10+ Year Old Account
    (I'm aware it's silly) but am I the only one who won't buy from GoG because the game won't be a part of my steam collection? Obviously there are all sorts of benefits to drm free games, but the lack of features of not being apart of steam put me off from buying from them.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    To me all of this makes me thing about the actual product quality we get. Yeah, i'll bypass the deadhorse reasoning about "long ago games were better", but fact is that games a decade ago have still impact nowadays, while modern product last for a very short time in most of the cases.
    I think there are a couple factors, but I think nostalgia is one of them. We thought we loved those games so much, but the truth is that they were a) The only thing we got and b) New and original, so extra shiny. Truth is that today we get far more quality games at a level we would have never dreamed every few months. It's just hard to recognize because we've become overexposed to games and some studios mass produce garbage titles on a yearly basis.

Then regarding time, many games are designed for a short life not because they are trying to trick us but because video games are an artistic endeavor and sometimes giving us a very specific experience is the entire goal. It's ok if I beat Stanley Parable with all achievements in a few hours because it wasn't supposed to be the Witcher 3 for me.

I totally know what you mean, but when I step back and look at the gaming landscape we have in front of us it's really astounding in a great way. Sure a lot of these bundle games are garbage, but I don't think most of them are actively trying to be garbage. They are just little people trying to do something they enjoy and make a living from it. I have actually thought about unsubscribing from this thread only because I need to stop buying games. I have probably enough games to last the rest of my life and who knows how many more must buys that will release in the next few decades.

My steam library has become an insurmountable beast, but there's some measure of satisfaction knowing I will play all of these games...one day haha. So for now here I am, still looking at every bundle, but purchasing far fewer than I used to. I've stopped entering giveaways because I don't have games to give and I feel bad about winning something I can't play immediately. But you know, it's nice to have a group of people so crazy into games to talk about all of this stuff with.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    -snip-
    I agree with everything!

Especially the steam library issue XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    (I'm aware it's silly) but am I the only one who won't buy from GoG because the game won't be a part of my steam collection? Obviously there are all sorts of benefits to drm free games, but the lack of features of not being apart of steam put me off from buying from them.
    You can always add them to the steam UI, using Games > "add a none steam game to my library"
    Then it is just the same as being a steam game with chat, screenies & all that jazz, but still with the DRM-free goodness.

Talking of GOG, Homeworld & Solus are cheap too right now, bought both & wow, good stuff.
    Also damn it GOG, sales? My wallet is petrified!

- - - Updated - - -

Paradix are doing their Summer sale too.

All this talk of age & gaming, only reminds me of the days of the Atari 2600, ZX80s etc, long before you whipper snappers were born ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    At I only 22(23 in 3 months), I feel rather young here. Thats has been a while since I felt like that in an internet community.
    Started WoW when I was around 11 years.

OT -
    Finallya humble bundle that looks interesting again, bought it for the BTA tier. Hoping on some nice games to revealed next week. Last 2 indie bundles look uninteresting, but that is not surprising.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    All this talk of age & gaming, only reminds me of the days of the Atari 2600, ZX80s etc, long before you whipper snappers were born ;p
    Heh. My first days of gaming were on a Commodore 64.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Had a few games on my CMB64, Jet Set Willy (ooer), Daley Thompsons Decathlon (the joystick destroyer lol), but I preferred to make games & play with graphics back then. I was a late gaming starter.

Started more on my Amiga 1200 \o/

Deleted

Vic20 for me - well technically it was a generic games console from around 1978/79 but that was a family one, the Vic20 was my Christmas pressie in 1982 at the age of 14.

Just picked up the Bullfrog collection from GoG - Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2, Populous 1, 2 and The Beginning, Magic Carpet 1 & 2, Syndicate Plus & Wars, Theme Hospital and Theme Park - got Spelunky out of it for free too. All for less than 10 of Her Majesty's Pounds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Vic20 for me - well technically it was a generic games console from around 1978/79 but that was a family one, the Vic20 was my Christmas pressie in 1982 at the age of 14.

Just picked up the Bullfrog collection from GoG - Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2, Populous 1, 2 and The Beginning, Magic Carpet 1 & 2, Syndicate Plus & Wars, Theme Hospital and Theme Park - got Spelunky out of it for free too. All for less than 10 of Her Majesty's Pounds.
    Madge bought you something? Noice! Especially as it is her b`day around about now
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2016-06-08 at 06:17 PM.

Just turned 35 this year...it's weird that I could actually write myself in when I vote for US president this year. (Well, I could before, but this time I'm actually eligible)

OT: excited about Hand of Fate, been wanting that one for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    You can always add them to the steam UI, using Games > "add a none steam game to my library"
    Then it is just the same as being a steam game with chat, screenies & all that jazz, but still with the DRM-free goodness.
    Yep, but there are missing features such as achievements as well as things being displayed under activity such as game purchases, reviews, screenshots and achievements (although screenshots work the same with gog, that's just an example of type of activity). I've also found that the steam ui doesn't work for every game. In fairness I don't have a ton of non steam games to test it with, but two different games didn't give me a steam ui.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    Yep, but there are missing features such as achievements as well as things being displayed under activity such as game purchases, reviews, screenshots and achievements (although screenshots work the same with gog, that's just an example of type of activity). I've also found that the steam ui doesn't work for every game. In fairness I don't have a ton of non steam games to test it with, but two different games didn't give me a steam ui.
    That is where I am at a huge advantage. I don`t care about achievements, hell, if I could turn them off from popping up, it would improve steam for me hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few Lego Giveaways -- All are 2+ and will end Saturday 6/11/16 at 12:00 CDT

7+ Year Old Account
    Awesome giveaway selection. Thanks for the chance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some bloody good shit there buddy, you're way to kind

Grats to anyone who wins, the LEGO games are very enjoyable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    I'll just break the "we are old now" discussion (i just hit 31 a couple of days ago.... sigh) to tell you GoG is starting to threat our wallets with their Summer Sale:

https://www.gog.com/

Free System Shock 2 if you claim it from GoG Galaxy.... if the queues will clear up a bit. :P
    Gog sales with many old games, and my graphics card dies so I'm stuck with the onboard graphics for a few weeks. Coincidence, or illuminati wanting me to buy more old games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay I won a game.

...There were less entries than copies being given away...

Also, yay, Freedom Planet 67% of in GoG sale.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-06-10 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Had created a thread on SG forums to get more people in whitelist 15 minutes before it ended. But had work to do, couldn't add them in time.

Sad me D:
    sorry about that Ysi... but I am glad I managed to get a hold of a copy... thx a lot (again) :P