Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Which was made clear by how Trump referred to McCain. The author didn't need to drag in 4 irrelevant points to try to prove something that was summed up in the first point. All it did was distract from his initial point by trying to lump in irrelevant data as proof of Trump hating veterans.
    How would that help the author's argument? What possible reason would he have for not explaining his position fully with multiple points?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Have you been following the case? You really don't need any bias to see that Trump University was basically a giant scam.
    And it probably was. I'm familiar with bits and pieces of it. Bias doesn't always come in the form of "guilty" and "not guilty", but also intensity and severity, which can be quite huge. I'm not defending why he's there, I'm just saying what he said in terms of unbiased judgement is probably not farfetched, that's it.

This is the problem. I say one thing like "it's not really racist, it's probably true" and people come back with "but look, he really is kind of sleezy". Okay, sure, one of his businesses was... not so good, granted. But that's not what I'm trying to debate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Are you implying that the entire BLM movement are criminals?
    Doing my best to quote only the me parts here.

No, in fact nothing in what I said even implied that, what I said was the assumption of the black lives matter movement was inherently false by your own admission.
    That just because a handful of people (in this case primarily black men) get judges who are hard on them, the system has no duty to ensure that they get judges who aren't biased or "favors" them.

How would that help the author's argument? What possible reason would he have for not explaining his position fully with multiple points?
    Right now it feels like a kid writing a paper for high school that's supposed to be 5 pages, but he finished up his point at the end of page 2 and is filling it with filler.

Those points don't do anything to help is argument, they distract from it. They're nonsense and irrelevant to his overall point. They don't explain his position at all. All it explains why he, personally, doesn't like Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    And it probably was. I'm familiar with bits and pieces of it. Bias doesn't always come in the form of "guilty" and "not guilty", but also intensity and severity, which can be quite huge. I'm not defending why he's there, I'm just saying what he said in terms of unbiased judgement is probably not farfetched, that's it.

This is the problem. I say one thing like "it's not really racist, it's probably true" and people come back with "but look, he really is kind of sleezy". Okay, sure, one of his businesses was... not so good, granted. But that's not what I'm trying to debate here.
    It's irrelevant how true or not true it is. The facts are pretty heavy against him and the University already. He is just trying to squirm his way out of having to deal with any blow back. In fact he probably doesn't want the judge to reccuse himself so if the ruling is against the University he can just scream about how it's all because of the judge being a racist.

Even if the judge had a pro-Trump bias, the case would still be a loss because anything else would defy belief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guchie View Post
    Doing my best to quote only the me parts here.

No, in fact nothing in what I said even implied that, what I said was the assumption of the black lives matter movement was inherently false by your own admission.
    That just because a handful of people (in this case primarily black men) get judges who are hard on them, the system has no duty to ensure that they get judges who aren't biased or "favors" them.
    So you are resorting to straw man arguments now.

Most judges would not recuse themselves because a racist thinks they hate them.
    You people crack me up. How many times do we have to say this, "Illegal Immigrants and Muslims are not a race"

I mean, if you guys wants to turn this place into the EU by all means, move to Europe, I'm sure you'd love the cultural enrichment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Right now it feels like a kid writing a paper for high school that's supposed to be 5 pages, but he finished up his point at the end of page 2 and is filling it with filler.

Those points don't do anything to help is argument, they distract from it. They're nonsense and irrelevant to his overall point. They don't explain his position at all. All it explains why he, personally, doesn't like Trump.
    You didn't read it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people crack me up. How many times do we have to say this, "Illegal Immigrants and Muslims are not a race"

I mean, if you guys wants to turn this place into the EU by all means, move to Europe, I'm sure you'd love the cultural enrichment.
    Nit picking doesn't really help your case.

So you are resorting to straw man arguments now.
    And I see you stopped arguing, I'll take that as a white flag if you want, See the problem is you can't apply your own logically evenly across the board, you have to quantify and define it in special cases to fit your narrative of the world view. Judge isn't biased against Trump, but the system is heavily biased against young black men.

But it's ok, most peoples logic doesn't hold up when it comes to feelings, so no hard ways k mate?

For the record, the system is biased, and it's ok to admit it. It might be biased against Trump but there isn't enough evidence to really know factually, but no harm in questioning it.

You didn't read it then.
    I did read it. I don't understand how any of the points past number 1 are specifically related to veterans and not people in general.

It's irrelevant how true or not true it is. The facts are pretty heavy against him and the University already. He is just trying to squirm his way out of having to deal with any blow back. In fact he probably doesn't want the judge to reccuse himself so if the ruling is against the University he can just scream about how it's all because of the judge being a racist.

Even if the judge had a pro-Trump bias, the case would still be a loss because anything else would defy belief.
    It's not irrelevant when a court turnout can affect your ability to become the President, a campaign race in which much of the opposing side's case against him has been built on racism. It's very relevant. Like I said, it has nothing to do with "guilty" and "not guilty", a ruling means absolutely everything right now, it's very important. It's like saying the Clinton's e-mail turnout wouldn't matter right now. It very much so does matter. He can't run while in prison, afaik...

Personally, I wish we were left out of politics.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Nit picking doesn't really help your case.
    I'm not sure if quoting Trump is really nitpicking, you heard him say "I hate overcooked pasta" and assumed he hated all pasta ever made.

But please, continue.

10+ Year Old Account

And then the pro-Trump judge would be accused of bias and get taken off the trial, while a new, "even more pro-Trump" judge would take over. And the process will repeat ad infinitum until he exhausts everyone's patience and gets a free pass.

- - - Updated - - -

And I see you stopped arguing, I'll take that as a white flag if you want, See the problem is you can't apply your own logically evenly across the board, you have to quantify and define it in special cases to fit your narrative of the world view. Judge isn't biased against Trump, but the system is heavily biased against young black men.

But it's ok, most peoples logic doesn't hold up when it comes to feelings, so no hard ways k mate?

For the record, the system is biased, and it's ok to admit it. It might be biased against Trump but there isn't enough evidence to really know factually, but no harm in questioning it.
    Another cluster of straw man arguments.

I have no reason to debate someone using logical fallacies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    It's not irrelevant when a court turnout can affect your ability to become the President, a campaign race in which much of the opposing side's case against him has been built on racism. It's very relevant. Like I said, it has nothing to do with "guilty" and "not guilty", a ruling means absolutely everything right now, it's very important. It's like saying the Clinton's e-mail turnout wouldn't matter right now. It very much so does matter. He can't run while in prison, afaik...
    You seemed to miss the part where I said the ruling is pretty much already a forgone conclusion at this point, and it's not like he'll be thrown in prison for this. A man like Trump wouldn't let this kind of stuff be directly tied to him in such a way as to actually effect his life in a really meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Personally, I wish we were left out of politics.
    I wish most people kept out of politics. Too much emotion in it for them, the amount of vitriol and hate they can have for someone they dont know is insane. You see it from both sides, people get deeply connected to their beliefs and they will fight with all the have to ensure their beliefs are right.

Our God in the US is our political party these days, and it's sad.

Someone that hates veterans and their service so much has no business being Commander-in-Chief. His whole persona is in direct opposition to all of the values that the military upholds.
    well Obama has been four 8 years so............
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I have no way to refute what you're saying without making myself look pro trump or anti black lives matter, so I'm going to say you are using logical fallacies. Check mate
    Hahaha watching you squirm is much better than I thought it would be. You leftists really love your denial dont you?

You seemed to miss the part where I said the ruling is pretty much already a forgone conclusion at this point, and it's not like he'll be thrown in prison for this. A man like Trump wouldn't let this kind of stuff be directly tied to him in such a way as to actually effect his life in a really meaningful way.
    Did he make this comment before or after it was a forgone conclusion? (Honest question.)