopping 6k gold. I make that by logging in once a day. Oh man. Whatever will i do without that small little amount compared to my 10 gold caps

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. It's the definition of talking to a wall
    Exactly. Walls don't listen, don't check facts, don't count numbers. Only accept writings others put on them, like "X is more than zero".

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad thing is that the only reason quest log is capped is because we procrastinate the clean up for way too long.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    WoW is not supposed to be easy. You should be allowed to hold 5 quests max like in the Vanilla. Say NO to casuals.
    It's so easy spotting the ones pretending to have played since vanilla by the crap they post. I'm guessing you googled the tracking limit and mistook it for the questlog limit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Thanks for joining the peon training station. I'll advise you to read the previous posts before spurting your lack of knowledge on this forum. It seems, as your buddy here as well that you totally ignore that: ANY CONTENT OF A PREVIOUS EXPANSION DELIVERS 10% of the normally rewarded experience points, once the new expansion has launched. It has been happening since MoP. But peons ignore vital stuff. Go ahead and spend 2h of your life for 33.160 xp (plus something else for your rest of 9 quests) for your legion boost xp.
    The experience from WoD quests isn't reduced yet on the beta. Even if it is reduced 33,160 is still over 2 quests worth of experience. It isn't much but you'll get that turned in in a couple of seconds. Then can be on your way to start legion a little bit ahead of everyone else. You seem to be entirely focused on insulting people and ignoring the vital information. If someone is playing the game and enjoying it then they are not wasting 2 hours of their life. Two hours now is much less valuable then two hours at launch.

The way you ignore everything and insult everyone shows who the true "peon" is in this discussion. Blizzard also didn't reduce daily XP at the launch of WoD. Most people just don't see a need for it anymore since their are no realm first achievements and raiding is delayed. You still get a boost for being max level quicker through having a head start on rep grinds, max level mats, and rare spawns etc.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Experience_...leveling_zones
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...nd_in_for_wod/

Speed leveling guides for WoD launch even recommended having 22 dailies (so you could get your garrison hearthstone and then go turn in and hearth back to garrison). If it was negligible they wouldn't have left that in their guides. But every little bit helps. And if we are walls who don't check facts then where exactly are your facts to prove Legion will function that way? Are you in beta?

If friend A starts in Azsuna, you start in Stormheim, and friend B starts in Highmountain. You play by yourself a few quests. Friend A logs in so you go to Azsuna with him and quest for a few a little bit. Friend A logs off and you return to Stormheim and do a little more on your own. Friend B then logs on and he asks if you want to do some questing in Highmountain. So off you to Highmountain with him.

You don't have to jump around, but you can. That is the whole point of zone scaling. It allows you to go to any zone at anytime you want and follow the quest lines of that zone. You can jump around if you want to. You can play with friends that are lower level, or higher level. You aren't required to follow a linear path. Because it isn't a linear path you could potentially have more quests in your log then if you had to go to each zone in a certain order before moving on (or out leveling them).
    leveled to 110 three times now and only had to delete a very small number of quests. yes it would be nice to have 25 more quests to clutter my quest log before I need to delete some, but if I am the type of person that 25 is not enough 50 won't be all that much better.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    XP reduction not being in Beta means nothing. It will come before Beta, as has happened everytime, because Blizzard wants people to level in the new zones and not gain any advantage of their current ilvl in the old zones.

See http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...76893?page=1#1 for their philosophy on the subject.

Also, daily XP was reduced at start of WoD, with some quests in Timeless Isle (meat turn-ins, if my memory serves me correctly) being "forgotten" and hotfixed a little later, since they were abused. Your reddit link shows what was suggested, not what actually happened. Unless Blizzard falls back on schedule for Legion ignoring their standard (since middle of Cataclysm, not MoP, my mistake there) treatment of previous expansion content, or change their philosophy (with no signs of doing that yet) your advice is worthless.

Time spent is time spent. It doesn't matter when you spend it. Time spent for miniscule rewards is not my kind of game. Feel free to waste your time.

But, hey, i dare you to follow your own advice in 3 months and come necro this with some screenshots of actual xp gained, since you clearly want to bother with filling your quest log with 25 quests to deliver @Legion Launch. An apology will be waiting if you are proven right. Just don't forget to quote this or mention me (@Fabinas), so that i can see your answer. I ain't gonna bother anymore with your speculation of how things are going to be (cause beta=hard facts and not a volatile, prone to change environment, right). I'm gonna go with what has actually happened since 2 expansion launches. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teir111 View Post
    I have not hit the limit in a long time. Twenty-five seems reasonable at the moment but that could always change.
    I agree !!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    See http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...76893?page=1#1 for their philosophy on the subject.
    That is only about XP you get from killing creatures. It mentions nothing about XP from quests. However in the same thread you do have this:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6893?page=2#38
    Just to follow up. This will not affect quest experience gains.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Walls don't listen, don't check facts, don't count numbers. Only accept writings others put on them, like "X is more than zero".
    but x is more than 0. and thats all the relevant info needed. anything else is just extra BS piled on top.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore