Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Yes, it's genetics. Unless your line comes from a longer time in the country or mixing with people in the country, you can't really be said to be of that countries people and you would be resembling them too, due to the long time of mixing.
    Honey, how can you claim you are Finnish if you think DNA is the proper way of racial identification? Read my edited post and don't assume you are Finnish, you might be a Russian, who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Honey, how can you claim you are Finnish if you think DNA is the proper way of racial identification? Read my edited post and don't assume you are Finnish, you might be a Russian, who knows.
    I am not talking about racial identification. Thai people don't become japanese by being born in Japan, either. Swedes don't become german by being born in germany, germans don't become french by being born in france and so forth. This isn't some race thing.

I am not talking about racial identification. Thai people don't become japanese by being born in Japan, either. Swedes don't become german by being born in germany, germans don't become french by being born in france and so forth. This isn't some race thing.
    I disagree, but I get it. My question, for the third time, how can you be so sure you are Finnish? If you don't have the result of your DNA's analysis somehow, I just don't think you know what you are. Saying I am X with Swedish citizenship would be more accurate where X an unkown.

what a time to be alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I disagree, but I get it. My question, for the third time, how can you be so sure you are Finnish? If you don't have the result of your DNA's analysis somehow, I just don't think you know what you are. Saying I am X with Swedish citizenship would be more accurate where X an unkown.
    Because I have researched my ancestry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a citizen doesn't make you part of the people. I'm finnish but have swedish citizenship, I'm not swedish.
    I know that I have shown you before already that Turks live in Germany since the late 60s/early 70s, and with that are in more than one generation already part of the German society.

You sound like Trump with his "mexican" judge.
    Which isn't really surprising then, why so many people call you a racist here.
    You really play that card right into their hands.

I've seen/lived with Turks that were more German, more German patriotic than some Germans ever were.
    You are what you are, not just by blood, but also by allegiance.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You really play that card right into their hands.
    That's not racist in any manner to divide people by that measurement. I don't treat people differently based on it. Everyone receieves equal treatment.

How many generations does it need to become German/Finnish/Swedish?

But it is a race thing. you are discussing beloning to a certain group of people as something you are born with

Quote Originally Posted by Watain View Post
    So its offical, my german family from Berlin are coming to live with us in Croatia. They will probably stay with me, since my parents are leaving for a summer holiday. The reason? lol and behold, the immigrants have litteraly turned their lifes into hell. Their brand new VW got rekt and they have already been robed and assaulted couple of times. They say that they litteraly fear going through the streets at night. The police is of no use there, they say that they felt safer crossing the west/east Berlin border in the 80s (my uncle worked in the Berlin sewers, so he opereted in both west and east Germany).

So I ask all of you- is it worth it? Does my family have to be "refugees" from their own country, just b/c the state and the police refuse to take control?
    Croatia is pretty much a 3rd world country now, but they choose safety over welth due to Merkels policy...

inb4 ban
    Please tell your bigoted family full of racist bigots to make accounts here so endus may ban them with the fury of Allah the great

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    But it is a race thing. you are discussing beloning to a certain group of people as something you are born with
    It's not a race thing. I'm white, I'm finnish. Swedes are white, they're Swedish. I'm white but not swedish.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Sure. And as I said before I'm not implying that all of Europe is burning down. What is worrisome to me is that damn near none of it gets reported.

Hell over here the second a police officer sneezes on a kitten it gets reported. Lol.
    Why do you think none of it gets reported?
    Because there isn't much to report in the first place and news agencies cannot just make up some stories they know aren't true.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2016-06-07 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renyo View Post
    Until you're like them. If you're just sticking to your own group then never, because there's no mixing to become part of them.

Being born swedish or german? I don't become japanese just by moving to japan, either, nor would I be japanese by being born there.
    Then that would make them German.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renyo View Post
    None.
    Identification is all it needs.

Ancestry research isn't going to tell you much. The only proper way is DNA research and even that is not that clear because of different immigration waves occuring in different dates throughout history. This is, as far as I know, mostly done by anaylzing haplogroups in DNA and mDN analysis. There isn't a haplogroup specific to Finns, it's mostly the distribution of certain haplogroups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    None.
    Identification is all it needs.
    So, I can just say I'm japanese? I think not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until you're like them. If you're just sticking to your own group then never, because there's no mixing to become part of them.
    See, now you too remove the need for nationality by passport/birth.

It's not a race thing. I'm white, I'm finnish. Swedes are white, they're Swedish. I'm white but not swedish.
    That's just blind faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I can just say I'm japanese? I think not.
    Do you live in Japan, and adhere to their culture?
    Yes? Then yes.
    No? Then no.