Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    More proof that Blizzard is in the pocket of the top one tenth of one percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Themanintobuildafire View Post
    I really don't get how people can be this poor. I have a character I moved to a server specifically to join a guild offering the guild challenge mode pet. He had like nothing when I got there. I quested him from 90-100 and worked the garrison.

He has tailoring and enchanting.

I don't do ANYTHING on this guy except twice a day garrison missions and 1x a day the daily crafting. I don't even load up the tailoring shack for extra mats.

This char is sitting on over 200k gold.

So um how the hell are people at 20k gold? Logging in 1hr a week? That sort of casual would never have anything in game anyways, so a 2mil spider would be a pipe dream for them.
    It takes time to bring your garrison and followers to a state where you can make decent amounts of gold. This 200k+ from garrison only surely took a couple of months. I'm not sure casuals would play that much.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You sound like a pretty newbie AH player if you don't have a concept of expansion inflation and how WoD trivialized any form of gold making so much so that people who don't do anything special (previously broke players) get 20k like its nothing.
    What are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Want a massive gold sink?

Add a new NPC that sells dozens of new mounts that cost 50k - 1m gold. Hell even add in the old removed ZG mounts and charge half a million each. 150k for the vanilla epic mounts. 10 million for the Black-Proto Drake and black bug tank thing. People with a lot of money will buy them all. Gold will be used.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    What exactly is the point of this wall of text other than to say 2M for spider is expensive?
    2m spider mount that doesn't have an ability to climb on wall or shoot web to random stranger in the face for lewd. Why would you bother paying it up 2m cuz your rich? Fuck off, it's the exactly same thing like buying 1k-10k mounts. Grant spider mount to let us hang upside down as /specialmount, give us ability to climb any wall textures as we like to, give us ability to shoot web for lol for no reason then i might consider 2m.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    talking with you is a waste of time. Your jealousy is showing
    If you say so, lol.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Looks sweet, but the only way to get this kind of money is to sell wow tokens, lots of tokens

I have only one garrison and barely touch it. The 2 million mount does not interest me at all. They could put a 17 billion mount in the game. As in real life, I don't ask retarded questions like "How did we get to a 2 million dollars Ferrari?"... That mount had nothing to do with the economy, it's all about prestige and bragging. There need to be items that are not for the common people and the common people should stop fucking raging about it. At least this mount is not in the motherfucking in-game real money store...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Why would you bother paying it up 2m cuz your rich?
    Yes, that's exactly why. That's why there are people in the world that have 50 bedroom mansions, do you think they use them all? It's just to show you that they have a bigger dick than you. Or at least pretend to...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    People got plenty of their gold from dailies with the odd AH'ing, but that incredibly pales in comparison to the amount provided by Garrisons...

There's a massive difference between actively making gold and passive making it from literally a few seconds of login time between characters...
    It's not particularly easier or harder to make gold from garrisons than from crafting and the AH.

The main difference is that: In the AH you make more gold than you could ever make from garrisons unless you have 30 of them. And with the AH you need to log in at least every 2 days to relist everything.

I really don't get how people can be this poor.
    It's simple how people can be that poor. They spend all the gold they make. It's that simple.

You absolutely positively can't make gold in WoW without hoarding it. There is an infinite variety of gold sinks and stuff to buy in the game.

While on the one hand I spent about 500k on pets to get the 600 pet achieve (or whatever it was) early on when it was difficult, I don't buy from the BMAH at all. I have a few M gold because I mostly choose not to spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Want a massive gold sink?

Add a new NPC that sells dozens of new mounts that cost 50k - 1m gold. Hell even add in the old removed ZG mounts and charge half a million each. 150k for the vanilla epic mounts. 10 million for the Black-Proto Drake and black bug tank thing. People with a lot of money will buy them all. Gold will be used.
    people are already paying 1m for ZG mounts and that will only go up in legion, 500k is nothing - I've heard a couple say they'll bid 10m in legion to secure zulian tiger on BMAH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

You think the wow economy is f'ed up....on SWTOR there's people with BILLIONS of credits, that's not a typo....and say like here (meaning WoW) people routinely peg "you are rich" at around a million - 10 million gold.....in SWTOR you're just middle class at 10 million credits....the average veteran player who's been there for at least a year or two is packing 100 million + .

I'm poor over there too. in WoW I have a few hundred thousand gold...in SWTOR my "richest" character has about 1.2 million credits....still very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It's not particularly easier or harder to make gold from garrisons than from crafting and the AH.

The main difference is that: In the AH you make more gold than you could ever make from garrisons unless you have 30 of them. And with the AH you need to log in at least every 2 days to relist everything.

It's simple how people can be that poor. They spend all the gold they make. It's that simple.

You absolutely positively can't make gold in WoW without hoarding it. There is an infinite variety of gold sinks and stuff to buy in the game.

While on the one hand I spent about 500k on pets to get the 600 pet achieve (or whatever it was) early on when it was difficult, I don't buy from the BMAH at all. I have a few M gold because I mostly choose not to spend it.
    I spent a lot on pets this xpac...500k to 1mil gold. I spent about 2mil on carries. I still have millions of gold because there is nothing for me to spend it on. I guess I could drop 1mil on a mythic mount from archie, but IMO mounts aren't worth that much. I have been buying stuff that will sell well once Legion hits as just sitting on gold isn't really doing me much to increase my wealth.

The guy was saying he never had more than 20k...that is what I just don't get. Running Cata raids on a few chars can get more than 20k in a week. Doing garrison on a few chars is the same. I came back to this game in Cata with nothing and I remember doing herb/mining for hours each day in order to make some initial bank to get my char up to snuff. I was making 20-30k a week from that with only having 1 char. WoD is just SO easy to make gold...

I spent a lot on pets this xpac...500k to 1mil gold. I spent about 2mil on carries. I still have millions of gold because there is nothing for me to spend it on. I guess I could drop 1mil on a mythic mount from archie, but IMO mounts aren't worth that much. I have been buying stuff that will sell well once Legion hits as just sitting on gold isn't really doing me much to increase my wealth.

The guy was saying he never had more than 20k...that is what I just don't get. Running Cata raids on a few chars can get more than 20k in a week. Doing garrison on a few chars is the same. I came back to this game in Cata with nothing and I remember doing herb/mining for hours each day in order to make some initial bank to get my char up to snuff. I was making 20-30k a week from that with only having 1 char. WoD is just SO easy to make gold...
    I doubt regular players raise and gear up couple of chars and then spend hours running cata raids every week for gold.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I doubt regular players raise and gear up couple of chars and then spend hours running cata raids every week for gold.
    It's the difference between getting gold from the world as you describe, and getting it from other players through trading, goods and service sales. Players who understand the difference will have a better handle of how they can raise funds for their activities.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The guy was saying he never had more than 20k...that is what I just don't get. Running Cata raids on a few chars can get more than 20k in a week. Doing garrison on a few chars is the same.
    What you don't seem to get is that in order to accumulate gold, you have to have it, and not spend it.

Most players don't work that way.

2 million gold mount? I've been saving since Christmas and I have only 50k, and that's the most money I've ever had at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    these people with millions must have like 30+ characters farming there maxed garrissons
    Millions of gold, 4 characters with max garrisons. It's easy to make gold without using garrisons, how do you think we did it for years before they existed?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I picked up WoD when it went on sale in Dec for $12.50. Since then, I've gotten a little over 300k without even trying that hard. All of my characters have max flying and lots of toys and extras. I spend liberally and I get it back as quick as I spend it.

That said, I know I'll never see that 2mil mount at this rate. If it looks that nice and I simply have to have it, I'll figure out a way to get the 2mil, one way or the other.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games