Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any known info on Legion Mage Hidden Artifact appearances? (Or guesses?)

Every spec has 1 model variation (the 6th in the calculators) which are for the most part extremely well hidden. For instance, Disc priests have to collect 12 books to make theirs which are in places as varied as a rare in Azsuna, Naxxramas and New Hearthglen in Northrend.

I have not heard as of yet any info about the Mage ones. The vanity texts on the items you use to unlock them seem to be hints of where they are. Though Mage ones aren't super helpful.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13955...mancers-charge Arcane

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=139559/the-stars-design Fire (this is the only one with a good hint IMO)

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13956...urning-crystal Frost.

If you care to search for these on beta, you want to carry along an outlaw rogue as well because their find treasure ability works on other class' hidden tomes if they are lootable out in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Check frostfire ridge for the frost one
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Did notice http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=109782/arcanist-doralin this guy being caried around in Suramar on my rogue. Maybe he drops fire Mage one?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Check frostfire ridge for the frost one
    If you have any theories about where in FFR it possibly could be I'd be glad to take a look on beta. I am searching around it, but not finding anything atm. Though its obviously a massive zone.
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will most likely be tied to achievements in the 1st unknown raid.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Did notice http://legion.wowhead.com/npc=109782/arcanist-doralin this guy being caried around in Suramar on my rogue. Maybe he drops fire Mage one?

- - - Updated - - -

If you have any theories about where in FFR it possibly could be I'd be glad to take a look on beta. I am searching around it, but not finding anything atm. Though its obviously a massive zone.
    The problem is, do we even know if it's implemented? The item is there, but the means to get it may not be.

By the way, I don't think it can be anywhere else except Frostfire Ridge, since even the style of the artifact perfectly resembles the zone's aesthetic.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    The problem is, do we even know if it's implemented? The item is there, but the means to get it may not be.

By the way, I don't think it can be anywhere else except Frostfire Ridge, since even the style of the artifact perfectly resembles the zone's aesthetic.
    They're tied to achievements now for the most part. I highly doubt that FFR will play a part whatsoever in this. It's gonna be from new raids, new dungeons, new world achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    They're tied to achievements now for the most part. I highly doubt that FFR will play a part whatsoever in this. It's gonna be from new raids, new dungeons, new world achievements
    Except for the fact that the Disc Priest hidden artifact books are found in places such as Scholomance, Naxx, Scarlet Halls and New Hearthglen.

That opens up literally any place that it could be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post

We don't but Blizz certainly never will tell us when it's implemented and other ones certainly are implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Where? Never saw a single achievement for the 6th, hidden artifact variant, let most of them.

There is definitely no achievement for the 6th, hidden, skin considering when you get one you get a FoS for unlocking it. (BM Hunter hidden skin is from engineering vendor in Dalaran so was easy to test out).

It's intended to be a treasure hunt.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I was aware of absolutely none of that. I just assumed since the first 4 are tied to achievements and in game action, the rest would be. Now I'll have to go hunting

The 5th tier appearance appearance, which also doesn't show up Ingame, I'm assuming is nyi or for a future patch (my guess is that tier is for like mythic raid bosses and glad title) as only T6 is a hidden one in the truer sense of the word.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=14133...s=610#comments For reference for what you are possibly looking for, here's random locations of the disc priest one. Not all hidden appearances are from places like that (eg resto shaman is from Eye of Azshara and MM Hunter from rep) but it's certainly a possibility.

Deleted
    The 5th tier appearance appearance, which also doesn't show up Ingame, I'm assuming is nyi or for a future patch (my guess is that tier is for like mythic raid bosses and glad title) as only T6 is a hidden one in the truer sense of the word.
    I really hope you are terribly wrong here. Not saying that it's not possible, but all other appearances can be worked towards by anyone, locking a row of the btter looking ones behind content that only 1% of the player base has access to seems really out of place when compared to all the other appearances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    really out of place when compared to all the other appearances.
    They can easily do it. The game is full of stuff that can't be obtained easily, PvE mounts and achievements, PvP achievements. They just said that you can't get all the available pets either unless you run the class halls required.

I don't think the appearance looks much like Frostfire Ridge, FFR was snow split by volcanic rock and lava. This is burning ice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    They can easily do it. The game is full of stuff that can't be obtained easily, PvE mounts and achievements, PvP achievements. They just said that you can't get all the available pets either unless you run the class halls required.
    I didn't say they couldn't do it, jus that I think that it'd look out of place compared to all the other appearance acquisitions and I'd personally be very bummed out about it since many of my artifact look choices would be the 5th row but I am neither a high end mythic raider, nor a high end PvPer.

I mean ... I also don't do Archaelogy but if I wanted to, I could still get that artifact look by working towards it.

It's not unlikely that mythic raiding will reward an artifact look, but seeing as there are 4 in each row, It'd be quite the middle finger if all 4 were restricted to mythic raiding for example.

If it actually is anything like that, I hope they make the 5th appearance an "End end game" row where you can get one from mythic raids, one from mythic dungeons, one from 2200+ rating (or sth) and one from .. I dunno ... max level world quests or having all profession recipes at max or something...
    But locking the entire row of "these are the most awesome looking ones" behind content that literally only 1% of the players do would be kind of a dick move. Not unthinkable, but dick'ish. Imo

Deleted
    I didn't say they couldn't do it, jus that I think that it'd look out of place compared to all the other appearance acquisitions and I'd personally be very bummed out about it since many of my artifact look choices would be the 5th row but I am neither a high end mythic raider, nor a high end PvPer.
    I believe they have appearances already tied to end game PvPing so for me it's already hard core, or at least potentially hard core to unlock them all.

I believe in general we are entering a psychological issue area because completism is understandable but sometimes it gets out of hand.

I think that ironically one of the skills one could develop about this game is to just not care about achievements he doesn't enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I believe they have appearances already tied to end game PvPing so for me it's already hard core, or at least potentially hard core to unlock them all.

I believe in general we are entering a psychological issue area because completism is understandable but sometimes it gets out of hand.

I think that ironically one of the skills one could develop about this game is to just not care about achievements he doesn't enjoy.
    I'm not a completionist. Basically every single artifact only has one skin line that I think looks decent. With how few options there are, I'd be kind of bummed if I couldn't pursue the single one I like most. That is all.
    Last edited by mmoccdde410f5d; 2016-06-13 at 07:11 PM.

I really hope you are terribly wrong here. Not saying that it's not possible, but all other appearances can be worked towards by anyone, locking a row of the btter looking ones behind content that only 1% of the player base has access to seems really out of place when compared to all the other appearances.
    See: 2 million gold spider mount.

Deleted
    See: 2 million gold spider mount.
    If I wanted that, I could surely work towards it. Also that's 1 of several hundred possible mount skins vs 4 of 24 artifact skins.

Again, I can totally see them doing it. But I would be very disappointed as the fifth row is in many cases (Hunter!) the best looking one.

Luckily I will main my (fire) mage and to me the standard skin is the best looking one

It sucks for me that none of my guildies enjoy exploring otherwise I'd pay them 2 mil gold to find out how you get the Fire Mage hidden artifact. The Stars Design.