Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What they need to do is a collection game for current Gen systems and PC.

Remastered Morrowind could be the selling point, but then include ports of Oblivion and Skyrim as well.

Basically they should pull a Master Chief Collection...though I doubt they will
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems kinda soon don't it? I would rather see a new Morrowind.

I never played Oblivion since it wouldn't work on my computer for reasons unknown. It would just crash randomly.

I am all for a remaster on ps4 even more so if it gets mod support.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nope - A "delightful" part of Skyrim's "terrific" story, was the complete pointless DLC's with stories that no one wanted, instead of DLC's with stories that people *actually* wanted, like the Thalmor, like some sort of reaction to the assassination of the Emperor,- really just ANYTHING even remotely imporant, but nope - vampires and Cthulhu-dragon priests in Morrowind 2.0.
    Dawnguard was pretty good up until the anticlimactic ending. Dragonborn was actually pretty epic. It was just VERY disappointing that we do nothing against the Thalmor and they'll likely be dealt with between games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Did I say anything about the making? I didn't...I spoke of the funds. Whether handled in-house or not....that money could be spent elsewhere....like what I stated above.
    Oh yea? What is the money going to be spent on? A indy studio known for remasters isn't going to start making a full on Elder Scrolls game. There are studios like Bluepoint and Nixxes who ONLY port and remaster games, and they're actually very small teams and don't cost much money at all.

So where would you rather that money go again? Why do you care what Bethesda is spending money on? Some small scale indy game? Because that is what it costs to remaster/port games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Dawnguard was pretty good up until the anticlimactic ending. Dragonborn was actually pretty epic. It was just VERY disappointing that we do nothing against the Thalmor and they'll likely be dealt with between games.
    If the rumor is true, I am curious what they plan on doing with this remastered edition. While its not common for new content to come out for a game that gets remastered, maybe theyll decide to include new DLC this time around since they admitted they cut the cord too short for Skyrim's DLC lineup to work on another project.

Maybe (damn well hopefully) if they DO add new DLC, dealing with the Thalmor would be included in it, maybe a quick visit to the Imperial City to snuff them out of Cyrodiil?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny people are excited. It's literally them reshipping Skyrim onto Ps4/XB1 with upgrades that PC mods will do better/ for a far longer time, and will probably charge full price.
    Man I feel bad for non-pc users who suffer through this BS time after time.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

No more remasters. I want elder scrolls 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Oh yea? What is the money going to be spent on? A indy studio known for remasters isn't going to start making a full on Elder Scrolls game. There are studios like Bluepoint and Nixxes who ONLY port and remaster games, and they're actually very small teams and don't cost much money at all.

So where would you rather that money go again? Why do you care what Bethesda is spending money on? Some small scale indy game? Because that is what it costs to remaster/port games.
    My lord are you dense. Smaller language is needed it seems.

They no spend money on remaster. They spend money on new game. No remaster....NO REMASTER. Save remaster money for new game. Make better new game.

Savvy?
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Why not Morrowind? That game could genuinely do with an engine overhaul.
    They can't steal HD textures and mod ideas from Morrowind PC modders.

Remaster Fallout 3 and new vegas on 4 engine please.

Skyrim could look 1000x more hi-res, and it still wouldn't be any more fun to play than the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    My lord are you dense. Smaller language is needed it seems.

They no spend money on remaster. They spend money on new game. No remaster....NO REMASTER. Save remaster money for new game. Make better new game.

Savvy?
    The remaster is not taking money away from NEW GAMES.

The point seems to be completely floating over your head and you're calling someone dense?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The remaster is not taking money away from NEW GAMES.

The point seems to be completely floating over your head and you're calling someone dense?
    On top of that, the remaster could EARN money FOR new games.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Not-Happening

Sorry guys, Morrowind isn't happening again, Pete Hines himself said no while basically saying with the way they made Skyrim anyone coming fresh off that game into Morrowind would be confused. Which is pretty true from my own experience but still.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Not-Happening

Sorry guys, Morrowind isn't happening again, Pete Hines himself said no while basically saying with the way they made Skyrim anyone coming fresh off that game into Morrowind would be confused. Which is pretty true from my own experience but still.
    That's an awful excuse. Mother fucker should have just said "because we don't want to".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Wonder what they intend to remaster. If its just a new coat of paint then I agree that mods already take care of that. On the other hand if they redo gameplay then I might be interested.

I love (like most people) the look of Skyrim. The lore and world building they do is amazing. The way they handle gameplay though... yikes. Compared to the way wow handles gameplay, since this is a wow site, Bethesda games play like a Commodore 64. Its almost anachronistic to be honest. Final Fantasy games also suffers from this issue, in my opinion.
    Skyrim handled more than fine for its gameplay, did it need some better animation and fluidity in combat? sure.

Now if you were arguing that the game felt rigid in its movement and animation paradigm I can agree here. But to say that WoW of all games actually has a more engaging gameplay experience? The game where combat is literally numbers on the screen? The same game that has little to no environmental interaction with the closest thing to physics being the falling aspect of the engine? That's just being disingenuous.

One thing I really hope they redo is the UI aspect of the game, and definitely uGridstoLoad LoD enhancements so half the game isnt a blurry mess 100 meters away from render distance.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of a remaster when you can just mod skyrim to look better than current new games on ultra settings

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading the things people say about this sometimes. Like "Oblivion wouldn't appeal to the same people Skyrim did" or things like that when Skyrim basically is Oblivion with a new continent, better graphics, and a lesser story as far as most of the guilds go. Sure they swapped up a few things related to your progression when leveling certain skills and such but in the end it doesn't actually have that big of an impact. Skyrim might have been marketed better and the story from the outside looking in may have been more appealing to more people but when you actually sit down and play them both they're virtually the same thing. Oblivion would be better imo if it was created at the same time and wasn't so dated looking.

I really wish we could get a real remake of Morrowind. The depth is really starting to suffer in newer Bethesda FO/ES games even though the worlds look better and better
    Last edited by Erolian; 2016-06-11 at 04:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zarzer View Post
    I hope they atleast include co-op. I'd still give a limp for co-op elder scrolls :<
    Elder Scrolls Online is out there
    You're a towel.