Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    So if a 14 year old girl has a crush on her 40 year old male teacher then the teacher is the one preyed upon? Because clearly she wanted it... /facepalm
    Are you familiar with alpha, beta terms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    If you percieve discussion to be based on your informal opinion and views on things, rather than hard facts and Logic.. Well, then i think you're not in a state to say that someone is "nonsensical".
    You really don't understand, do you?
    The law is clear. The facts are clear.
    Rules of our society: Sex with minors = bad -> no exceptions.

Topic done.

All we actually can discuss are our personal opinions and hypothetical what if's.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH
    So if a 14 year old girl has a crush on her 40 year old male teacher then the teacher is the one preyed upon? Because clearly she wanted it...
    The question you need to ask is: can a 14yr old girl truly "want" someone while weighing all possible consequences or are these feelings of infatuation and desire beyond her own comprehension and cloud the little logical thinking that 14yr olds have?

If she can -> no harm done (no matter what you or I might think about the age difference)
    If she cannot -> old man would take advantage of a person in a state of diminished mental capacity (same boat as taking advantage of an intoxicated person) despite the fact that she initiated the action.

Now the truly interestion debate would revolve around: are there 14yr old youngsters that have the capacity and if so, how does one recognize it?

Naturally, our law and society prefers to err on the side of caution and declares all minors unfit for these kind of decisions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Now the truly interestion debate would revolve around: are there 14yr old youngsters that have the capacity and if so, how does one recognize it?

Naturally, our law and society prefers to err on the side of caution and declares all minors unfit for these kind of decisions.
    And how do you prove she couldn´t weigh in all possible consequences?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    And how do you prove she couldn´t weigh in all possible consequences?
    His "Naturally, our law and society prefers to err on the side of caution and declares all minors unfit for these kind of decisions." should suffice.

In order words, you do not have to prove anything if the victim is under age and the guilty one is a adult in a sex abuse case. Except the guilt of the one who is guilty of a crime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    His "Naturally, our law and society prefers to err on the side of caution and declares all minors unfit for these kind of decisions." should suffice.

In order words, you do not have to prove anything if the victim is under age and the guilty one is a adult in a sex abuse case. Except the guilt of the one who is guilty of a crime.
    Yeah, that´s current law, not the hypothetical what if 14 year olds are able to weigh in all possible consequences some people are talking about here.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Don't see a problem here. If anything, the kid has a good mentor and will be better prepared for challenges in life.
    of course you don't because you support this sort of sick crap.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that´s current law, not the hypothetical what if 14 year olds are able to weigh in all possible consequences some people are talking about here.
    True. They are being silly. This is a pretty clear cut case of a adult having sex with a minor, thus it is unlawful and they should get punished for it.

Nice

I'm on team "good for you kid". And he damn well can consent, I remember when I was 13. Damn I wanted to go balls deep after I discovered the joy of orgasms.

Hope the teacher won't be punished too harshly, 24 is awfully young to spend in jail just for giving in to lust. Heck my ex ex ex gf lost her virginity at age 13. Doesn't seem so out of this world. Some people just have game? Sike

10+ Year Old Account
    And how do you prove she could not weigh in all possible consequences?
    Depends on when you want to prove it. If her life spirals out of control due to unforeseen consequences (IE: suddenly pregnant, shunned by embarrassed parents, not being able to find work due to being underaged, forced to put it up for adoption/abort and suffering from the psychological consequences ect) it would be rather apparent.

Our laws are designed to prevent such calamities from happening in the first place, even if that effectively restricts our freedom.
    Remember: I do not disagree with our current laws. I'm merely thinking about what would be the consequences if said laws do not exist.

BTW: On the topic of "being able to oversee the consequences and thus being able to give informed consent": Apparently the 24yr old teacher was not able to do that either, or she would not have risked her career and her whole future over some infatuation.

Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    Nice

I'm on team "good for you kid". And he damn well can consent, I remember when I was 13. Damn I wanted to go balls deep after I discovered the joy of orgasms.

Hope the teacher won't be punished too harshly, 24 is awfully young to spend in jail just for giving in to lust. Heck my ex ex ex gf lost her virginity at age 13. Doesn't seem so out of this world. Some people just have game? Sike
    Way to justify pedophilia, he is not mature enough to handle the consequences of his actions, no only did she have an abortion but how do you know she didn't give him an STD, obviously she isn't picky with her partners and they were having unprotected sex.

I hope everyone who justifies this pedophiles action gets on the FBI watch list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Way to justify pedophilia, he is not mature enough to handle the consequences of his actions, no only did she have an abortion but how do you know she didn't give him an STD, obviously she isn't picky with her partners and they were having unprotected sex.

I hope everyone who justifies this pedophiles action gets on the FBI watch list.
    The law against pedophilia is esp. for those who think like he does.

growing up my teachers were ugly as sin lol
    mr pickles

Deleted
    I usually say: live and let live. And I usually find the statutory rape and age of consent issues a little more than hollow, as they, after all, simply say that under a certain age people are not people at all, while I would likely prefer the law to take a case by case approach.

Except that this case has made me rethink the whole issue. And not because I think this woman is a pedophile that should be castrated, but because I really think she has done something bad.

Around 50% of the commenters have posted something along the lines of "where were the hot teachers when I was 13" and I thought the same thing. And that's why it's bad.
    Let's face it, no one of us would have said no to a hot woman like that when we were 13. Which is exactly the point why I think this woman needs to be punished (as the law requires). The point of rape is that the victim cannot say no, and in this case the victim could not have said no, because he is a 13yo, with his body pumping him full of hormones telling him to fuck or masturbate. This is exactly like having sex with a partner so drunk that he/she cannot say no.

When we are kids, adults are irresistible in more ways than one. They are cooler, smarter, richer, (usually) taller and more attractive than people of our age. They can do everything we can't, like driving, drink alcohol (in some countries) and stay out at night without having to report to anyone. It's very difficult to resist someone like that.

That's why some law exists.

Does this mean that this woman would be treated like that guy in Italy who raped a 6yo and threw her out of the window (killing her)? No, absolutely, it would be absurd and stupid, the case needs to be understood and discussed in a court of law from people that know better than me the facts, the law and the psychological issues at hand. But that doesn't mean we should be giving each others high-fives for the bro that scored with that hot teacher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    growing up my teachers were ugly as sin lol
    We had a young female biology student-teacher that was cute.
    Our male Art teacher was pretty damn hot.... even to us guys. :X

The rest of them were way too old to be of interest.

Nice.

Good work kid. Even made Papa proud.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am also on team lucky kid. I wish this happened to me when I was 13.

It's ok. If the female is older than the male, no worries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    It's ok. If the female is older than the male, no worries.
    I have seen so many of these types of arguments on the internet that I just accept the double standard that if it was a male teacher he would be thrown in jail because I just don't care anymore.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-06-07 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    We had a young female biology student-teacher that was cute.
    Our male Art teacher was pretty damn hot.... even to us guys. :X

The rest of them were way too old to be of interest.
    you mean you... its not usual for men to think other men "hot". you might recognize they look good or "can get mad bitches" but if a man looks "hot" to you, then you probably bisexual. something you should look into, who knows you might enjoy it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    you mean you... its not usual for men to think other men "hot". you might recognize they look good or "can get mad bitches" but if a man looks "hot" to you, then you probably bisexual. something you should look into, who knows you might enjoy it.
    Hmm what if you are the unusual one and every usual men can think other men are "hot" without being bisexual?