Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Straight white men banned from equality conference

http://heatst.com/uk/straight-white-...ty-conference/

im sure im not the only one who sees the irony in this, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post

you are not the only one

15+ Year Old Account
    Bigots gonna bigot.

I actually do worry about the people that make these decisions though.

Like, if you're that ignorant and stupid to the literal meaning of the word "Equality", are you really capable, worthy and intelligent enough to be involved in conferences revolving around that subject?

Sue the school for racial, gender, and sexual orientation discrimination.

So what the real message is here is that straight white men shouldn't be interested in equality, good. Fuck equality.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Seems legit.

Deleted
    members must declare their “protected characteristic” when applying to attend.
    Should just hand out literal woman/gay/black cards.

One cannot deny the privileges that straight, white men have in today’s society.
    We live in a world where women effectively work for nothing from November 9 until December 31 because men in full-time work continue to earn 14 per cent more than their female counterparts.

I notice nobody at this conference realised white working-class boys (the very people they exclude) are totally underrepresented at university... the narrative that "woman is the new black" will never die, in spite of all evidence to the contrary.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-06-07 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post

Yeah the irony is people who make these threads about being oppressed as a straight, white male. Then in most threads here in MMO they generally give no credence to acknowledging the struggles of minorities.

Not really surprising. My dad used to work as a bus driver and they offered this "Workers of Colour" seminar. It was a free trip to Ottawa so my dad figured he may as well sign up. He said the seminar was the most racist thing he has ever seen and this is a guy that was beat up his first day in Canada because of a vaisakhi parade they had the day before (oddly my dad didn't even know they had the parade because its not really even acknowledged in India). The first thing they said to the group was "How many of you are sick and tired of these white assholes?"
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2016-06-07 at 08:52 PM.

Wow the hypocrisy... I shouldn't be surprised though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Should just hand out literal woman/gay/black cards.
    and trans, does latino work i wonder......how about ginger? I wonder if they consider ginger as a "protected characteristic"

Reminds me of the "Diversity Center" that was at a college that I was considering. It offered job placement assistance, free tutoring, and financial aid. It was available to women, minorities, and students over the age of 26. So everyone was welcome except white males aged 18-24. All for promoting diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yeah the irony is people who make these threads about being oppressed as a straight, white male. Then in most threads here in MMO they generally give no credence to acknowledging the struggles of minorities.
    Dang, I knew there would be one lol.

How are people supposed to have a conversation about EQUALITY if they are excluding certain demographics from the conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    is an equality conference not an oppressed conference, if they only wanted oppressed people to attend then call it an oppressed conference

Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post
    and trans, does latino work i wonder......how about ginger? I wonder if they consider ginger as a "protected characteristic"
    If you're indeed in AZ, Gingers should be a protected class. The very environment itself is out to get you.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Dang, I knew there would be one lol.

How are people supposed to have a conversation about EQUALITY if they are excluding certain demographics from the conversation.
    Yeah and I would agree. Shocking!!!!!!!!

You are one of the examples of my above statement.

It's just your hip, new-age 'Equality', cool with the kids.

Yeah and I would agree. Shocking!!!!!!!!

You are one of the examples of my above statement.
    Well, I believe struggles are more associated with socioeconomic status, and culture. That's just me though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minorities can be bigots too. That should be news to no one.