Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Tracer is just about to drive me from the game

I can handle McCree even in his current state, and he's going to get balanced too apparently. I can't handle this limey fucking cunt who oozes manufactured waifuness to the Nth degree, literally the Lana del Ray of character design.

One Tracer? Tolerable, I suppose, though I wish they'd fix McCree's flashbang so it stop's her from blinking away, but two Tracers? I've half a mind to just slam the people playing dual Tracers onto the "plz don't put me in games with these fucknuts" list. The deserter penalty is becoming less and less effectual the more I see them in my games. Oh no I won't get lootboxes when I already have the legendaries I want.

I hate playing against her, I hate seeing her, I hate trying to counter her only to be met with more Tracers, I hate how the one 'counter' is considered "overpowered" and thus any suggestion to fix any problems he has countering Tracer is met with resistance and hostility. I especially hate when double Tracer is defending with a Reinhardt, Mercy, Bastion set up, and no amount of character switching seemed to do anything against it. OH LOOK WE FINALLY GOT THE TRACERS PLAGUING OUR BACKLINE DEAD- nope Mercy just suicide revived them and Reinhardt and Bastion are more than enough to stop any weak push as Tracers go back to being obnoxious cancers. Oh Mercy is back up and already has 55% ult charged in less than 25 seconds because she "deserves" it to do the process all over again.

I hope her damn timebox malfunctions and she's stuck in the Dark Ages.

I -know- what "supposedly" counters. It just seems her "counters" get worse depending on how good the Tracer is and the counter in question's skill doesn't scale with her.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I find it hilarious that there has been pretty much a thread on every single hero saying they are the most OP.

I guess that means perfectly balanced?

Not trying to discredit your opinion, I find her annoying as well. But try Symmetra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I dunno. Brain tends to filter out most things unless they were particularly annoying or frustrating, so all the bad stuff stands out. Every hero has something annoying that I can think of. I've found tracers don't annoy me as much as they used to. Sure their ultimate is annoying, but most of the time they get 0-1 kills with it while most others can easily get multi kills with their's. Sure she can get more with her's, but the team has to be brain dead to not move away.

A good tracer is incredibly annoying and hard to deal with. However, even sub par tracers I've managed to outplay most of the time. She just counters some heroes and there's not much you can do about it.

this reminds me of the tourney that ran a week or so ago. during 1 of the matches 1 of the teams ran 5 Tracers + Lucio and the other team basically just gave up. They tried the same thing later in the tourney and the other team swapped heroes as soon as they saw it, overwhelmed the tracers, forcing the tracer team to switch heroes and eventually lose the game. Just because you can't handle something doesn't mean there isn't a way to handle it and good players and teams will handle it

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    this reminds me of the tourney that ran a week or so ago. during 1 of the matches 1 of the teams ran 5 Tracers + Lucio and the other team basically just gave up. They tried the same thing later in the tourney and the other team swapped heroes as soon as they saw it, overwhelmed the tracers, forcing the tracer team to switch heroes and eventually lose the game. Just because you can't handle something doesn't mean there isn't a way to handle it and good players and teams will handle it
    And overwatch is not the only game to suffer from this mentality, that something is deemed OP because you aren't trying to counter it.
    Hearthstone is much the same, where a given deck gets played a lot and whined about yet nobody wants to put in the effort to counter it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I find it hilarious that there has been pretty much a thread on every single hero saying they are the most OP.

I guess that means perfectly balanced?

Not trying to discredit your opinion, I find her annoying as well. But try Symmetra.
    Symmetra is pretty much the only thing I've found that puts a damper on Tracer thanks to her Photon Beam. I'm also not going to blame people for not reading that rage essay, it's mostly me dealing with good Tracers on a regular basis and my team being absolutely helpless against them.

Symmetra all day every day
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I thought this was going to be a thread about HotS.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And overwatch is not the only game to suffer from this mentality, that something is deemed OP because you aren't trying to counter it.
    Hearthstone is much the same, where a given deck gets played a lot and whined about yet nobody wants to put in the effort to counter it.
    The only viable decks/characters shouldn't be whichever deck/character is generally stronger than everyone else across the board and whichever one or two deck/characters are able to beat them because of a gimmick.

That's not fun or interesting.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Tracer is dog meat against McCree.

Good practice is to play against Tracer when Arcade is the weekly brawl. (she has basically infinite recalls and warps)

Once you learn to kill her in Arcade Brawl, killing her in Quickplay is stupid easy.

i think McCree neds a nerf to his full clip skill he can shred tanks with this skill and this is not acceptable, i think tracer is just annoying
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I can handle McCree even in his current state, and he's going to get balanced too apparently. I can't handle this limey fucking cunt who oozes manufactured waifuness to the Nth degree, literally the Lana del Ray of character design.

One Tracer? Tolerable, I suppose, though I wish they'd fix McCree's flashbang so it stop's her from blinking away, but two Tracers? I've half a mind to just slam the people playing dual Tracers onto the "plz don't put me in games with these fucknuts" list. The deserter penalty is becoming less and less effectual the more I see them in my games. Oh no I won't get lootboxes when I already have the legendaries I want.

I hate playing against her, I hate seeing her, I hate trying to counter her only to be met with more Tracers, I hate how the one 'counter' is considered "overpowered" and thus any suggestion to fix any problems he has countering Tracer is met with resistance and hostility. I especially hate when double Tracer is defending with a Reinhardt, Mercy, Bastion set up, and no amount of character switching seemed to do anything against it. OH LOOK WE FINALLY GOT THE TRACERS PLAGUING OUR BACKLINE DEAD- nope Mercy just suicide revived them and Reinhardt and Bastion are more than enough to stop any weak push as Tracers go back to being obnoxious cancers. Oh Mercy is back up and already has 55% ult charged in less than 25 seconds because she "deserves" it to do the process all over again.

I hope her damn timebox malfunctions and she's stuck in the Dark Ages.

I -know- what "supposedly" counters. It just seems her "counters" get worse depending on how good the Tracer is and the counter in question's skill doesn't scale with her.
    I agree that her design and personality is the fucking worst. But I usually don't have THAT much trouble fighting her. Luckily ,very few people are good with her.
    I play a lot of Torbjörn and Junkrat, both of which can brutalize Tracer.

THe problem is when people play two or more of a single hero.

Now the heroes I really, really hate are Mei and Widowmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Tracer is dog meat against McCree.
    Yes I heard this and can agree- if she's flashbanged properly and she doesn't zip away to safety even if you land it on her. That's a tick rate problem, I'm told, and whenever I bring it up I get full on frothy rage on how McCree should be taken out of the game.

How exactly is McCree a counter to Tracer? She shouldn't be getting anywhere near him. Unlike most of heroes, she can easily manage with her abilities. Or if she does need to get close to him, she could just bait out his Flashbang, which, granted, is much more riskier at 20 ticks, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Except that's not the case in OW or HS.
    I know, and it shouldn't be that way, because it isn't fun or interesting.

Ya, people play the decks/characters that aren't simply the 'best', but they are still inferior. It will come down to skill and what not, but that still doesn't excuse blizzard from allowing broken decks/characters to exist that can only be countered by either very specific counter decks/characters or extreme luck/excessive differences in skill.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-06-08 at 12:29 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I mostly play tanks so I've never really had a problem with her. Also Zenyatta, where it takes a discord and one orb to the head to kill her.

On the other hand I've tried playing as her and holy shit I suck so bad
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Tracer's annoying, no where near OP...probably more an unwillingness to switch characters to counter her. Some of the best I've found are a well placed Bastion or Tor turret, and McCree. Some maps have really good places that Tracer's can't reach for Pharahs and Widow's to fire down on her...and I've even seen Junkrat outplay her with traps since she can't rewind in one.
    I do agree that people that know how to use her are quite fun to watch and really good, but the same is true for all characters.

I've been playing Winston a lot lately, and I love to hunt down Tracers with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    How exactly is McCree a counter to Tracer? She shouldn't be getting anywhere near him. Unlike most of heroes, she can easily manage with her abilities. Or if she does need to get close to him, she could just bait out his Flashbang, which, granted, is much more riskier at 20 ticks, but still.
    Most Tracer's won't be out in the open and looking for places to blink from/to and stay moving. A good McCree that knows the maps can shut her down pretty easily. As time goes on and you see better Tracer's everywhere mane not so much, but right now there's a lot of maps where they're both going to flank the same path and McCree will have the advantage with the flashbang.