Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    WoD's launch was by no means the worst launch though. Would you say WoD was trash within the first month?
    All the reviews were based on that, the leveling and the first month basically.

It's not the same for Overwatch, there's no leveling, there's no extra things past what you have to do.
    I did say it was trash within the first month. In fact, might have been within the first week? It didn't take me long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I did say it was trash within the first month. In fact, might have been within the first week? It didn't take me long.
    Well, I don't know what to say then, aside from it wasn't within the first month people started bashing it. It was probably around...I wanna say 6.1 when people really started to rage? And I mean people who usually defended Blizzard even (Like me)

Well, I don't know what to say then, aside from it wasn't within the first month people started bashing it. It was probably around...I wanna say 6.1 when people really started to rage? And I mean people who usually defended Blizzard even (Like me)
    Because people thought they'd pull a Diablo 3 and save it somehow with a great patch. Instead they only really doubled down on their mistakes.

I can't get into OW. For me it's just the idea that instead of going in and finding characters that I would love to play, it would instead be effectively memorizing which characters counter which, and having to just swap back and forth between characters just to counter the characters on the other team. If you don't do it then you face against people who do and you are therefore always at a disadvantage. If it was like HotS where you chose a character and stayed them all game, I would have probably bought it by now, but I just don't like how the game would be focused around bouncing back and forth between characters that you don't like in order to counter the opposite team doing the same thing, or else losing most games and having your teammates yell at you for being bad.

I did play in the beta, before any sort of meta was formed, and the gameplay itself wasn't so extravagant to convince me otherwise either. Just felt like another fast-paced shooter where every annoying FPS archetype now had their own character and 90% of all deaths were still getting shot in the back.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-06-08 at 04:20 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Because people thought they'd pull a Diablo 3 and save it somehow with a great patch. Instead they only really doubled down on their mistakes.
    "Here comes twitter guyssssss, it's what you wanted righttttt"

But I suppose. Still, either way, my original point was you can't really compare a WoD reception to Overwatch, especially when one already had an established playerbase and is an mmo, so it's harder to get a good grasp of how good an entire expansion will be within the launch.

WoD's launch was by no means the worst launch though. Would you say WoD was trash within the first month?
    All the reviews were based on that, the leveling and the first month basically.

It's not the same for Overwatch, there's no leveling, there's no extra things past what you have to do.
    Initially WoD was great. It's biggest launch issue was the way they handled garrisons being located on the same server bank, and then everyone got thrown into garrison during the first few stages of questing, server got fucked, and well no questing, can't get into or out of garrison. Game stopped moving.
    WoD sucked after a couple of months when everyone realized that it was WoW farmville edition. There wasn't going to be content, just more wait 4hours to pick your corn style stuff.

On OW:
    OW to me is a great game, a great FPS which has huge potential. Clearly this being Blizz's first competitive FPS they've made some major mis-steps;
    Tick rate has been awful and been complained about since og beta/alpha release. It causes a ton of problems from a gameplay perspective, especially in a reaction based shooter. Blizz partially addressed this but they only increased it custom matches, but since there isn't much of a game search or anything outside of MM, it's pointless.
    Match Maker - MM has been the death of FPS communities since Call of Duty decided they were going to for-go servers after Modern Warfare. It's been MM shit everywhere since then, even invading CSGO which should have been the last bastion of FPS communities. All the CSGO servers are pretty empty, everyone has to use MM to get games going.
    Character balance/Hero switching/multiple heroes - I played TFC competitively (along with CS1.3-1.6) and I'm use to class based shooters. I find it interesting that this class base shooter actually doesn't stop you from having multiples of specific heroes. And that having multiples of those heroes is more useful than diversity a fair amount of the time. Character balance, multi hero and the ability to switch midmatch are all kind of the same issue. I don't mind midmatch switches so much but multiple heroes pisses me off (on the same team). Unfortunately Blizz fell into the counter-sniper trap, where the only effective counter to widow is another widow. There are ways around this, pharah+mercy will work, a dual flank will work as well, but with the exception of widow herself, there is no single hero counter for her. This is a balance issue, maybe if Hanzo was better, but Hanzo isn't exactly a sniper more so than a slower shooting McCree with a different take on stopping flanks (mcree stuns and kills, hanzo uses arrow to show their movement). Dual Winstons are a tough as shit offense to break on payload maps, dual McCrees, Dual Soldier 76, these kind of strats, while interesting, shouldn't exist. Part of it is the characters themselves, are just too good at specific tasks that having 2 is actually twice as good at these moments. Some of the game balancing issues can be addressed in simply not allowing dual heroes to be run. Other issues of heroes just seeming overpowered are also slow to be addressed. The hate for Bastion is old, when they nerfed him, it was also a ghost buff. Bastions current form is actually better in the hands of a good player, faster in and out of turret mode, faster heal, loss the headshot thing infront of his turret shield they got rid of and moved the headshot box behind him... Bastion is still shit though. Yes I said it, Bastion is not a good hero and really has no purpose that can't be fulfilled by other heroes, and to better effect. But this is the problem, Blizz is taking too long with changes in game and allowing the game to evolve problems intact, so when they do finally make a change, it's almost pointless. Blizz nerfed McCree already, giving a longer reload time after fan, which you can still roll to quick reload anyway. Except before that nerf people were already use to getting away from McCree, angling, or ranging him. The nerf did nothing to the McCree playstyle, slowing down his damage output on things like shields. Which is inconsequential.

Slight rabbit hole I jumped in there.

Regardless, OW is a great game, but it can be so much more. Most of the issues are Blizz's own style or their inexperience in this genre.

What's so hard about me posting on a forum when I've got a job and tasks that keep me in front of a computer screen for long portions of the day? You act like I'm really having to go out of my way to pause for a moment here and there. Forum crawling might be difficult for you but it sure as hell isn't difficult for me.

Also, you replying to my posts, notifies me. So if you want me gone, maybe you should stop fucking notifying me?

I agree with the above poster. If you have uninstalled, why are you checking the Overwatch forums daily and posting daily?

If you really uninstalled, why don't you focus on the new game you are playing (or whatever hobby you are currently into)?
    \

OW is fine, the problem here exists between the keyboard and chair, aka git gud

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the hit box thing, watching Hanzo's on recaps kill me from the wind of their arrows can get a bit frustrating. I've also been pulled through solid objects by Roadhogg before.. that is fun. I still find stupid teammates far more frustrating and they're in any game like this.

Even so I'm still having fun. The Arcade will make me keep coming back if nothing else. I liked the first week and this weeks, though this weeks should be KOTH only in addition. I'm not big on competitive play anymore and I just like having a relaxed shooter.

That said, I see nothing wrong with breaks. It is a B2P package with no real commitment, come back for updates or arcade events you like.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD was praised so much during the first month and maybe more. It wasn't until we found out what a joke Ashran was and the raid situation. PvPers and the more casual folks got screwed pretty badly in WoD.

Deleted
    OW is below Hearthstone now on Twitch, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually a bear so I may not understand human reasoning too well but I think you are butthurt and ragequitting.

Went back to playing Diablo 3
    that sounds like a step backwards.. game is so bad that there are probably more people still playing the original diablo than d3

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Overwatch the first week, but now the small things as well as peoples, to be frank, stupidity is bothering me (unable to pick proper heroes, duplicates etc).

BUT I have to remember it's only Quick Play, most problems I have with the game with be solved when I can play Competitive and never touch Quick again
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I stopped playing about two weeks ago. I'll wait for a major update.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    that sounds like a step backwards.. game is so bad that there are probably more people still playing the original diablo than d3
    Er, Diablo 3 is a good game since RoS and further updates. At least for PC anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    OW is below Hearthstone now on Twitch, lol
    Wait, seriously, already?

- - - Updated - - -

"Here comes twitter guyssssss, it's what you wanted righttttt"

But I suppose. Still, either way, my original point was you can't really compare a WoD reception to Overwatch, especially when one already had an established playerbase and is an mmo, so it's harder to get a good grasp of how good an entire expansion will be within the launch.
    Yeah but most reviewers went overboard on their gushing for the game.

Angryjoe was the only one that while he liked it initially(like myself) he still only gave it a 7 out of 10, which, isn't horrible, but it puts some shadow of a doubt on it and let's people pause to ponder if it's a game for them. That's probably what I would've given it for the first week after release because while I loved it then, I could still see the unsavory underside of it. I simply didn't realize how bad it was until a lot more time had passed and those details really began to grind me down.

In which case, my personal and final score would've been more like a 5/10. Most of that 5 would've been for presentation alone which is of course this game's strongest attribute by far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    WoD was praised so much during the first month and maybe more. It wasn't until we found out what a joke Ashran was and the raid situation. PvPers and the more casual folks got screwed pretty badly in WoD.
    I didn't like the concept of Ashran as a concept, rofl. Never even touched it.

I powered to L100 within a handful of days, started tinkering with what would be the endgame, and immediately realized that WoD had to be more shallow and unappealing than anything else I had played before it. Like it took me no time at all to get to that point. The apexis shit really drove it home.

Then I went off, tried to do LFR Highmaul, and got through it without knowing a single encounter nor being told anything while very clearly being surrounded by a bunch of people of similar stripe. The end result was a chaotic, pointless experience that was somehow passed because it was dumbed down just that much. LFR was never meant to be REALLY hard, of course, but ToT was a lot more interesting and fun than that shit.

Garrisons from the get-go disappointed. Endgame content immediately disappointed me. Raiding. Dungeons. Basically everything disappointed me more than ever and it hadn't even been a full month since the game's release. Just terrible really.

I went from that to FFXIV and had a shitload more fun. Not that FFXIV is my perfect idea of an MMO but damn, at least it got dungeons and raiding down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post
    I agree with the above poster. If you have uninstalled, why are you checking the Overwatch forums daily and posting daily?

If you really uninstalled, why don't you focus on the new game you are playing (or whatever hobby you are currently into)?
    Because maybe I like posting and interacting on the forums regardless of whether I am playing the game or not? I still have 60 hours into Overwatch. I am more than entitled to discuss it, even after the fact. Not sure why people think there isn't life after uninstall, there very clearly is. I'm not playing WoD but I still discuss WoW plenty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    So game is out for a week and you quit over balance? Must be nice to live a life without patience. I should try that too.
    It was same for HoTS. ,,Oh it is just aplha. Oh it is just Beta. Relax game just released. Game is only 2 weeks old. After more then 1y game is still garbage.

Deleted
    This game is the same garbage as hots, both terrible games made for casual with little skill involved.

Enjoy the new shitty blizzard games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    It was same for HoTS. ,,Oh it is just aplha. Oh it is just Beta. Relax game just released. Game is only 2 weeks old. After more then 1y game is still garbage.
    But its not, its 2 guys on this forum posting over and over moaning their balls off.
    I have had 0 encounters like they said they had and the only thing that is shit about this game is a very small part of the community I have to play with.

But hey, keep making a mountain out of a molehill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    But its not, its 2 guys on this forum posting over and over moaning their balls off.
    I have had 0 encounters like they said they had and the only thing that is shit about this game is a very small part of the community I have to play with.

But hey, keep making a mountain out of a molehill.

Yes, it is. Hots is garbage and it still has the same problems of the alpha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    Yes, it is. Hots is garbage and it still has the same problems of the alpha.
    Hots is fine, casual version of LoL and Dota.
    Will still holding his own (very small portion of the MOBA player base).
    Not my cup of tea, but can hardly call it garbage.

Also you are not giving us reasons to why its garbage you are just moaning and whining on a sub-forum for OW about hots(which has its own sub-forum).
    What are we to do with this post with no information at all?