Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    They made a research for this? Are you kidding me? What a fucking waste of money. I wish my wife was bringing the money going to work everyday. Funny thing is with all the work I am still better at cooking and cleaning. God I wish I could stay home. Would be the happiest man.

10+ Year Old Account
    People take pride and joy in their families all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, if I could just stay home and work on stuff that only relates to my home, my family, my life, an so on...god, I'd be the happiest person ever. I don't mind household chores or cooking or yard work or any of that stuff, because it's me working for my/my family.

Anyone complaining about it likely has simply never actually held down a job in their life and just has no perspective on the topic.
    True that, and trust me I love my job so much. Can't imagine any other job for myself but still house is the number 1 I would like to do. I simply love it.

i would not be opposed to a dependo-potamus... i get pretty stir crazy rattling around my home.

Yeah id say that there is a difference between being able to afford to stay at home with the kids and not being able to afford it, in which case the happiness may come from something other than the job itself, like no financial stress or not having to juggle work AND children, so its not a very useful survey

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Don't worry, my offspring are already telling you and your offspring what to do.
    I guarantee you they arent.

Its a shame that having kids has become a status symbol for selfish parents. I never understood people who have kids when they both work. Raising kids requires fulltime work itself. This is why kids are so fucked up today.
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

10+ Year Old Account
    It's The Daily Mail.... do I even need to click on the link and contribute to their cause to know that it's a study that they did not cite and are absolutely butchering for the sole purpose of getting people like Xarim to click on it? Seriously, people need to find it in themselves to filter out this garbage, or at least look for a better source on a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    It's The Daily Mail.... do I even need to click on the link and contribute to their cause to know that it's a study that they did not cite and are absolutely butchering for the sole purpose of getting people like Xarim to click on it? Seriously, people need to find it in themselves to filter out this garbage, or at least look for a better source on a story.
    aka I dont agree with the results so I attack the messenger

https://www.lv.com/about-us/press/ar...-job-in-the-uk
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Who would have thought that for a mother staying home and seeing the kids grow up would be more satisfying than standing on a factory lane (insert any other job).

Deleted
    ?

I mean this is a survey and surveys can be quite suspect, but a lot of this stuff has come up in multiple studies:

"The findings reinforce the results of large-scale research on well-being carried out by the Office for National Statistics, which has shown that stay-at-home mothers believe their lives are more worthwhile than their counterparts in work.

Government surveys have also shown that more than a third of mothers who go out to work would like to give up their jobs and stay at home with their children."

Also, attacking the messenger, uncool, especially for a mod - even though I appreciate the notoriety

I'm sure they are. I would swap places with my wife and be the stay at home if she could find a job that pulls in equivalent to what I make. Talk about the life.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    ?

I mean this is a survey and surveys can be quite suspect, but a lot of this stuff has come up in multiple studies:

"The findings reinforce the results of large-scale research on well-being carried out by the Office for National Statistics, which has shown that stay-at-home mothers believe their lives are more worthwhile than their counterparts in work.

Government surveys have also shown that more than a third of mothers who go out to work would like to give up their jobs and stay at home with their children."

Also, attacking the messenger, uncool, especially for a mod - even though I appreciate the notoriety
    So.... link the survey itself. Don't link a site that exists by grossly hyperbolizing and outright lying to get people who are passionate about particular topics to get them to contribute to their viewer count. All it really does is contribute to confirmation bias. Unless, based on the Daily Mail article, you can tell me specifically which questions were done, the selection criteria for the survey, the models utilized, and other such details? The information necessary to actually understand what the survey was and how valid and applicable it was?

If calling out a profoundly shitty source is "attacking the messenger," I suggest pulling yourself away from confirmation bias and taking a look at where you're getting your information from.

Deleted
    So.... link the survey itself. Don't link a site that exists by grossly hyperbolizing and outright lying to get people who are passionate about particular topics to get them to contribute to their viewer count. All it really does is contribute to confirmation bias. Unless, based on the Daily Mail article, you can tell me specifically which questions were done, the selection criteria for the survey, the models utilized, and other such details? The information necessary to actually understand what the survey was and how valid and applicable it was?

If calling out a profoundly shitty source is "attacking the messenger," I suggest pulling yourself away from confirmation bias and taking a look at where you're getting your information from.
    Again, the same burden of proof should apply to CNN and HuffPo, but we're happy linking their survey stats here

This isn't exactly an academic website, I linked a newspaper article from as valid a source as any clickbaity news site out there - which is all of them

If you want to debunk it go deeper into the study as I have done when debunking the pay gap myth