Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    Sargeras took care of opening the way into Azeroth (as Medivh), while Kil'jaeden kickstarted the Draenei genocide and coerced the Orcs into drinking the blood (or accepting the Fel empowerment in the movie) for the conquest of Azeroth.
    Which is a super weird plan when you think about it. Why did the legion use the orcs as a proxy, which proved to be unreliable, instead of sending its own army like they did in the WotA and they are doing right now in Legion? And wasn't there a more simple way to convince some strong sorcerers to open a portal for them than sending away Sargeras' soul himself for years into a mortal body, like, again, they did in the WotA and they are doing in Legion?
    Last edited by mmoc121f221165; 2016-06-11 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Aww man that would be awesome. But i dont think the movie is going that deep into thre lore. :/
    i'm not so sure, James Waugh was mentioning at the summit that the creative dev team was really hands on with the movie, ensuring a lot of the detail and lore, effects etc going in were faithful to the universe properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    Which is a super weird plan when you think about it. Why did the legion use the orcs as a proxy, which proved to be unreliable, instead of sending its own army like they did in the WotA and they are doing right now in Legion? And wasn't there a more simple way to convince some strong sorcerers to open a portal for them than sending away Sargeras' soul himself for years into a mortal body, like, again, they did in the WotA and they are doing in Legion?
    I don't know man... It doesn't make much sense, unless they actually opened portals and attack Azeroth simultaneously while the Horde proved as a diversion. Which they didn't.

Deleted
    I don't think there will be BL in the movie universe. At least not until we see Anduin Wrynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    I don't think there will be BL in the movie universe. At least not until we see Anduin Wrynn.
    So by the third movie then? Gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    Sargeras took care of opening the way into Azeroth (as Medivh), while Kil'jaeden kickstarted the Draenei genocide and coerced the Orcs into drinking the blood (or accepting the Fel empowerment in the movie) for the conquest of Azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    The orcs weren't intended to attack Azeroth. They were corrupted just for Kil'jaeden to get his revenge on Velen and the Draenei. The Legion didn't give a shit about Draenor. Kil'jaeden abandoned the orcs as soon as he felt his revenge was complete. The orcs were left to rot for months before Sargeras bothered to contact them.

And it was a good idea to use orcs to invade. The Horde crushed Stormwind. It would have destroyed Lordaeron and the Alliance if Doomhammer didn't send a big chunk of the Horde to chase down Gul'dan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    And it was a good idea to use orcs to invade. The Horde crushed Stormwind. It would have destroyed Lordaeron and the Alliance if Doomhammer didn't send a big chunk of the Horde to chase down Gul'dan.
    Archimonde destroyed an entire city by playing with sand. I still think the regular legion army would have done the same job, but better and without risk of divisions.

Or at least send the orcs and the legion, like Zoibert mentioned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That's Alodi. She's an ancient Guardian who's contained/imprisoned/preserved inside the cube.

In the game-verse, Alodi was a half-elf dude, first Guardian of Tirisfal.
    i thought the Cube was made by Alodi but the Female inside was Aegwynn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    i thought the Cube was made by Alodi but the Female inside was Aegwynn?
    No. The woman inside is Alodi. The Kirin Tor don't know she's in there, all they know is the cube, which they call Alodi.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Because Xavius looks like Sargeras.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

Horns - check
    Beard - check
    Bulging muscles - check
    Clawlike fingernails - check.
    Tainted skin colour - check.

All-in-all, they both look like your classic Biblical demon.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    IDK why you would use a non-canon pic from the RPG when there are plenty of canon ones.
    Sargeras has wings, Xavius doesn't.
    Sargeras doesn't really have a beard, it's fire.

I'm pretty sure the demon Garona heard was just the fel version of Medivh. The question is, is the fel version of Medivh just a corrupted Medivh, or is it something more? I think his demon form was more or less a corrupted version of himself (like Gul'dan's spikes), but that doesn't mean he wasn't acting as someone's avatar in that form (since he wasn't remembering it anyway). I'd guess that the existence of the Burning Legion as the true masters of the fel will be a major revelation in a future movie (at least for the characters).

On that note, I'd be willing to guess that next movie ends with Gul'dan losing support of the Horde and fleeing to his masters, similar to the events of our Second War. I don't think he'll be torn apart at the Tomb of Sargeras though, but instead turned into the Lich King. Ner'zhul was not in the movie, and from what I understand, not in the prequel novel either. I think his role will be rolled into Gul'dan's, since they're honestly pretty similar. Despite Ner'zhul meaning well, he was the first to sell the Horde out, and got turned evil right after trying to redeem himself anyway. It'd be a lot simpler to have that just be Gul'dan, who also sold his people out and was evil all along. Also, they made a big deal about the fel always having a price, but no one really paid yet (Medivh succumbed to it, but he wasn't trying to use it). However, I'd expect his death to be relatively vague, depending on whether or not they want to fully reveal his masters yet, and his rebirth as the Lich King to not be revealed until later.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Medivh's demon form reminds me a lot of this old art of "The Deceiver".
    https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...everMetzen.jpg
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-06-14 at 12:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    It seems as though they have merged both Mannoroth and Gul'dan into one character for the movies, therefore I suspect they'll do the same with Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras.
    oh god I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I'm pretty sure the demon Garona heard was just the fel version of Medivh. The question is, is the fel version of Medivh just a corrupted Medivh, or is it something more? I think his demon form was more or less a corrupted version of himself (like Gul'dan's spikes), but that doesn't mean he wasn't acting as someone's avatar in that form (since he wasn't remembering it anyway). I'd guess that the existence of the Burning Legion as the true masters of the fel will be a major revelation in a future movie (at least for the characters).

On that note, I'd be willing to guess that next movie ends with Gul'dan losing support of the Horde and fleeing to his masters, similar to the events of our Second War. I don't think he'll be torn apart at the Tomb of Sargeras though, but instead turned into the Lich King. Ner'zhul was not in the movie, and from what I understand, not in the prequel novel either. I think his role will be rolled into Gul'dan's, since they're honestly pretty similar. Despite Ner'zhul meaning well, he was the first to sell the Horde out, and got turned evil right after trying to redeem himself anyway. It'd be a lot simpler to have that just be Gul'dan, who also sold his people out and was evil all along. Also, they made a big deal about the fel always having a price, but no one really paid yet (Medivh succumbed to it, but he wasn't trying to use it). However, I'd expect his death to be relatively vague, depending on whether or not they want to fully reveal his masters yet, and his rebirth as the Lich King to not be revealed until later.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Medivh's demon form reminds me a lot of this old art of "The Deceiver".
    https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...everMetzen.jpg
    I think this is the most plausible. I just saw it for a second time and of all the Warlords, I could not reasonably determine if Ner'zhul was present. Kargath, Kilrogg, Blackhand, Durotan, Gul'dan, Grom: all there. There are plenty of Shadowmoon Orcs, but none I could identify is being Ner'zhul.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn