Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I have on my lap a world of warcraft vanilla game guide with a huge amount of data on wow vanilla. So assuming independent publishers were able to save most of these data and not blizzard, is, to say the least, unbelievable.

Especially when there are a lot of RPG players at blizzard, they know the way the game is designed on paper has as much value as the technical side of the game (eg the video game).
    Yep, you really dont like being told your wrong. Live that neckbeard dream, dude. I won't waste time trying to explain rational things to the irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    I will never understand the amount of people coming in here just to feverishly apply as many arguments as they can to put down legacy servers. It's sad.

Fact of the matter is, they are more likely now than they have ever been. The legacy server community should absolutely be thrilled and continue to show them they have a sizable fan-base to cater to.
    Obviously you didn't read the most recent interview about it. It is fine you support legacy servers but not everyone wants them. You can ignore the reasons we provide if you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Yep, you really dont like being told your wrong. Live that neckbeard dream, dude. I won't waste time trying to explain rational things to the irrational.
    Are you saying I m inventing the data I have on my lap ?

I can tell you rank 5 of pyroblast dealt 407 to 515 damage and 156 damage in 12 sec, and did cost 45 silver to learn at the PNJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I disagree. I've seen Molten Core to Blackwing Lair videos and it looked piss easy. Naxx however looked insanely challenging and fun. The early 40 man raids were fun because it was 40 people but in no way do they look challenging. Mechanic wise the game is harder today.
    The validity of your argument is completely nullified by the fact that you base it on having seen videos of it (most likely kill videos aswell, not showing the 100+ attempts it took to get there).

I wouldn't say raids are easier or harder these days, but the content outside of raids definitely required more work/time put into it to get at the same point of progression as you do these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Obviously you didn't read the most recent interview about it. It is fine you support legacy servers but not everyone wants them. You can ignore the reasons we provide if you want.
    The fact that you don't want them is irrelevant. Show me the exact part of this interview where we are supposed to lose all hope for legacy. I'll wait.

The fact that you don't want them is irrelevant. Show me the exact part of this interview where we are supposed to lose all hope for legacy. I'll wait.
    *raises an eyebrow* Do I need to help you learn how to read? I'll wait while you go learn for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Your butthurt is your problem. Your wild unrealistic expectations for data retention for video game design are your problems. And, your neckbeard anger and snotty comments won't magically make the data appear on their desks in Irvine.

But please, continue with your tantrum, you're in good company with the other childish posters in this thread who refuse to accept reality and don't like being told they're wrong.
    Nice Ad Hominem. Calling someone a neckbeard, butthurt or snotty doesn't really make your argument any more valid.
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Nice Ad Hominem. Calling someone a neckbeard, butthurt or snotty doesn't really make your argument any more valid.
    The insults aside his argument is valid. If you don't want to take what Blizzard said in their most recent interview at face value then that is on you. People are clinging so hard to whatever sliver of hope they can for these stupid Legacy servers.

*raises an eyebrow* Do I need to help you learn how to read? I'll wait while you go learn for yourself.
    You said made the claim that the most recent interview contains the evidence, therefore you must provide it or forfeit the argument.

- - - Updated - - -

The insults aside his argument is valid. If you don't want to take what Blizzard said in their most recent interview at face value then that is on you. People are clinging so hard to whatever sliver of hope they can for these stupid Legacy servers.
    There is always a chance, however small, simply because a company can change their philosophy.
    Wether they still have the data or not is really not up to discussion. They're a company that has a product. Ofcourse they still have their data.
    In some cases a company is required to keep data for legal purposes.

Chilton's comments on the legacy topic seem extremely vague to me but instead of resorting to, the all too familiar, childish insults perhaps you could please point out the part of the interview where he said "no" to legacy servers?

You forgot to tip your fedora.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Chilton's comments on the legacy topic seem extremely vague to me but instead of resorting to, the all too familiar, childish insults perhaps you could please point out the part of the interview where he said "no" to legacy servers?
    Like I said people will cling to hope until they get that direct no in the face. That means once the no happens they give up right? Oh wait they wouldn't do that either. The interview simply pointed out the hurdles involved and shows how unlikely they are to happen in the near future.

Quote: "Yeah, and we certainly hold onto hope that some day we’ll be able to do that." Does that mean a Blizzcon 2016 announcement is happening? Some of the people in this thread sure think so.

Quote: "In the past, there was no archiving of older data. So while we have the capability of doing that now, and in more recent years when we make changes we can ‘version’ the data, we didn’t have that back in 2004. And so as data changed, we effectively lost that stuff to history. And so we would have to go back and try to reverse-engineer it ourselves." Reverse-engineering sounds like quite the time investment, making it seem far less likely than Blizzcon 2016.

Keep on believing what you want, that interview basically crushed the Kern/Nost stuff that just happened and Blizz gave their side on things. You don't want to believe it, that is fine. Source: http://kotaku.com/blizzard-talks-wor...mor-1781753136

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You said made the claim that the most recent interview contains the evidence, therefore you must provide it or forfeit the argument.

- - - Updated - - -

There is always a chance, however small, simply because a company can change their philosophy.
    Wether they still have the data or not is really not up to discussion. They're a company that has a product. Ofcourse they still have their data.
    In some cases a company is required to keep data for legal purposes.
    The data IS up for discussion, because I just linked you what you wanted to see, the evidence. You choose not to believe Blizz and that is fine. Won't change what they say because you don't believe them. They have some data but not all of it. Period.

It's amusing how you continue to construe your opinion as some kind of reality. It's so arrogant yet not surprising in the least on this website.

You forgot to tip your fedora.
    And you forgot to go read the interview.

I wouldn't say the most recent interview said "no", as they did say they'd like to do it. However, I do think it revealed, in more detail than what the Nost "developers" put out, just some of the hurdles that they are facing.

Personally, I don't want legacy servers to be developed any time soon. However, there has been more positive talk (possible PR) from Blizz about them recently, so I could see them as a possibility after a SEVERAL YEARS long re-development cycle.

It's amusing how you continue to construe your opinion as some kind of reality. It's so arrogant yet not surprising in the least on this website.
    Personal attacks are cute. This is not opinion it is a fact. I do not care if you like it or not.

It's amusing how you continue to toss your opinion as some kind of reality. It's so arrogant yet not surprising in the least. The difference between what I just said and what you just said is I linked you the interview again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    I wouldn't say the most recent interview said "no", as they did say they'd like to do it. However, I do think it revealed, in more detail than what the Nost "developers" put out, just some of the hurdles that they are facing.

Personally, I don't want legacy servers to be developed any time soon. However, there has been more positive talk (possible PR) from Blizz about them recently, so I could see them as a possibility after a SEVERAL YEARS long re-development cycle.
    All the interview did was put into more detail the challenges faced in developing legacy servers officially. People have known it would be a challenge for weeks, maybe months by now. I don't know why that would ever deter anyone form continuing to show Blizzard the support for legacy servers.

They didn't say no, that is for sure. But it is like you say, it looks like something that is much farther off than people want to accept. After the Kern and Nost meetings the Legacy crowd was all hype and thinking they were getting their servers right away. After this interview the other half of the Nost/Kern meetings is now known.

All the interview did was put into more detail the challenges faced in developing legacy servers officially. People have known it would be a challenge for weeks, maybe months by now. I don't know why that would ever deter anyone form continuing to show Blizzard the support for legacy servers.
    And those of us that don't want them to be made from continuing to try to dissuade Blizzard from doing so.

Then you haven't been reading this thread very long. Go back a few pages or a few hundred pages and you'll see the same thing. People assuming it is just some plug and play and BAM instant Legacy servers.

- - - Updated - - -

And those of us that don't want them to be made from continuing to try to dissuade Blizzard from doing so.
    Exactly. I still think it would open a can of worms about people demanding bug fixes, class balancing, TBC servers, WotLK servers, QoL changes. And if those Legacy servers flop which I expect them to do after the nostalgia wears off in short period then it could harm retail WoW and divert money from the game. Legacy might speed the downfall of WoW and that is a risk I'd rather not see Blizz take.