Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The right to bear arms for a well-regulated militia.

Conservatives realllllllyyy love to ignore this really important second half of the 2nd amendment.
    Doesn't mean what you think it means but that has been covered in the gun control thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    The fact that you deem someone who has zero care in the world for trapping a rodent entering MY habitat and then letting it die after I threw it in the garbage a pyschopath is fucking insane dude, truly insane. Illogical I might add too considering you're thought is "if you don't plan on killing the animal, if it's still alive when you find it, don't even attempt to trap it just let it roam around your house until it leaves".
    I don't give two shits if you have zero care in the world. Plenty of people who abuse animals don't care about their victims... that doesn't make it right.

No, my thought is if you're going to kill an animal you trap, finish the fucking job and end its suffering. Do it properly instead of torturing it to death. People who torture animals are psychopaths.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Conservatives realllllllyyy love to ignore this really important second half of the 2nd amendment.
    You mean the first half that isn't a requirement statement? SCOTUS has already ruled that the first half of the amendment is why the second half is an inalienable right, not a restriction on the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yeah that guy is pretty stupid.
    Stupid? That was a criminal act. Blocking a door is already illegal when no one is inside shooting. Man, that makes my blood boil.

That the said militia is usally having more colonels than soldiers or that it's usually trying very hard to conspire against the US government (and failing badly) is lost of on some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why do people collect hundreds of shoes?
    There's a hell lotta shoe violence going on lately
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Being sober is not going to free you from the other, more dangerous distractions. You know, the darkness, panicking crowd and flashing lights.
    Your logic is a little off-the-wall. You're literally trying to say "don't bother calling the police if there's a gunman in a nightclub ever because they won't be able to do anything with all the darkness, panicking crowds and flashing lights".

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yes dude. That's the key word. At the range. Where the target is not firing back at you. Where there are not dozens of people trying to flee.
    Center mass is easy to hit without even aiming. Cops experience the same adrenaline dump. You can't train that out. Should cops not use guns now either? After all - their hit ratio is rediculously low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ok, so... judging by history, the US Government will take your guns and then fuck you over. Great, how exactly are you going to stop that from happening? I mean literally, there is so much stupidity in that argument... first, THE US Government being tyrannical is amusing at best... second, IF they want to fuck you over, why care about a 2nd amendment in the first place? third, IF they want to fuck you over, what do you think you could accomplish with a handgun vs. a drone strike? Or a tank? Or heck, just a Humvee with bulletproof glass. But let's assume the military is on your side, what do you think you can achieve the military couldn't better if you just stood over here, out of the way, thank you?

Seriously, what is the freaking point you're trying to make? Because with that argument, you look like a clown from all angles. I fail to see the serious logic behind that whole tyranny thing.
    To suggest that the US government is completely immune to corruption is naive. No government is an exception to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    That right says "shall not be infringed" - it does not say with a license or if the state decides I can.
    Yeah, that's why in the South, they let Blacks had guns, isn'it ?

Your logic is a little off-the-wall. You're literally trying to say "don't bother calling the police if there's a gunman in a nightclub ever because they won't be able to do anything with all the darkness, panicking crowds and flashing lights".
    Except, you know, the police have the ability to cut the power and have night vision equipment, something you do not.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    I don't give two shits if you have zero care in the world. Plenty of people who abuse animals don't care about their victims... that doesn't make it right.

No, my thought is if you're going to kill an animal you trap, finish the fucking job and end its suffering. Do it properly instead of torturing it to death. People who torture animals are psychopaths.
    Perhaps you misunderstood me? I don't trap animals to torture them. I trap animals to catch them, and then dispose of them.

That right says "shall not be infringed" - it does not say with a license or if the state decides I can.
    Regulation has been ruled to not be infringement. You can disagree, but you're legally wrong.

I come back 2 hours later and this thread has gone down the dark pathway of making this all about guns. Shocker

Center mass is easy to hit without even aiming. Cops experience the same adrenaline dump. You can't train that out. Should cops not use guns now either? After all - their hit ratio is rediculously low.
    i still want to know how you know that the average joe with a CCL has a higher hit ratio than cops

What would happen in such a scenario, btw ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    motorcyclists feel safer driving around no one because any random person in a car can swerve for no reason and kill them.

because you dont know this i know you didnt use to drive a motorcycle.

way to lie to try to prove a stupid point.
    Ah, clarification of a stupid point. If you feel unsafe riding a motorcycle... maybe you shouldn't. That would be why I stopped. Look at me, trying to impose common sense on those who lack it. This little analogy still has nothing to do with carrying a weapon. I feel safer carrying a gun or knife. If you don't, PLEASE don't. I wasn't talking to you, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Except, you know, the police have the ability to cut the power and have night vision equipment, something you do not.
    The shooting would be over by the time they even got the power company on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I said nothing over gun control. It's the usual suspects that claims that they would have shot the guy dead with their own gun they carry all the time or how Obama is going to steal their guns.
    I'm just amazed that the main topic seems to be "guns".

When I'm from a country where they're actually banned, and muslims radicals have no problem murdering jews, gays or simply people they dont like.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually it's "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed" which is actually genuinely ambiguous.

Don't get me wrong I want all guns to go away in the U.S. as much as the next sound minded guy, but misquoting things will not help the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, we could go back and forth for hours on this.

That is not what anyone is saying here. Do you know why the police/SWAT don't just storm the building and start firing rounds?