7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    If $500M WW is what we need for a sequel, then we need something like:

- China with $250M
    - US with $50M
    - Rest of the world with $200M

It's possible. Not certain, but possible.
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...d=warcraft.htm

No way *rest of the world* will do 200m without counting China

Quote Originally Posted by Speedhoven View Post
    Source code is a movie targeted at the general audience, everyone can enjoy it. However, there are a lot of people who don't like fantasy or videogames. Think about most girls and women, old people and people who only like realistic movies. Most people I know under 40 years old would immediately discard any movie if there is even the slighest hint at not being realistic (someone with magic or superpowers, characters returning from the dead, aliens, monsters, etc).

- - - Updated - - -

Source Code was never supposed to get a sequel. Moon is actually going to get one, but not as a movie. Pacific Rim 2 is in developement and Batman Begins got two sequels. So I don't see why Warcraft shouldn't.
    And is Conjuring or Conjuring 2 really realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker02 View Post
    Blizz was like : Go on, guys, have your little illegal theme park, we do not lose sleep over this!

We gunna make money in your country one or the other way.
    Of that I have no doubt. Blizzard knows how to milk the crowd, especially the fanatical one. They also know where this movie would do well no matter what.

High numbers in China are the least exciting number to be honest.

I was little confused about few orc characters. Who was the blackhammer? was he who got corrupted after mak'gora with Durotan and who got killed by Lothar? Also, if he was blackhammer, why didnt he have the black molten armor from WoD? Who was the guy who freed Durotan from cage? If they were decided to kill Guldan why didnt they do that? Also after Guldan killed Durotan, if they saw Guldans "true nature" why didnt they just finish him there and continued to obey him?

Also, it wasnt like orcs didnt already know that Guldan was fucked up due to Fel magic, why it took this "mak'gora" to show orcs his nature?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SandMax View Post
    I was little confused about few orc characters. Who was the blackhammer? was he who got corrupted after mak'gora with Durotan and who got killed by Lothar? Also, if he was blackhammer, why didnt he have the black molten armor from WoD? Who was the guy who freed Durotan from cage? If they were decided to kill Guldan why didnt they do that? Also after Guldan killed Durotan, if they saw Guldans "true nature" why didnt they just finish him there and continued to obey him?

Also, it wasnt like orcs didnt already know that Guldan was fucked up due to Fel magic, why it took this "mak'gora" to show orcs his nature?
    Christ, but you don't have many brain cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentelan View Post
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...d=warcraft.htm

No way *rest of the world* will do 200m without counting China
    Hasn't opened in all markets yet and iss allready at 125m excluding china and US.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie is getting very positive reviews from actual audience members.
    80% of regular movie goers like the movie. Only 20% of critics like the movie.
    Is it just because critics are naturally narcissistic with next to zero integrity and will bash a product and throw on a clickbate title all in the name of their next paycheck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And yet they aren't really making any big money yet. I guess they're as clueless as ever.
    Not like Blizzard is doing this to make money. Perhaps in the long run, by attracting some people to play the game. But, if they end up coming out of this with a net 0 profit or deficit, they'll probably look at it as a good deal. They started off a movie franchise. It's not like Blizzard people aren't nerds over their own franchises.

- - - Updated - - -

What? That we don't go see movies just for visuals because we've seen plenty of good looking films?
    This is more good looking than any of the others. It's like saying Avatar wasn't worth seeing only because it was good-looking. Well, guess what, this is equally ground-breaking.

Going to be rough as the film isn't resonating with many non-fans.
    Not really true. Well, depending on what exactly you meant. But those that did go see the film liked it, among the non-fans. The problem is that many aren't going to see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Hasn't opened in all markets yet and iss allready at 125m excluding china and US.
    nope as box office pro updatedit made 105m$ without china.... that's bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Of that I have no doubt. Blizzard knows how to milk the crowd, especially the fanatical one. They also know where this movie would do well no matter what.

High numbers in China are the least exciting number to be honest.
    Numbers are generally not exciting, not to me, not to the general public.

Now what is more exciting is the possibility that a sequel would be much improved and have a better story.

That most of us can agree on.

And yet they aren't really making money in China from this.
    china is slowly becoming the biggest market in the film industry. i dont even know what you're on about the movie is doing great in china.

if companies werent making money why would marvel be so concerned about adding chinese elements to their films and have plans for an chinese hero for phase 4?

not to mention since warcraft is technically according to the chinese government a chinese film they get alot of special benefits, free marketing, looser terms on whats allowed and completely bypass the limit on the number of foreign films allowed to come to china since they are a chinese film.

in a couple years as china overshadows the domestic box office we will see more and more films aimed at china instead of the western market
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Is it just because critics are naturally narcissistic with next to zero integrity and will bash a product and throw on a clickbate title all in the name of their next paycheck?
    Yes.

Other critics, with actual integrity, will give it 5-6 out of 10. Some have. I praise those for actually doing their job.

They corrected the 24.4m estimate to 27m. Good to see an upward trend.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-06-12 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    The movie is getting very positive reviews from actual audience members.
    80% of regular movie goers like the movie. Only 20% of critics like the movie.
    To be fair it is actually closer to 68 to 70% without us homeboys giving 10s and 100% without even seeing the movie

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    BOM had it at 301m before the last update. Now your number is correct. Not really my fault.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2016-06-12 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    Per BOM numbers, $117M international without China.

Deleted
    To be fair it is actually closer to 68 to 70% without us homeboys giving 10s and 100% without even seeing the movie

hahaha
    As if Marvel, Dc or any other pre-existing franchise homeboys don't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    china is slowly becoming the biggest market in the film industry. i dont even know what you're on about the movie is doing great in china.

if companies werent making money why would marvel be so concerned about adding chinese elements to their films and have plans for an chinese hero for phase 4?

not to mention since warcraft is technically according to the chinese government a chinese film they get alot of special benefits, free marketing, looser terms on whats allowed and completely bypass the limit on the number of foreign films allowed to come to china since they are a chinese film.

in a couple years as china overshadows the domestic box office we will see more and more films aimed at china instead of the western market
    I can only say that adding a minor Chinese character won't do anything

If the movie is Marvel and includes cool characters and has a decent story it is going to be hit there.

Numbers are generally not exciting, not to me, not to the general public.

Now what is more exciting is the possibility that a sequel would be much improved and have a better story.

That most of us can agree on.
    Right. Numbers are not exciting. I mean, we can barely go a full page without bringing them up or talk of a sequel without also talking numbers.

People love numbers more than they realize especially so when talking movies. Some just like to dismiss them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    BOM had it at 301m before the last update. Now your number is correct. Not really my fault.
    They added from 301M another 10 and then it says 290...

- - - Updated - - -

How about we all calm down until those numbers are official tomorrow?
    Good idea, especially for me