Poll: How hyped are you about Legion now?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hearing that there's 3 raids tiers planned meaning atleast 4 different raids with a mega dungeon planned and other dungeons planned in subsequent patches... I'm hyped. The Nightmare and Nighthold raids looks EPIC! I can't wait to fight Gul'dan and Xavius and with the Artifacts i can't wait to have such a personalised weapon that i can completely dedicate myself to instead of getting like 20 different weapons that'll get replaced within weeks/months. So yeah, mega hype right here.

Currently playing beta and not looking forward to the massive grind after grind after grind legion is forcing.

Got into Beta and I'd rather snort coke lines and play jenga instead.

okay joking...expansion is good.much better than wod.

One image to hype them all:

Quote Originally Posted by User333 View Post

okay joking...expansion is good.much better than wod.
    That's setting the bar pretty low so doesn't say much lol.

was 9 when it was announced, but about 6 now. It just took too long to come out..

Quote Originally Posted by kilrans View Post
    Coming from a game that hasn't had new group content in over 2.5 years I can't fathom all the hate for Legion. I guess people are burnt out or jaded after playing the same game for 10 years.
    Having played since Vanilla, I can tell you that this game is nothing like it used to be. The four raids, two at launch and two additional along with a few extra dungeons used to be the standard. In recent years, Cata, MoP, and WoD, the amount and quality of content has severely dropped off. What used to be standard release amount of content in the Vanilla - WotLK era, isn't even being reached by the end of expansions in the Cata - WoD era. The cutting of content, lack of content, and over easy simplification of the content is what has really killed if for players. Blizzard on the other hand is making near record profits, so players are, understandingly so, wondering where the hell that money is going, because it sure isn't into making WoW even close to what it used to be, let alone better. It's not so much that they're burnt out over a 10+ year old game, but that the game is pretty much a different game in everything but name thanks to all the "quality of life" changes that have basically taken the game from something where you felt like you were accomplishing something, all the way down to the level of a Facebook game where you can log in for about 20 minutes a day and you're pretty much going to see and accomplish everything the game has to offer.

As for me, my hype is pretty much where it has been with WoW lately; Hopeful, but not too hopeful. They've added in more difficulty in terms of Mythic +, seem to have a bit more focus on professions to actually make them matter again, but that really seems like about it. Facebook / Battle.net I don't think many people really care about. The "three patches, one dungeon, and two extra raids" is, as of now, nothing but a "promise" at this point and I'll leave my excitement at the door on that one because more than often they've failed to live up to their hype. Overall, their interviews just feel like "Oh, we wanted to do this, but we are just SO behind that we've already had to cut things." Frankly, I find that a bit sad with how little they've actually been offering, and feel like their leads, let alone their massive team of people, just have aged themselves to the point where they can't be bothered anymore.

Overall though, I'd say my excitement at announcement was about a 4 because I seriously thought that they were just playing it safe with how little information they were releasing, but seeing as it's in beta and fairly close to launch now, I'd say that excitement is probably a 2.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2016-06-11 at 12:51 AM.

Anyone asking this or voting "Yes, I'm excited", hasn't been on Beta to see the reality of what's going on yet. It's been extremely depressing, especially with them locking a few of the feedback threads because people are demanding an explanation. It's more like, 80 days until this disaster goes live. Will BLIZ change their mind and do something, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Anyone asking this or voting "Yes, I'm excited", hasn't been on Beta to see the reality of what's going on yet. It's been extremely depressing, especially with them locking a few of the feedback threads because people are demanding an explanation. It's more like, 80 days until this disaster goes live. Will BLIZ change their mind and do something, or not?
    I'd love to be on the beta, because I honestly think it might be the only thing that makes me willing to drop money on any Blizzard product, let alone WoW again. They claimed that WoD was a success, even though it chased off half of their subs in the first six months (who knows how many more really since they decided to up and stop reporting their sub numbers and also rolled their earnings into total instead of separate) so I need more than just their word that Legion is good, because their words carries less weight than a feather on Pluto.

A lot of it looks good. That said I've learned to be reserved when it comes to trusting what Blizzard says prior to the actual release. They don't really communicate what they WANT to do and what they WILL do properly. So you often end up with misconceptions about what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    They claimed that WoD was a success, even though it chased off half of their subs in the first six months
    based on box sales alone, it was a huge success - subscriber numbers are unimportant now that their main sources of wow related income are box sales + store purchases

i try not to get too excited when the game is still so far away. I don't enjoy the waiting part of being hyped, so when it's closer i'll be more excited.

7+ Year Old Account
    Very Anxious.

None of those fit me. I'm not "hyped" but I want to play it. I will likely level all 32 artifacts to full. I will play it extensively. I will likely enjoy the story. In general, I like the talent/artifact-spec system. The "pruning" is once again minor and I am glad they "did" it. (As the pruning for a lot of specs is just putting those things into talents so they pick them up, anyway.) I even like the lack of a squish even though I was for it. Generally, genuinely, I expect a good time.

I am not hyped after the 10 months since it was announced. I am not that specific kind of insane.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    Beta is really disapointing, this interview doesnt adress any issue all of beta players are talking about for weeks

I've not lost hope yet, but soon

Preordered but not sure to play
    REALLY? What are you finding "diaspointing?"
    Its crazy to hear that from some one talking about the actual expansion, as everyone I've played with or talked to in videos is in love.

The big complaint with the beta is of course the crazy bugs, but surely you aren't listing that in a thread about hype for the expansion?

This expansion has really delivered on all the major issues there were with WoD, so I think you should give it another shot.
    You really aren't a fan of WoW if you aren't at least some what excited after getting to 110.
    There is just soooo much amazing stuff to do at launch!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Probably why they said 7.1 will be on the ptr when legion goes live they are going to have to be ready to make big changes fast to try to fix the trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    based on box sales alone, it was a huge success - subscriber numbers are unimportant now that their main sources of wow related income are box sales + store purchases
    Oh, I totally agree. From a profit standpoint, yeah WoD was a success. In terms of customer satisfaction or quality though, it would have had to try really hard to been worse. At the end of the day though, as long as Blizzard is making money, it seems like that's all they care about now, which is just a damn shame.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    There is just soooo much amazing stuff to do at launch!
    That's the thing though, there really isn't anything much at launch that hasn't always been there for every expansion. It's nice that it's there, but launch and life of the game are two massively different things. WoD launch was fine, drew in a lot of customers, and they had some stuff to do. Within 6 months though, their subs were down to half, and judging by the server pops of today, they're completely in the garbage currently. So yeah, it's fine if there's a fair amount of stuff to do at launch, but unless they keep up the content train, the expansion as a whole is pretty much a flop.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2016-06-11 at 01:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't resist clicking "maximum hype," even though I'm more realistically feeling the second option.

Its my money and i wanna use it now!

"But you can preorder"

Its my game and i want it now!

"You bought a license to play the game"

Its my hype and wanna play it now!

As a Beta tester and primarily a PvPer..... my current hype level parallels the amount of PvP related discussion we got from any of those dev interviews, combined with the amount of comprehensive PvP adjustments that have been made on during the beta.....

Or in other words, my hype level is ZERO.