Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But if this was added in to the rules. Then things like, "that is silly" would be next. Or, "that picture looks dumb" etc. You are basically taking a slice out of people's reaction and opinions because one doesn't like that opinion being so unfiltered?
    I don't think it would have to go any further than giving infraction from personal attacks.
    If someones first reaction to a post/picture is to call poster as a "retard" then maybe browsing MMO-C forums isn't right place for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominitry View Post
    I don't think it would have to go any further than giving infraction from personal attacks.
    If someones first reaction to a post/picture is to call poster as a "retard" then maybe browsing MMO-C forums isn't right place for them.
    Saying the post is retarded and the poster is retarded are two entirely different things btw.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post

Burden of proof, is part of any good founded discussion. Otherwise, it's your opinion versus another persons opinion ; That's not a wellfounded nor intellectual discussion.
    that's just a shitty meme

the OP didn't back it up with any evidence so why should the opposition? And can they? They can't, it's entirely just a subjective opinion if insults are bad.

The internet is a place where many people need to let go of the politeness and moderation they would have in a conversation with people face to face. They are weak, and I don't mind if moderators put a gag on them. They can state their opinion in a civilized way, and keep their raging, toxic shit to themselves. If that's not enough, they can make a community where they can yell and curse at each other as much as they'd like.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    The internet is a place where many people need to let go of the politeness and moderation they would have in a conversation with people face to face. They are weak, and I don't mind if moderators put a gag on them. They can state their opinion in a civilized way, and keep their raging, toxic shit to themselves. If that's not enough, they can make a community where they can yell and curse at each other as much as they'd like.
    It's always ironic and funny to see the people lambasting others for being rude go about it an incredibly rude manner themselves.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Saying the post is retarded and the poster is retarded are two entirely different things btw.
    Yes but saying post is retarded pretty much means that poster is retard.
    Same goes with racism: Post racist comment = you are racist.

People can say retarded shit without ordinarily being retarded themselves.

It's called erring and being human. Pointing out what they said, at that point of time, is retarded, doesn't mean they are retarded. But keep trying to grasp at straws.

P.S. Even if we assume what you said was true, which is not, that simply means the poster who posted that inane comment is inane.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    Fine, your attempt to regulate and control speech that makes you feel uncomfortable is an absolutely horrible idea that has no place on these forums. If you would really like a nice, safe place for your feelings then stay inside of your own little bubble and don't talk to anyone. Your request adds nothing to the discussion except for further attempts to blatantly control what people say.
    It's not about safe place, it's about a useless post disrupting any form of communication flow. Aka, judging someone without adding anything to rebound on. Which is even more stupid, btw.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2016-06-08 at 10:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Why should they leave and not you?

If you don't thread being called stupid don't make stupid thread.

Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    It's not about safe place, it's about a useless post disrupting any form of communication flow. Aka, judging someone without adding anything. Which is even more stupid, btw.
    Sorry, the burden of proof lies on anyone who make a claim, and in the order starting from the person who made the first claim. I am not obliged to have to link to you articles on google that you can do yourself when you run your mouth off with all sorts of inane conspiracies and blatant misinformation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Offense is never given, it's taken.

There is nothing offensive in saying that something is stupid. Besides, you can try to offend people with elaborate speech as well tho it still depends on their own intelligence and attitude if they feel offended by whatever you say to them. People say stupid things and other people have full right to express what they think about it. That is how progress is made. Noone ever in the history has made anything worthy by agreeing with everybody.

And speech regulation is ultimately ineffective therefor... stupid.

Sorry, the burden of proof lies on anyone who make a claim, and in the order starting from the person who made the first claim. I am not obliged to have to link to you articles on google that you can do yourself when you run your mouth off with all sorts of inane conspiracies and blatant misinformation.
    It's not a binary scenario aswell where either you don't react, either you start a thesis about the original claim. Nuance is a form of intelligence.
    Just saying "it's stupid" is only painting the poster as "Look, I'm here, but unable to find anything to say".
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2016-06-08 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    How would "Stop saying stupid shit", lead to rules against disagreeing?

It's just expressing one-self in a civil manner.

I don't get why people defend the right to be foulmouthed.
    Saying, "That is a stupid idea" isn't being foulmouthed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    People can say retarded shit without ordinarily being retarded themselves.

It's called erring and being human. Pointing out what they said, at that point of time, is retarded, doesn't mean they are retarded. But keep trying to grasp at straws.

P.S. Even if we assume what you said was true, which is not, that simply means the poster who posted that inane comment is inane.
    And again that's just your opinion..

If you have the urge to be just plain mean at someones post it's much more beneficial to everyone if you just don't comment on it at all.
    And i originally said that i would just give infraction to those mean commenters but not ban. That would just be the price you pay for making original posters day little bit worse by insulting him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, yet that isn't how the OP sees it.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't the same thing, though. Posting in a racist manner isn't the same thing as posting a maybe stupid question.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanting new ways to report those who disagree with you sounds like a fantastic idea! Now if anyone is the slightest bit rude and you cant refute what they're saying you can just get them infracted! [sarcasm/off]

You're posting on a video game forum. If we strictly allowed posts that added to an intellectual argument the site wouldn't exist. Toughen up, buttercup it's hard world out there.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather MMO-C dealt with the hate and racism first.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Offense is never given, it's taken.

There is nothing offensive in saying that something is stupid. Besides, you can try to offend people with elaborate speech as well tho it still depends on their own intelligence and attitude if they feel offended by whatever you say to them. People say stupid things and other people have full right to express what they think about it. That is how progress is made. Noone ever in the history has made anything worthy by agreeing with everybody.

And speech regulation is ultimately ineffective therefor... stupid.
    Couldn't have been said any better.

And again that's just your opinion..

If you have the urge to be just plain mean at someones post it's much more beneficial to everyone if you just don't comment on it at all.
    And i originally said that i would just give infraction to those mean commenters but not ban. That would just be the price you pay for making original posters day little bit worse by insulting him.
    And it's an opinion shared by the moderators in general. Yes, I have asked, multiple mods in PMs.

It's your opinion that attacking the post, and not the poster, is attacking the poster as well, and I assure you there aren't many out there that agree with you, much less moderators.

Finally, all you said is exactly why you are not a mod. But keep trying to backseat mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    It's not a binary scenario aswell where either you don't react, either you start a thesis about the original claim. Nuance is a form of intelligence.
    Good, so stop trying to push the burden on proof on others when the originators have not supported their claims yet.