The bible, atleast the new testament, is the word of relative of Jesus christ writting on his life, that's it.
    The Quran is an angel appearing to muhamad and telling him "Sup fam, write this"

That's the difference between "infaillible" and "direct".

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Why not both? Radical ideology mixed with a country that has hundreds of millions of easily accessibly firearms. Seems like a bad combination.
    Paris did not have "hundreds of millions of easily accessibly firearms". Easy access won't stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Catholicism was and continues to be the dominant form of Christianity since its inception. None of the forms of Christianity that predate Catholicism survived.
    what lol? wrong omg so wrong. Judaeo Christianity survived and is one of the most popular religions in the world. separate from Catholicism. the belief in Judaeo Christianity PRE-DATES Catholicism. Catholicism went on its own in around 300 ad.

furthermore, modern day Christianity =/= Catholicism. not even close. its like comparing apples to leer jets. ask any catholic or modern day christian.

you cant lump all religions together. its like i said earlier, not all who believe in islam are radical islamists. they dont classify themselves as all islam. they make sure and tell you which sect or branch because THEY ARE DIFFERENT!

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-13 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Oh im sorry I didn't read all 94 pages
    how dare you...
    back to the start, chop chop.
    Come back when you're done. Be warned, we're going to test you
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Guns are the problem, if it wasn't for them he would have just used his suicide vest, then there would be no deaths
    There might have been fewer deaths. He would have killed people for sure. Also if you can't get guns its quite hard to make your own bombs. He could very likely have failed to detonate. Either way, if he blew him self up he can't kill anymore people than those caught up in the initial blast. With a rifle with lots of ammo, you get a huge killing spree. In any case he was most likely determined to kill people. so with or with out guns he was going to hurt people.

The question is, did he get his guns lawfully or not?

The way I see it, there are so many guns in America being produced and so readily available. That he could get them illegally on the cheap that no amount of gun laws would work. It would take decades to take the existing weapons out of circulation if the US suddenly outlawed gun usage. So I don't see how the call to do more regulation will stop people like this carrying out attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Paris did not have "hundreds of millions of easily accessibly firearms". Easy access won't stop them.
    This is where the goalpost gets moved to "frequency" of attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    The bible, atleast the new testament, is the word of relative of Jesus christ writting on his life, that's it.
    The Quran is an angel appearing to muhamad and telling him "Sup fam, write this"

That's the difference between "infaillible" and "direct".
    ...No, no it is not. Jesus was the living avatar of God. His word is literally the word of God. "Infallible" means the unerring word of God, as related by Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    what lol? wrong omg so wrong. Judaeo Christianity survived and is one of the most popular religions in the world. separate from Catholicism. the belief in Judaeo Christianity PRE-DATES Catholicism. Catholicism went on its own in around 300 ad.
    Judeo-Christianity is not a real thing. Judeo-Christian means Jews and Christians.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Oh damn guys, I just seen Clinton said she was willing to call the attack "radical islamism". At least she's a peg up on obama.

Mateen had a 4 year criminal studies degree from what I understand. He must've applied to law enforcement agencies. I'm wondering if he failed their psych eval part of the test.

Being a security job usually doesn't pay nearly as well as being a cop. And he was like a security guard for a gated neighborhood, hardly a very classy gig.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    My take, outlawing guns will never solve this issue.

Bad guys will get them , no matter what laws are on the books, .. would having stricter laws have stopped this. we will never know, its all political now. but honestly you cant say it would or would not have. just that in other countries where they have super strict gun laws, its does not solve the problem.

The problem is, when you have laws that protect law biding people, you will have wack-o-s that slip thru the crack. their is a risk , anyway you spin it.

I personally feel that since u can not 100% make sure it wont happen means its not worth it. all you do is make more people an un-armed target. had anyone in that bar been armed with a conceal carry, I would bet things would have been different, ..

Serving my country, shooting while being shot at.. is 100% different, its not like the movies, even for someone trained , to someone like this idiot, im pretty sure he would have wet his pants and ran and the outcome would have been far less people dead. .. but you allow the wacko to know that NO one has a gun, and its free for all.. its like , a video game.. either way u run a risk, i just know, i rather fight back than to cower in a corner waiting for my turn in the spray of bullets to die...
    Last edited by nacixems; 2016-06-13 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    It would take decades to take the existing weapons out of circulation if the US suddenly outlawed gun usage.
    Hey, I'm with you pal. Why even try?

More toddlers with guns is always the right answer, anyway.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Oh damn guys, I just seen Clinton said she was willing to call the attack "radical islamism". At least she's a peg up on obama.
    Dont you miss the 80s and early 90s when radical was a cool thing? Like the taliban? They took the word radical with them!

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I agree. It started in 1492.
    Some scholars say even earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    its really not.

do you believe only one form of islam exists? that would be about the same parallel...
    It really is.

And I did not say Catholicism is the only form of Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Much easier to murder people when they've been talked shit about and dehumanized. Funny how that works, isn't it?
    Actually if they were deshumanized they wouldnt be allowed to have nights club, or even openly show off their sexual preference and that would make them much harder to target and kill.

But we do have this thing called freedom that make infidels-hunting much more easier than in saudi-arabia or pre 2011 Syria. Funny how that work ? Actually I'm not laughing one bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renathras View Post
    Even were that true, most of those people campaign against the edges of LGBT. They aren't campaigning against RIGHTS - using a bathroom or even getting married aren't "rights".
    Sorry, you lost me right there.

YOu are seriously claiming that getting married is not a right? That its ok to discriminate based on sexuality.....for fucks sake, what century do you come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    ...No, no it is not. Jesus was the living avatar of God. His word is literally the word of God. "Infallible" means the unerring word of God, as related by Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Judeo-Christianity is not a real thing. Judeo-Christian means Jews and Christians.
    are you being obtuse on purpose or are you just this ignorant of biblical history? if its the latter, i suggest piping down since you obviously have no clue what you are saying here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    My take, outlawing guns will never solve this issue. Bad guys will get them , no matter what laws are on the books, .. would having stricter laws have stopped this. we will never know, its all political now. but honestly you cant say it would or would not have. just that in other countries where they have super strict gun laws, its does not solve the problem. the difference here is the "right to bear arms" was ment to protect us from our own gov. from taking over our homes and imposing an unjust will on people. the problem is, when you have laws that protect law biding people, you will have wack-o-s that slip thru the crack. their is a risk , anyway you spin it. i personally feel that since u can not 100% make sure it wont happen means its not worth it. all you do is make more people an un-armed target. had anyone in that bar been armed with a conceal carry, I would bet things would have been different, .. serving my country, shooting while being shot at.. is 100% different, its not like the movies, even for someone trained , to someone like this idiot, im pretty sure he would have wet his pants and ran and the outcome would have been far less people dead. .. but you allow the wacko to know that NO one has a gun, and its free for all.. its like , a video game.. either way u run a risk, i just know, i rather fight back than to cower in a corner waiting for my turn in the spray of bullets to die...
    The whole idea, and actual argument is about reducing. There is a reason countries with stricter control has less gun violence. I cant think of anyone advocating for a full ban. On this forum maybe (even then no one comes to mind for a full ban, its always more restrictions to get one), but in real life, nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Hey, I'm with you pal. Why even try?

More toddlers with guns is always the right answer, anyway.
    I'm down for tougher laws when guns are fired, as in "you're pulling this trigger or allowing someone to pull this trigger because you didn't have it in a safe/somewhere inaccesbile, you're liable now". So in your case, when the toddler does something with a gun, the parents are charged for being stupid as example.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Every region has its own cultural differences, and these are reflected by their religion. But the average western Christian isn't that much different as the average western Muslim. But still they both are Abrahamic religions following the same thing.
    Averages aren't the relevant point - outliers are. In this case, there's 50 people dead as a result of Islamic anti-gay bigotry and all the board equalists have to say about it is, "well, Christianity is bad too". This is fucking ridiculous. There are a few dozen Christians for every Muslim in the United States and yet the worst tragedy of this sort belongs to the smaller group; this isn't a coincidence that can be brushed off with platitudes about how they believe in the same God. One group has a propensity for slaughtering fellow citizens far more frequently than the other.