Poll: The most difficult OW hero to play?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Genji/Tracer

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of different kinds of difficult. There's difficult to play in general, difficult to pick up initially, or difficult to excel past average quality on.

For example, I see more good Genjis than I see good Zaryas or Zenyattas. This leads me to feel like (accurate or not), Genji might be harder to pick up initially but not too difficult to get good at once you get the hang of it, while Zarya and Zenyatta are harder to play really well.

I'm not particularly good at any of them, though, so take that with a grain of salt. I also am not sure I always agree with the difficulty rankings of heroes. For example, Lucio is ranked as "medium" I think, and he's one of the easiest heroes to play if you ask me.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I would say Genji is hard as a hero himself, but it's tough to judge a character by how hard they are when the game is so heavily team based.

Like, Genji is hard to play, but he's easy to accomplish things with, since he's able to easily go around solo and escape.

Mercy on the other hand, is ridiculously hard on that note if your team doesn't cooperate. Like, I feel like throwing my keyboard out the window when I see people with low HP not giving me line of sight WHEN THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO NOT SINCE THEY CLIMBED UP TO A SAFE SPOT AND LIKE THERE'S NO ENEMY TEAM AROUND WIDOWMAKER COME ON LET ME FLY UP TO YOUUU. Same in a way goes for Bastion, but at least Bastion can accomplish some things alone. Mercy is literally tied to her team, unlike Lucio or Zenyatta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I would say Genji is hard as a hero himself, but it's tough to judge a character by how hard they are when the game is so heavily team based.

Like, Genji is hard to play, but he's easy to accomplish things with, since he's able to easily go around solo and escape.

Mercy on the other hand, is ridiculously hard on that note if your team doesn't cooperate. Like, I feel like throwing my keyboard out the window when I see people with low HP not giving me line of sight WHEN THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO NOT SINCE THEY CLIMBED UP TO A SAFE SPOT AND LIKE THERE'S NO ENEMY TEAM AROUND WIDOWMAKER COME ON LET ME FLY UP TO YOUUU. Same in a way goes for Bastion, but at least Bastion can accomplish some things alone. Mercy is literally tied to her team, unlike Lucio or Zenyatta.
    Good lord, yes. Mercy is so much fun with a good team, but so frustrating when they all keep moving out of LoS of my healing stream and my wingsuit jump thingymajig.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Torbjorn is easier to play than Bastion. At least Bastion has some sort of damage drop off and has to aim on his own.
    Lol why are Torbjorn and Bastion even being mentioned in a thread called "The most difficult Overwatch hero to play"?

Zarya and Zenyatta

just can't get used to using zarias shield thingie
    Zenyatta's healing is weird, I can't use his discord orb for anything, and no movement / low health makes me die instantly
    I've no idea what to write here.

Tracer and Zarya probably for me .

Deleted
    Defo Zenyatta.

There are no takebacks, no second chances, no escapes. You have to play it cool and always keep your view wide open for everything going on, maintaining line of sight and finding your wounded roaming team-mates all the while being the biggest sniping target in the game.

Add to it his offensive mechanic of discord orbs, burst damage charges, and general sniping.. he's a fucking tough hero to get working for you and even then a flanker will only give you seconds of reaction time at best.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Give Bastion to the best player in the world and he will be a BEAST..
    But will he be a beast against equality skilled players, able to switch to counter him easily? He's not used in competitive that i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Retributive View Post
    But will he be a beast against equality skilled players, able to switch to counter him easily? He's not used in competitive that i've seen.
    He sees some usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    For example, I see more good Genjis than I see good Zaryas or Zenyattas. This leads me to feel like (accurate or not), Genji might be harder to pick up initially but not too difficult to get good at once you get the hang of it, while Zarya and Zenyatta are harder to play really well.
    Is she? I feel like I play a decent Zarya and it was pretty simple to get the hang of, while I die pretty much instantly on Zenyatta and I can't play Genji at all. Me attacking someone with Genji and dying in two seconds probably makes them laugh at how bad I am.

Zarya is just shield your teammates who are taking/going to be taking damage or need that life saving few seconds, shield yourself when taking damage or when you see that McCree running towards your face getting ready to try to stun you/Junkrat tire coming at you/Hanzo dragon you can't get out of the way of. Get high power, melt faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Is she? I feel like I play a decent Zarya and it was pretty simple to get the hang of, while I die pretty much instantly on Zenyatta and I can't play Genji at all. Me attacking someone with Genji and dying in two seconds probably makes them laugh at how bad I am.

Zarya is just shield your teammates who are taking/going to be taking damage or need that life saving few seconds, shield yourself when taking damage or when you see that McCree running towards your face getting ready to try to stun you/Junkrat tire coming at you/Hanzo dragon you can't get out of the way of. Get high power, melt faces.
    Hell if I know! Like I said, I am ass at all of them. That is just my impression based on people I've fought, PuGs on my team, and various comments I've heard.

I see a lot of useless Zaryas.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    To cap? Tracer then Zarya.

I'm going to put Reaper. It's actually quite hard to be an effective Reaper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Good lord, yes. Mercy is so much fun with a good team, but so frustrating when they all keep moving out of LoS of my healing stream and my wingsuit jump thingymajig.
    It's not always possible to know where your Mercy actually is. I play her a lot on defense, and sure, it's frustrating when an unreachable widow at low health refuses to take a step back so I can glide to her. But in a pug setting, I can totally understand that people don't expect me to be there. Just..somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genji with Hanzo and zenyetta being 2nd and 3rd, but maybe the fact hes my favourite character makes me say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le rarest Pepe View Post
    It's not always possible to know where your Mercy actually is. I play her a lot on defense, and sure, it's frustrating when an unreachable widow at low health refuses to take a step back so I can glide to her. But in a pug setting, I can totally understand that people don't expect me to be there. Just..somewhere.
    I'm mean I'm not necessarily blaming them. Just stating that it can get frustrating.
    Putin khuliyo

Wait why isn't noobastion on the list?
    j/k

Genji is quite hard but reflecting a reaper ultimate and blowing him up the other day made me giggle
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    for me, difficult to master would be Genji, difficult just to be useful with is widowmaker and hanzo.
    Really, in a game where everything higher than your legs is counted as a headshot and your hitbox is twice your body size you say it's difficult to be useful.

Widow and Hanzo can be useful, the problem is players always stick to said hero because they no risk and all reward.