Poll: What do you think?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Could simply be a tabard (the guild one with 9 upgrade ranks instead of using 9 equipement slots), xp boost is fine, but not replacing your gear at all while you're leveling is really boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Don't like them, don't use them. Simple.
    Thanks for answer but I see that you didn't understand my thread.

Herlooms are the reason why new items you got from dungeon/quest/world-drop are useless, that what's the point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataroku View Post
    This thread is like a mirror image of the flying / no-flying debate lol...
    Maybe. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Could simply be a tabard (the guild one with 9 upgrade ranks instead of using 9 equipement slots), xp boost is fine, but not replacing your gear at all while you're leveling is really boring.
    That's right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I have the exact opposite oppinion: You can remove the XP bonus, but the important part about heirlooms is, you don't need to think about replacing gear..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Heirlooms are needed, unless you want to struggle in PVP or spend a lot of time twinking every 10 levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Good idea sir.

If they brought back vanilla zones and leveling maybe. I am not spending more time then I have to with the trash heap they cobbled together in cataclysm then I have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    ~~ SNIP ~~
    What do you guys think about that?
    Lots of words, when you could just sum it up in two sentences:

"I am not disciplined enough to not using heirlooms. Therefore please remove them."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Heirlooms are needed, unless you want to struggle in PVP or spend a lot of time twinking every 10 levels.
    Isn't it every 5 levels nowadays?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Don't like them, don't use them. Simple.
    Not that simple. I like them because of experience boost, but I don't like them because they make all loot I get while leveling obsolete. Experience boost shouldn't be tied into gear pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'm the only one who thinks that having almost the same gear from 1 to 90 level is kinda monotonic? Whenever something drops from a dungeon or I get an item from the drop/quest I immediately sell it(or save it for the future T-mog, but that happens like... 0,5% of the time?). The same thing happens when something nice drop, you may think that you could sell that item for a nice amount of gold, but unfortunately almost everyone is running now with Heirlooms.

You can ask me - But what with the faster leveling?

Simple solution:
    For every character you have at max level, you get +X% Experience bonus.
    (like ~15-30)

Or just:
    If you have at least one character at max level, you get +X% Experience bonus.
    (like ~70-100%)

What do you guys think about that?
    I use em - and Transmog them to something appeasing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Trying to Twink every 10 is sooooo expensive to buy pieces because of xmog value of some pieces of gear. Especially the Plate Slutmog pieces.

wts shadowfang very cheap only 60,000 gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Isn't it every 5 levels nowadays?
    It might be for some brackets, thought it was still the 10s though (12 gets scaled up to 19 for instance).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like them. Makes leveling faster and easier. I get that some of you feel a chill down your spine at the thought of this but that's all it is.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure why people have such a hate boner for heirlooms all the sudden. this is an even more asinine discussion than no-flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of heirlooms is to expedite your own levelling process for your own alts. You work hard to earn them, upgrade them then benefit from the rewards.

If you are dumb enough to collect the heirlooms, upgrade them, use them then complain about them, then that is a whole lot of your problem.

I just don't get the idiocy behind "looms ruin levelling, remove them" Just don't use them if you don't like them! Levelling entails questing which is usually a great deal of solo quests, or instances that the majority of other players are probably fully kitted out in looms. Its a non issue.

As for gear being obsolete, its levelling gear. Its either useful for transmogs or for making gold. If you choose greens over looms then that's down to you, even blues from dungeon bags, that's down to you.

Don't whine about a means to an end that is completely optional.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyGnome View Post
    Not that simple. I like them because of experience boost, but I don't like them because they make all loot I get while leveling obsolete. Experience boost shouldn't be tied into gear pieces.
    It is that simple, cant have it both ways. IF you want the loot to mean something dont use them and that loot will Def be an upgrade. Still want xp boost? farm those account bound xp pots.

At the end of the day its about getting to max level, what the hell does it matter what item you have equipped to get there?

I disagree with this. However I do dislike the power of heirlooms.

The exp bonus is fine. If people want to level fast, go ahead. But the power of the items is just too high. Someone who chooses to level with heirlooms should not do 3 times the damage and have double the HP of someone who does not. This makes an annoying outdoor experience, completely ruins the little part of world PvP that actually exists and makes dungeons very uninteresting.

In short: Keep the exp bonus as it is for those who want it. Greatly reduce the power so it's more consistent with regular levelling gear.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    not sure why people have such a hate boner for heirlooms all the sudden. this is an even more asinine discussion than no-flying.
    the whole nostalrius mess brought people pushing for a more vanilla experience

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    assume soon they will be removed from game and blizz will give us only option to get xp boost or instant 90..100..110 level buy buying that.
    argument for removing heirlooms: they are to OP compared to older accounts vs new ones.
    ok, might be just wet orc dreams, but this cant be far from truth... wow gametime token, instant boost are already here, why not make them only option in general to get xp boost. pots dont count

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    It is that simple, cant have it both ways. IF you want the loot to mean something dont use them and that loot will Def be an upgrade. Still want xp boost? farm those account bound xp pots.

At the end of the day its about getting to max level, what the hell does it matter what item you have equipped to get there?
    I just said why it isn't that simple for me. There is a part that I like and part that I don't like. I would prefer that the experience perk would be something not connected to gear. Also not using them in dungeons while everyone else are using them, you just get kicked or shouted at occasionally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by viper823 View Post
    Great idea! It would make gear meaningful and fun while leveling, while also getting the xp boost if you have a max level character(s)
    Some people that already have a ton of max level characters do not care about gear being "meaningful and fun" when we level another alt.

Heirlooms are for veteran players, that have already "been there, done that" many times and do not care about the levelling experience. If you don't like heirlooms, don't use them.