Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    You think these guys are bad at interviews? You should check out Bajheera at the arena championships.

Then you'll know the true definition of 'bad.'

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Not to defend streamers or anything, but would you honestly get a 'real job' when you can make tons of money playing your favourite video games? 'Cause I surely wouldn't.
    If that was my only source of income I'd be pretty depressed about it. If I'm being honest. I hold myself to much higher standards in real life. My hobbies/interests are side things. And it's my belief that they should stay that way for everyone. Society needs people to contribute. Streaming isn't contribution. It's essentially stealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    If that was my only source of income I'd be pretty depressed about it. If I'm being honest. I hold myself to much higher standards in real life. My hobbies/interests are side things. And it's my belief that they should stay that way for everyone. Society needs people to contribute. Streaming isn't contribution. It's essentially stealing.
    I think you should change your avi, away from a main/side characters of an Anime to one of these half-assed drawn most liekly-blank faced and generic hairstyle ones in the background, that just contribute to the scene by blending into it and making it seem as a more alive-background to the story that actually matters. just to support your statement there.

Plus, taking your argument one step with thought, by providing alot of content to watch for others as their hobbies/feeding their interests, those people are just as much a contribution to the society as Movie or tv Actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    I tend to take rda's posts with big grain of salt For good reasons I think.

Thing is, these guys are not just streamers, they are WoW dedicated journalists, more or less professional, but exactly that.

How is this a waste of time I wonder? We got a lot of things confirmed and we didn't spend a second to obtain it, other than reading it, which we'd have to do anyway.
    I think you will find there is quite the divide between your average streamer and a "dedicated", professional journalist.

Not to say they have had the greatest role-models in the gaming industry based on the last few years but there is very, VERY few I would see approaching the matter like a professional journalist and not a mouthpiece for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Torais; 2016-06-13 at 12:46 AM.

And before you ask, I am an Army veteran, and now a Cardiac RN. So I have a "real life" and find pretentious BS criticism like yours to be alternately funny and pathetic. And I find Rob entertaining, so I dont mind giving him a few bucks to show my appreciation, and I cannot understand out why people like you seem to hate that so much.

Stealing? Kak are you that stupid... wow, just... wow. What do YOU do for a living - and have you gotten out of your mom's basement yet? Rob is an entertainer, and as long as he is entertaining and informative, people are willing to pay him money. Why does that upset you so much, jealous perhaps that someone gets to make money doing something they enjoy? I am fortunate to have my job and my passion for saving lives matched well. Maybe you should look at a career change yourself if you are this unhappy and have walls up between parts of your life that force you into cringeworthy idiocy like you posted there.
    Last edited by Murdabenne; 2016-06-13 at 01:02 AM.

As for the matter at hand, my biggest disappointment is the fact NONE of the streamers had the balls to ask what is devil is going on with the PvP situation. No new world PvP area and no new BGs which is quite inexcusable since we have not had a new BG since Mists of frigging Pandaria. Then you have the beta testing itself which for the first time in the history of the game has made me want to cancel my preorder for a WoW expansion. PvP is virtually unplayable right now thanks to the situation with Rogues and especially Blood DKs. Meanwhile nothing has been done to remedy this is in over a month on top of absolutely zero communication from the developers during this period.

Of course, none of the streamers/"interviewers" want to touch on this matter because they are all frightened about biting the hand that feeds them. I am not saying they needed to kick the doors in like the U.S Marshals but not one of them had the balls to ask something like "So the state of PvP on the beta right now is something I am sure you didn't expect. Can we hope for a damage pass or some correspondence from Holinka (or whoever) sometime soon?". As a result, the general sentiment is the PvP issue is being swept under the rug and Friday's display at play-journalism was an attempt at a smoke screen pertaining to that.

Granted, I admittedly am coming from a purely an active PvPer's standpoint but I rather leave issues the PvE fanbase may have to someone more qualified.

Bet your a dull fucker irl.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I had 15 minutes and I had a group of questions from myself and my community that we wanted answers for. We got those answers and we were happy with them.
    Noone ask for prepatch date?

Blizzard should get rid streamers of from company stuff. Atm its looking like mutually advantageous terms. Blizzard give you a ton of advertising, streamrs give them ton of good reviews. This thread show it. Same with curse app.
    Last edited by Aleaa; 2016-06-13 at 01:07 AM.

so what was it ? :3
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    so what was it ? :3
    The dev interviews on the front page.

At least you admitted it. People that stream to make money are a joke. Get a job.
    So streamers like Towelliee, Lirik, Soda, Cohn and the others all need to get a job?
    What do you think they do now, collect benefits? Live of mom and dad?
    These guys make more money then most people do.
    If say a Lirik has 20k subs that means he walks away with 10k minimum each month and Soda sweet jesus he gets more donations then the salvation army on top of his subs.

You may not like it or resent their good fortune but thats you and for every person that says to them go get a real job they have a 1000 subs that say we want more.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    Noone ask for prepatch date?

Blizzard should get rid streamers of from company stuff. Atm its looking like mutually advantageous terms. Blizzard give you a ton of advertising, streamrs give them ton of good reviews. This thread show it. Same with curse app.
    Not to mention early access to the party to begin with.

I still literally laughed out loud when I read Celestalon lamenting on how so much beta feedback was full of hyperbole while being flooded with was replies along the lines of "Well duh, you filled it full of streamers who make a living off hyberbole." Blizzard's betas haven't been about actual beta testing since the end of the WotLK-era and all about marketing ever since. It's sad how easy it is for those outside of the WoW community to see this but so hard for us to actually accept.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can say the same thing about anyone who broadcasts/hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    So streamers like Towelliee, Lirik, Soda, Cohn and the others all need to get a job?
    What do you think they do now, collect benefits? Live of mom and dad?
    These guys make more money then most people do.
    If say a Lirik has 20k subs that means he walks away with 10k minimum each month and Soda sweet jesus he gets more donations then the salvation army on top of his subs.

You may not like it or resent their good fortune but thats you and for every person that says to them go get a real job they have a 1000 subs that say we want more.
    What's funny is people who say 'Steaming isn't a job, get a real job!' don't realize how mirrored they are to the last generation of 'Music isn't a job, get a job!' and before then to 'Talk radio isn't a job, get a job!' and so on so on. It's something that you have to work to do, with a consistent amount of time put towards it, to gain income. Pretty much by definition that's a job.

Business as usual:

MMOC posters sinking to new lows in their quests to defame streamers.

They provided an avenue to get information out there. If that isn't enough for you people, frankly, nothing ever will be.

(No, I do not sub to anyone either. Thank you.)

Edit: I see those big time sites offering Interviews asked some REAL "hardball" questions there too. But those streamers though. Oh god, totally should be ashamed, amirite?
    Last edited by artaxix; 2016-06-13 at 02:43 AM.

I'm really interested in your opinion on athletes, sport coaches, actors, musicians, and other entertainment workers in general. Hell, put in game dev into that, I mean if you're not finding the cure for cancer or saving lives you're not contributing right?

Entertainment comes in several shapes and forms. Just because you don't like a particular brand of entertainment, doesn't mean you're right in saying that these people don't "contribute" to society, whatever the hell that means.

You do realize for a huge swath of people, their hobbies and interests are their greatest passion and they strive to turn it into their careers, right?

I'm sorry your life is fuckin' miserable mate. Please know there's a ton of resources out there as far as mental health help goes.

While I don't hold streamers in the high regard the rest of the fanboys here seemingly do I am quite certain that the millions a lirik makes would help even you over your depression.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree that betas have become more marketing than testing. Its not just wow. Look at all the games that get released that need day one patches because the developer missed huge glaring bugs that got reported to them.

As far as streamers go, they've managed to turn their passion into a career. Achieving that through a hobby is actually quite admirable. Are some of them jerks? Yes. And I don't watch their videos. Plain and simple.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

my prediction for legion's cycle:

Two tiers, not three. They will delay the second raid after the first one so it looks like they had 3 tiers. The 7.1 mega dung will be revamped karazhan. Expansion ends in 7.2.

Next expansion still takes +12 months, and they'll again pull up some lame excuse about it taking that long.