Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Getting rid of Heirlooms?

I'm the only one who thinks that having almost the same gear from 1 to 90 level is kinda monotonic? Whenever something drops from a dungeon or I get an item from the drop/quest I immediately sell it(or save it for the future T-mog, but that happens like... 0,5% of the time?). The same thing happens when something nice drop, you may think that you could sell that item for a nice amount of gold, but unfortunately almost everyone is running now with Heirlooms.

You can ask me - But what with the faster leveling?

Simple solution:
    For every character you have at max level, you get +X% Experience bonus.
    (like ~15-30)

Or just:
    If you have at least one character at max level, you get +X% Experience bonus.
    (like ~70-100%)

What do you guys think about that?

Don't like them, don't use them. Simple.

Deleted
    I like dis. Heirlooms are boring concept I only use them for the xp bonus.

Don't expect many people to agree with us though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    /10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    quoted for truth

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'm the only one who thinks that having almost the same gear from 1 to 90 level is kinda monotonic? Whenever something drops from a dungeon or I get an item from the drop/quest I immediately sell it(or save it for the future T-mog, but that happens like... 0,5% of the time?). The same thing happens when something nice drop, you may think that you could sell that item for a nice amount of gold, but unfortunately almost everyone is running now with Heirlooms.

You can ask me - But what with the faster leveling?

Simple solution:
    For every character you have at max level, you get +X% Experience bonus.
    (like ~15-30)

Or just:
    If you have at least one character at max level, you get +X% Experience bonus.
    (like ~70-100%)

What do you guys think about that?
    Heirlooms are fine as they are they DO NOT NEED CHANGED players grinded keyword grinded out badges and stone keeper shards when they were thing in wrath to earn them then when it was justice points and honor we grinded those to earn our stuff and now we use gold to buy tokens to upgrade them so hell no leave them alone as they are.. thank you have a good day.....
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I think they would be better if they worked on a system like other games where you feed other gear into them or break down that gear and feed the parts into them so that there's progression surrounding them and other gear you get along the way still has purpose.

The current system is pretty awful though.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

This. I've spent both time and gold getting them so I can do what I like(endgame) over the horrid dungeon grind or questing.

New players still get to experience the original time it takes, as well as the joy of first reaching 100 being able to join engame. Nothing wrong with shorting down the time it takes.

I have 18 100s now, and more coming. I enjoy having characters on both factions, as well as playing on different realms(ofc not as necessarily as before, but it helps with meeting new people).

You can buy and farm 300% experience potions now, that should be more worrying if you want to spend days doing old content over and over again.

Great idea! It would make gear meaningful and fun while leveling, while also getting the xp boost if you have a max level character(s)

15+ Year Old Account
    Id like +15% exp pr max lvl char i got, combined with new kind of heirloom a shirt/tabard that gives +60% exp so i can use other items, getting upgrades is fun
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

If you don't like Heirlooms, don't wear them? Christ.

I plan on leveling a character when I reactivate my account. Haven't done that in ages. I'm gonna do it virgin style - without heirlooms, without sending anything to the character - no gold, no bags, nothing. Just to see how it actually feels like nowadays.

Terrible idea. For instance, I've got 8 100s, that would give me some good exp bonus, which is nice. But I'm too tired of thinking about gearing an alt character while leveling.
    Also, I created a new character to play with my girlfriend, I won't use any heirlooms because it will be better to level, if I just had the bonus exp from having a max lvl character, I wouldn't be able to experience leveling with her.

Except, it's not this simple. It's a multi-player game. If you don't use them, your dungeon mates still might ... and they will do WAY more damage than you and kill things super duper quick ... ruining what could have been a fun, immersive experience.

This "don't like it, don't do it" argument is flawed. For example, let's say there was open PvP on every server. If you didn't like being ganked, I would say something like, "If you don't like PvP then don't quest. Just level up in dungeons." Just because you can opt out of doing something yourself, doesn't mean that thing is good for the game. Or that that thing doesn't affect every player.

In a non-gaming example, let's look at steroids in baseball. If they were allowed, then you could very well say "Don't like them? Don't use them." BUT ... by not using steroids you are handicapping your own performance and your team's. Even the audience is affected. And then contracts and TV deals and advertising deals, etc etc etc.

It's 2016 and people still don't understand how systems work. Nothing is a vacuum. (except space and vacuum cleaners)

Just.Don't.Use.Them.

If I can leave them alone depending on what I feel like doing after having leveled 33 characters, so can you. If you have a problem with OTHERS using them, tough shit. Just don't do dungeons if you're butthurt over what others choose to do. Also, they revamped the Heirloom system and tabs with WoD. Get over it, they're here to stay.

Deleted
    don't touch my heirlooms. i farmed argent seals, justice points and honor for them. the biggest mistake they did was making them available for gold imo so they're accessible to new players. they shouldn't be imo, i've leveled some characters without them but now when i level alts i just wanna finish asap.
    if i ever wanna take it slow i have the option not to wear them. i really don't see a problem.

Deleted
    Forcing XP bonus on characters is a terrible idea. What if player doesn't want XP bonus? What if player wants to have full XP bonus, but doesn't have enough max level characters?

It should be player's choice and there shouldn't be any silly limitations.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    what if u were to get the xp bonuses for the heirloom slots u own but it just wasn't gear u had to put on so u were free to equip new gear. it would just be part of the heirloom ui, where u would choose which gear slots u want the exp bonuses but it would not be physical gear to equip

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Except, it's not this simple. It's a multi-player game. If you don't use them, your dungeon mates still might ... and they will do WAY more damage than you and kill things super duper quick ... ruining what could have been a fun, immersive experience.

This "don't like it, don't do it" argument is flawed. For example, let's say there was open PvP on every server. If you didn't like being ganked, I would say something like, "If you don't like PvP then don't quest. Just level up in dungeons." Just because you can opt out of doing something yourself, doesn't mean that thing is good for the game. Or that that thing doesn't affect every player.

In a non-gaming example, let's look at steroids in baseball. If they were allowed, then you could very well say "Don't like them? Don't use them." BUT ... by not using steroids you are handicapping your own performance and your team's. Even the audience is affected. And then contracts and TV deals and advertising deals, etc etc etc.

It's 2016 and people still don't understand how systems work. Nothing is a vacuum. (except space and vacuum cleaners)
    That's the biggest nonsense I read all day. If you're so worried about comparing dick length in low level dungeons, then you're beyond help anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post

Yet, you could make your own group with no one wearing heirlooms and still do your dungeon grind. So the point, "dont like it, dont do it" will ALWAYS be valid. Its like Realm Hoppers, dont like Realm Hoppers then turn auto-invite. Do not want AFKers on your BG teams, make a group. There is ALWAYS a counter in WoW.

Deleted
    yes, good idea, heirlooms are boring af
    just make the xp boost optional