Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I disagree.

"Its for the children" has been the rally banner since the dawn of using kids as political pawns.

Time will tell, but as I said, personally I have my doubts that a bunch of gay dead people will trump a bunch of dead kids.
    I doubt it will change much. Gun control in America just won't work. Takes far too long and as far as I can tell the genie is well and truly out of the bottle.

Well its true and I am about as pro-gun as you get on these forums.

Just so we are clear (again) - it would have been wrong to enact additional legislation under the emotion duress of 20 dead kids. So with that said, nothing was done, so people really think 49 dead gays is going to be the magic ticket?
    The difference is it is "their month", they have a support group, they are considered a minority, they were already considered the "victim" and most importantly the have celebrities backing them up. The children id not have all this. They were everyday Americans. Hollywood will take it up as a "worthy cause". Even Democrats and liberals will talk about this during the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Let's be rational about this, shall we?

Obama's press conference yesterday, was in a sense very early on.
    It was absolutely correct from him to say what he said.
    Jumping the gun is worse than not mentioning a point that has yet to be confirmed by the authorities.
    And when Obama's statements were made, nothing was clear just yet.
    Some things are still not known today over 24 hours later.

He said, it's been an act of terror and hatred. And that's perfectly correct for that moment.
    Presidential candidates can say what they want. They don't have a responsibility, especially towards other leaders/nations.
    I'm unsure if you're trying to defend Obama, at which point I'd say "when has he ever called it radical [insert religion here]"?

If you think Hillary wouldn't have said that if she was president, that's an even bigger reason not to vote for her, no? At least Trump is consistent.

People will definitely rally around children much more easily than they'd rally around gays.
    There's thousands out there who are decrying this but conveniently forgetting that there's gay blood on their hands too.

So pretty much most people in this thread? haha! /flamesuit
    Lol, careful bud or you will be exiled to the WoW game forums like Tennisace.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I doubt it will change much. Gun control in America just won't work. Takes far too long and as far as I can tell the genie is well and truly out of the bottle.
    Well that and democrats really blew their wad with the 94-2004 assault weapons ban. It was a total embarrassment for the left and not enough time has passed for people to forget. Maybe in another 50 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Lol, careful bud or you will be exiled to the WoW game forums like Tennisace.
    Wait what? Did tennisballs get perma banned from gen-OT? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    That source says nothing at all about gunshot wounds in comparison, mine does.
    Sure, a gun is better if you are going on a mass killing spree, but it's mortality rate is from what I can see not higher. You'd be hard pressed to find a mass shooting with a higher number of dead than injured. I'm sure cases like that exist, but almost every major mass shooting has a higher rate of injuries than fatalities.
    The point which you missed, is that mass stabbings don't have as many dead. As it's easier to stop a knife wielding nut job than a gun wielding not job, and obviously the killer if he has enough ammo and a weapon with a good rate of fire can fire off a lot more shots. While stabbing someone requires you to chase them down and stab them. Thats the point I was trying to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that and democrats really blew their wad with the 94-2004 assault weapons ban. It was a total embarrassment for the left and not enough time has passed for people to forget. Maybe in another 50 years.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope now. I love Tenn threads. so much anger and hate. they could literally post how everyone gets 1 million bucks and people would still be angry!

Also Tenn is a deathknight!@

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    So he was interrogated by the FBI three times, and they found nothing substantive to hold him?
    Let's be very clear. This cock-sucker had flags galore. Several reports from co-workers about radical Islamic propaganda. Reports from coworkers that he was blatantly racist and homophobic. Reports that he was bi-polar. Reports that he beat his wife. Reports of violent angry outbursts. He was friends with an American that traveled to the Middle East to be a suicide bomber. Three FBI investigations.

And yet with all these flags, he was able to legally purchase firearms just a few days before the attack.

Yeah. We definitely need a much more comprehensive background check system for firearm purchases.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Except the left is not no guns. Its never been no guns by anyone with any power or authority. Even regular dems are simply for restrictions, not full bans. I mean maybe people on this forum are, but then again... its a forum.
    ill agree to an extent, but the idea of restriction (that has been suggested by political figures) is not realistically going to fix the problem. it in essence takes guns away from good folks. im all about keeping guns away from people that shouldnt have them, but there has to be a good way of doing it without taking away from good people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Then you either read wrong or you read something by someone like Bernie who doesn't know the difference between semi auto and full auto. You can't buy a full auto weapon.
    I'm sure they also only ever said "AR 15 style" whatever that means.
    But lets not forget that you can transform a AR 15 into an almost full auto. You cannot buy it that way, but the how to guides can be found in seconds.
    For correctness, the rifle is not yet properly described by officials. Everything remains speculative.

One report last night said, he ran into an off duty cop outside the venue, after gunning that guy down, he essentially forced his way into the building firing at everything that moved rapidly. Not sure whether that's how it happened. I believe CNN had that version reported.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

"One of the Caliphate's soldiers in America carried out a security invasion where he was able to enter a crusader gathering at a nightclub for homosexuals in Orlando, Florida ... where he killed and injured more than a hundred of them before he was killed."

-- ISIS

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    ill agree to an extent, but the idea of restriction (that has been suggested by political figures) is not realistically going to fix the problem. it in essence takes guns away from good folks. im all about keeping guns away from people that shouldnt have them, but there has to be a good way of doing it without taking away from good people
    Actually it might, there are a few too many examples of higher restrictions reducing gun violence. However there is also the odd argument of Switzerland.... people say they have tons of guns and low violence. It ignores that you kinda need to be in the military. Israel is also pretty strict, although due to the whole situation they are basically an outlier.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Let's be very clear. This cock-sucker had flags galore. Several reports from co-workers about radical Islamic propaganda. Reports from coworkers that he was blatantly racist and homophobic. Reports that he was bi-polar. Reports that he beat his wife. Reports of violent angry outbursts. He was friends with an American that traveled to the Middle East to be a suicide bomber. Three FBI investigations.

And yet with all these flags, he was able to legally purchase firearms just a few days before the attack.

Yeah. We definitely need a much more comprehensive background check system for firearm purchases.
    I'm not sure I understand this, he should have been flagged under current federal laws.

The domestic abuse alone prohibits someone from purchasing a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The point which you missed, is that mass stabbings don't have as many dead. As it's easier to stop a knife wielding nut job than a gun wielding not job, and obviously the killer if he has enough ammo and a weapon with a good rate of fire can fire off a lot more shots. While stabbing someone requires you to chase them down and stab them. Thats the point I was trying to make.
    If that's the point you are trying to make, then say that next time.

- - - Updated - - -

No idea if it's perma, but he's been all over general discussion on the official forums making threads and taking flames.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I understand this, he should have been flagged under current federal laws.

The domestic abuse alone prohibits someone from purchasing a firearm.
    my point is reinstated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    If that's the point you are trying to make, then say that next time.
    She probably did not report him. She may have felt she deserved it. Who know what these people think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'm unsure if you're trying to defend Obama, at which point I'd say "when has he ever called it radical [insert religion here]"?

If you think Hillary wouldn't have said that if she was president, that's an even bigger reason not to vote for her, no? At least Trump is consistent.
    Trump is consistent, but consistent wrong about it.

And do I defend Obama? You can say that. I defend the President, and his unique position of responsibility.
    It comes with the position, it comes with the responsibility of that position that the President must always be politically correct. Without any exception.
    Diplomatic fallout must be avoided, at all times.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    No idea if it's perma, but he's been all over general discussion on the official forums making threads and taking flames.
    Oh I see, yea she must be on a vacation from MMO-C.

Would be kind of awesome if MMO-C could just ban you based on sub forums. I know some other forums that do exactly this.