Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I "cheated" in an old school MMORPG by macroing for character advancement.

Literally everyone did it.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    cause its fun lol, completely annihilating a team with an aimbot is funny

to see how much times it pass before someone makes a forum post about it

10+ Year Old Account
    sure, back in a day when i got bored i used to fire up hex editor and play with saves, nowdays not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only cheat in certain strict circumstances and NEVER in a multiplayer competitive game.

Only times I cheat is in a game I've already completed, and then I'll only cheat if I'm just fucking about, not playing seriously and I'll never save after.

Or if I'm playing through a game I've played a bunch of times and I want to skip a particularly onerous section (I'm looking at you DAO Fade section)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I only cheat in certain strict circumstances and NEVER in a multiplayer competitive game.

Only times I cheat is in a game I've already completed, and then I'll only cheat if I'm just fucking about, not playing seriously and I'll never save after.

Or if I'm playing through a game I've played a bunch of times and I want to skip a particularly onerous section (I'm looking at you DAO Fade section)
    Yep this is pretty much me exactly. Coincidentally I'm actually replaying DA:O now and used a mod to skip the Fade(it isn't particularly difficult but just long monotonous and annoying).

On single player games, sure. When i'm not really enjoying the gameplay anymore for w/e reason, but still wanna see the story and stuff

I have done all types of things in games and i have lost my fair amount of accounts. First off i would like to state i am a OTR Truck Driver. i use remote play to run bots from time to time over the years. Or had friends run bots ect cus i would be out for 1 month at a time. Over the years and 3 accounts later on wow and new accounts on other games besides blizzard games. I just got tired of it and tired of the ban accounts and tired of realizing the fact is ....my job sucks to be a gamer lol. So i just play from time to time and i got old. Being 36 now i could care less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    I cheat in games like pokemon to save time. I really don't want to be leveling and maxing out every battle ready pokemon that takes forever. Can make them in a few mins on modded 3ds. If i have finished a game ill also mod/cheat when bored.
    Nowadays you can't go online with hacked/cheated Pokémon since they have a new detection system, it basically bans you and destroys the Pokémon from what I heard.

Sims, every time.

Otherwise, do cheats even exist otherwise?

I like cheats in games that you unlock through completing portions of the game. Take Perfect Dark for example (the good, N64 one). That's a great way to implement cheats.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    It depends on the cheat. Some of them can be fun.
    An example would be a cheat you got when you won a season in NFS2, with which you could make three additional cars available. One was completely OP. But it had such an incredibly unrealistical strong steering, just tapping the key turned it by almost 90°. The second one was ok. The third one was quite slow, but the physics were adjusted to simulate it weighing multiple tons. With that one, you could just ram all other cars and watch the inferno.
    Another example would be exploiting into areas in development in WoW. E.g. I went to the Caverns of Time with their spacey look before they were opened.

There is a thing I never use: Cheat codes to gain advantages to get further in a game. If I'm at a point where I can't go further, I either try harder till I overcome the challenge or turn the difficulty down if possible. Which of those possibilities I choose depends on how much I enjoy the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Healer View Post
    Nowadays you can't go online with hacked/cheated Pokémon since they have a new detection system, it basically bans you and destroys the Pokémon from what I heard.
    really depends how you make them, there are ways to make them pass all the checks just don't make anything not possible in game and check the met level and location and stuff all correct. As a rule if it will trade or go on poke bank it will work and not get you banned. (because you could trade them to someone unknowing they hacked who then gets ban)

10+ Year Old Account
    As cheating often compromises achievements, I will not do it.
    Haven't cheated since IDDQD.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Yep this is pretty much me exactly. Coincidentally I'm actually replaying DA:O now and used a mod to skip the Fade(it isn't particularly difficult but just long monotonous and annoying).
    Indeed. Tbh, if it was difficult, I might have some sense of satisfaction... But it's just a long drawn out excuse for a stat increase.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

yea I'm with the majority in this one.

YES I WILL CHEAT --- IN SINGLEPLAYER, or maybe in multiplayer split screen vs a friend to piss him off lol

I've cheated in Warcraft 2 & 3 so I could see the whole map, speed up production, get unlimited resources, and that stuff. Used to cheat on previous Civilizations by using Map Editor in-game to give myself units, resources and more/better land. Obviously cheat all the time in any/all GTA's. Who doesn't? ha ha

But cheating in multiplayer with wall hacks and aimbots is just pathetic and makes zero sense to me. I obviously hate to play a terrible match in multiplayer games, but than when myself and/or my team dominates our opponent, you feel awesome. But I wouldn't feel so awesome if I was using hacks to get that done. That's just a waste of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    As cheating often compromises achievements, I will not do it.
    Haven't cheated since IDDQD.
    Most of the time I resort to cheats, its because I hit a rough spot in a singleplayer campaign, and just want to continue seeing the storyline...

Once I've cheated in a game though... it kinda makes it tough not to cheat again, and then the game's ruined for me.

I remember even before IDDQD the biggest "cheat" for me was discovering an exploit in the original Bard's Tale that let you dupe gear. Without that cheat, the game would have been significantly harder.

Other than that, "cheating" in itself is significantly different.... you can look up guides/walkthrus online now whenever you hit a tough spot, whereas back when you had to blow in the videogames to get them to work... if you didn't solve it yourself, you cheated.

a large part too is 'how' you cheat... knowing all the cheat codes was a bit of a badge of honor as well, especially the funny ones.

oh !@#$.... multiplayer split screen.... lol... I'm not big on shooters, but I think it was goldeneye that let you place landmines... and once I figured that out I banked on the fact that someone else would cheat and look at my screen. they did, and they died.

At present, it's mostly with older games to circumvent some of the jank that was in them at the time. For example, I've replayed a few of the older Final Fantasies recently, and they have inbuilt cheats to speed up the gameplay, turn off random encounters, do max damage etc. I used them a few times to disable the encounters in an area when I got bored of them, grind faster when I needed to, or just overpower annoying boss battles that required me to use characters I hadn't leveled.

Well designed modern games are usually a lot more fun without any kind of cheating for me, and I'd never do it in a multiplayer game in any way that negatively impacted other players, even indirectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    At present, it's mostly with older games to circumvent some of the jank that was in them at the time. For example, I've replayed a few of the older Final Fantasies recently, and they have inbuilt cheats to speed up the gameplay, turn off random encounters, do max damage etc. I used them a few times to disable the encounters in an area when I got bored of them, grind faster when I needed to, or just overpower annoying boss battles that required me to use characters I hadn't leveled.

Well designed modern games are usually a lot more fun without any kind of cheating for me, and I'd never do it in a multiplayer game in any way that negatively impacted other players, even indirectly.
    Well new games like bravely default/second have a *cheat* that allows you to lower/increase the monster encounter. And funny part is that they make it like its a character lucky ability to avoid monsters.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends, I may take advantage of game mechanics in certain situations, but its a very thin line of personal preference.

Using the original Mega Man for example: I dont use the pause glitch with Elec Man's attack in a "real" play through, unless I am just dicking around and want to clear stuff fast to get to a certain spot or something. However, I will take advantage of backtracking between screens to clear enemies or farming stuff like E-Tanks.

In an online game, I will admit I may take advantage of broken mechanics or game play until its fixed. I am personally all in favor of "creative game play" to different parts of games and, call me a scumbag for saying this, I think that developers should not punish players who find and take advantage of these mistakes that they may not have caught right away.