Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Technically he could win every other primary, and all the super delegates pledged to Clinton could vote for him.
    There's 1 more primary worth 20 delegates left. Given that Clinton is up in the popular vote, up in the pledged delegates, and is the party's preferred candidate anyway, there's 0% chance that Bernie could swing a win here.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Is this where you say America is a republic...yada yada yada or some other silliness?
    Well, it is and always was an Oligarchy.

Rich people voting for rich people with the public there to persuade the rich people.

It's why you have stupid things like super delegates.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's no different than any of the other shit Presidents we've had in the last 20 years.

That's reason enough.
    That's reason enough to let Donald Trump become President, though? I mean yeah, he's different than the "other shit Presidents we've had in the last 20 years," but is that really the kind of "different" you want to allow to win?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    The results of 30 years of the republican attack machine going full-force on Hillary are evident in this thread.
    I'm a classical Liberal, I don't agree with most republican policies.

I do however believe in liberty and freedom as the apex ideals a government should preserve.

Hilary is the antithesis to liberal ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

Rich people voting for rich people with the public there to persuade the rich people.

Naw, George McGovern is why we have super-delegates.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account

Superdelegates have never selected a nominee, and if they weren't in the race this time, Clinton would still win anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    That's reason enough to let Donald Trump become President, though? I mean yeah, he's different than the "other shit Presidents we've had in the last 20 years," but is that really the kind of "different" you want to allow to win?
    Well, the worst he can be is another corporate shill who promotes the megacorps who run America.

So yeah, he's fine.

At least he doesn't want to censor the internet and stamp down on video games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Her potential supreme court justice picks would go a long way towards that.
    How so?

/10
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

killed those 4 Americans? how? by asking the Senate Armed Service Committee for more funding for security ? Was flatly denied as pork spending and she gets blamed for it ? crazy 4 embassy were bombed in Ronald Reagan's terms of office plus one Beriut Nightclub loaded with US Marines 100's died GOP controlled congress (free pass no worries oh ya he also stole billions from social security but umm its a non issue) Benghazi and all the endless witchhunt comittees were set up to make sure Hillary didn't get nominated btw I voted for Bernie in the primary ill support Hillary to keep a whack job out of office

I dislike her because I have yet to figure out if she is the giant douche or the turd sandwich. I can't find that info on her website. To be fair I dislike this about both parties candidates though.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Naw, George McGovern is why we have super-delegates.
    So... rich people voting for rich people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the worst he can be is another corporate shill who promotes the megacorps who run America.
    That's hardly the worst he can be. He can fuck trade with China, screw our relationship with Mexico, and initiate the rise of a massive race war in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

How so?

/10
    She's likely to select a judge who would be more comfortable overturning things like DC v. Heller, and since the new justice would make a 5/4 liberal majority, they could actually do it.

There's 1 more primary worth 20 delegates left. Given that Clinton is up in the popular vote, up in the pledged delegates, and is the party's preferred candidate anyway, there's 0% chance that Bernie could swing a win here.
    I don't think it's likely, but it's certainly possible.

If the choice is between Trump and Clinton...well, I won't be voting. We're voting for Hillary, a terrible choice, because Trump is worse.

I'll pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the choice is between Trump and Clinton...well, I won't be voting. We're voting for Hillary, a terrible choice, because Trump is worse.

I'll pass.
    But if you're a voter against Trump, deciding not to vote is the equivalent of a vote for Trump, thanks to our lovely first past the post voting system.

As said, the worst you can get with Trump is a clown who can't do shit. The worse you can get with Clinton is another war in the middle east and another banking crisis in 10 years because her overlord herm donators told her to deregulate X and like her husband she won't grasp the full implications.

Deleted
    That's hardly the worst he can be. He can fuck trade with China, screw our relationship with Mexico, and initiate the rise of a massive race war in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

She's likely to select a judge who would be more comfortable overturning things like DC v. Heller, and since the new justice would make a 5/4 liberal majority, they could actually do it.
    Lol, really drunk the Hilary Koolaide here.

Know what? Instead of saying absurdist statements about trump. Show us how Hilary will not be the most corportist facist cuntmonkey to ever grace the white house.

- - - Updated - - -

But if you're a voter against Trump, deciding not to vote is the equivalent of a vote for Trump, thanks to our lovely first past the post voting system.
    At least it's not a vote for Hilary.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I get why people think this. What I don't get is why people then think Trump is a better choice. (You didn't assert that, but I'm just saying that's how it seems to go).
    The choice between Trump and Clinton is, in my mind, a choice between a shallow, thin-skinned idiot and a calculating, opportunistic, immoral crook. Neither are a good choice. If there is a last minute 3rd party candidate, they will get my vote (unless it is Sanders).

I am a conservative/libertarian who has voted republican since George H.W. Bush (my first time voting).
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

7+ Year Old Account

So it's other silliness. Carry on.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

I'm against both of them. I'd rather we just elect a quarter as President, and flip a coin whenever we need a decision made. We'd probably be better off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    So it's other silliness. Carry on.
    It's not my fault the American education system doesn't teach you shit.