Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Gotta realise op said with PVP and PVE, cant use PVP talents/spells in PVE content.

so in pvp yes you will have a lot,

in pve its a lot less.
    As a side note - if you take a look at all the action bars, the pvp active talents are always greyed out and towards the end of the buttons, makes it easy to spot how many spells you will get from pvp tab. in general, the pvp talents for all specs have very few actives.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    As a side note - if you take a look at all the action bars, the pvp active talents are always greyed out and towards the end of the buttons, makes it easy to spot how many spells you will get from pvp tab. in general, the pvp talents for all specs have very few actives.
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Cant speak for every class, but druids get one, two if you count trinket, more spells.
    im sure some classes get 2 and MAYBE 3 more actives. It's not a lot
    and feral has always had the most out of all druid specs.

to be the best you will need to utilize them all. but to be effective you wont need to use them all, the best of the best will though.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    I have to say, the "prune" seems to have done an overall decent job.

It will allow them now to add in new abilities without completely bloating the action bars.

Then again, I'm one of those people that thinks we ended up with ability creep.

I think it's good, not only they moved away from homogenization and into more unique classes and specs, but they also made a lot more choices in terms of passive/active abilities, so you can have more spells if you wish and if you don't, then you don't. At least now classes have somewhat different things, not the same abilities with different names.

Then again my actions bars will still be full as I use all bars all the time. Spells/abilities/item abilities/macros/flasks, potions, mounts, portals, etc... there are a lot of things to put there, not only abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

15+ Year Old Account
    For Ret paladins: you separated the 3 Greater Blessings into different buttons, this is pointless as they aren't castable in combat anyway - it's like keybinding each of a mages portal/teleport separately.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

and feral has always had the most out of all druid specs.

to be the best you will need to utilize them all. but to be effective you wont need to use them all, the best of the best will though.
    Woops, should have been clearer - talking about balance druid here

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Jin's talking about the default action bar, which changes depending on your shapeshift form for Druids, Stance for Warriors or if you're in Stealth as a Rogue.

So for example, a Prot Warrior can put Def Stance in their Gladiator bar and Glad Stance in their Def bar, since they'll never need to press the Gladiator button when they're in Gladiator Stance.
    Aye, some spells or abilities might still remain but a lot will shift out, so while the work the original poster or whoever made the imgur, its not entirely accurate I think? For those that shift stances?

Woops, should have been clearer - talking about balance druid here
    i main a balance druid, and they are actually taking a lot away, and tying a lot of abilities to be either/either, you get one talent it removes one spell/overwritse it with the talent.

if your using balance druid as a choice, i have played it on beta, and it depends on your build to how many buttons you have.

as the guy said in the original post, this is his builds with the MAXIMUM amount of spells. not the most viable.

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    i main a balance druid, and they are actually taking a lot away, and tying a lot of abilities to be either/either, you get one talent it removes one spell/overwritse it with the talent.

if your using balance druid as a choice, i have played it on beta, and it depends on your build to how many buttons you have.

as the guy said in the original post, this is his builds with the MAXIMUM amount of spells. not the most viable.
    He did both in the pics, the least amount (as many passives as possible via talent tree) and the highest amount (as many active buttons).

Also, everyone has had abilities removed/moved to talents as a choice so everyone is affected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Can't really get an idea if you don't also post LIVE server action bars...
    just watch some recent WOD vids :P

i disagree with a lot being taken away, unless you mean from cat/bear.
    We effectively lost stampeding roar and NV (which does hurt), and instead gained innervate.
    We lost hurricane/soothe (rarely used anyway), and motw (meaningless)/Astral Communion (changed to talent because the eclipse mechanic changed, different ability effectively), oh, and mushroom slow.
    We gain regrowth and swiftmend from resto affinity (i think this will be a lifesaver for most prog - we dont get it with guardian for farm)
    We also gain Moon ability.
    Cyclone as a pvp talent is probably the biggest thing tbh, having to choose between that and 30sec Solar beam

Did i miss something?
    (woops, have to choose between bash/typhoon, and displacer/Renewal (but gain treants from t15)

Live/Beta bars with what is probably the prog spec (blanked out bars are pots/junk.
    (alt2/alt3 is CA with Dots/CA with StarSurge - 1 spell)
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-06-07 at 09:59 AM.

i disagree with a lot being taken away, unless you mean from cat/bear.
    We effectively lost stampeding roar and NV (which does hurt), and instead gained innervate.
    We lost hurricane/soothe (rarely used anyway), and motw (meaningless)/Astral Communion (changed to talent because the eclipse mechanic changed, different ability effectively), oh, and mushroom slow.
    We gain regrowth and swiftmend from resto affinity (i think this will be a lifesaver for most prog - we dont get it with guardian for farm)
    We also gain Moon ability.
    Cyclone as a pvp talent is probably the biggest thing tbh, having to choose between that and 30sec Solar beam

Did i miss something?
    (woops, have to choose between bash/typhoon, and displacer/Renewal (but gain treants from t15)

Live/Beta bars with what is probably the prog spec (blanked out bars are pots/junk.

nah not much missed but a lot of what we use now is tied together you either get CA or incarn, vortex is gone. displacer and natures on same tier.

but as i said from the guys bars, he went absolute max you could, not what you should? depends on your build to how many u will have

I don't mind there being fewer spells, as long as there is reactionary play involved, and utility that can turn the tide. Yes, Paladins don't have a whole lot of buttons to mash all the time, but their utility can easily prevent a wipe, and that's pretty damn important.

You got the minimum amount of spells for druids wrong. They have separate bars for their forms so the bars will look much cleaner. Noone would never put growl, swipe, rake etc. on caster form cast bar.
    It is ok to show them all on maximum spells picture to see them all.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-06-07 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Can't really get an idea if you don't also post LIVE server action bars...
    heh unfortunately i dont have as many alts.

For the druid stuff, utilities like ports, poisons, blessings, rogue too i guess - yes, you will have different stances and some stuff is used only out of combat, i guess the point was to show the amount of spells and be able to compare how much you lose/gain. i have a pally alt and have kings and might bound to keys instead of clicking them even out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I guess you're a damage dealing class/spec then? If you want something else, like healing, you roll a healer. Or if you fancy tanking, you roll a tank. If you fancy a bit of all, you roll a hybrid. Damage dealers do damage, that's what they're for.
    Is this a joke? lol

right.
    but usually you macro those forms with something else, a weapon swap maybe, or a spammable version ( /cast !bear form) so you dont shift out on the second click, so their presence on the bars is needed.
    Not always; you physically CAN'T reapply the Stance you're in, for example, so having it on your bar at all times is meaningless as you can't even press the button.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Not always; you physically CAN'T reapply the Stance you're in, for example, so having it on your bar at all times is meaningless as you can't even press the button.
    Reapplying bear form like he said WILL take you out into humanoid without it macro'd.. however you could hide this action button but I dont understand why you disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Sushu View Post
    Reapplying bear form like he said WILL take you out into humanoid without it macro'd.. however you could hide this action button but I dont understand why you disagree
    I disagreed with "usually."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I still use defensive and battle together macrod, on my bar at all times.
    /cast [stance:1] battle stance; [nostance:1] defensive stance

Might have the wrong number there, but you get the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Is this a joke? lol
    I am so happy for you that you are so easily amused. Laughing out loud for something that, if it is a joke, is a bad one, that must be wonderful.

I would love to hear your expert opinion on what a damage dealer should do. I'm not quite as easily amused, but thirst for knowledge instead.