10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    No idea if it's perma, but he's been all over general discussion on the official forums making threads and taking flames.
    I love Tenn so much. And I love the bolded statement I am stealing it

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The believers in Biblical Inerrancy typically preach that when writing the Bible, the disciples (and other authors) were directly inhabited by the spirit, and by this means his direct word was recorded.
    Literally:

The idea that the Bible is the direct word of god really isn't a terrible uncommon one among fundamentalists, I don't know why you are trying so hard to deny this.
    Innerancy is much more complex than that, it go from "Nothing in the bible is a lie" to "Everything is what god wished to be written"
    So it's much more "Infaillible" than "direct" in its essence. And it's not widely believed.

I just dont understand why people are trying so hard to deny THE major difference between Islam and Christianity.
    At its core, it's even one of Islam founding principle, they recognize Jesus as the son of god, but consider the bible to be "falsified" and thus claim to offer a proper "update" with the direct, unaltered word of god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    ill agree to an extent, but the idea of restriction (that has been suggested by political figures) is not realistically going to fix the problem. it in essence takes guns away from good folks. im all about keeping guns away from people that shouldnt have them, but there has to be a good way of doing it without taking away from good people
    How does a thorough background search keep guns from good people? And lets be honest, any good person has the ability to make bad decisions whether out of fear, anger, paranoia, or hate.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this, he should have been flagged under current federal laws.

The domestic abuse alone prohibits someone from purchasing a firearm.
    No, under current federal laws, he shouldn't have been flagged. His criminal record was clean. Like I said, the system needs to be much more comprehensive.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    If that's the point you are trying to make, then say that next time.
    I did, but either it was not clear enough or you didn't understand. Apologies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    HE is saving his energy. TBH I am shocked he has not closed the thread already
    I heard that Trump stole one infinity gem from the gauntlet of infinite bans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    "One of the Caliphate's soldiers in America carried out a security invasion where he was able to enter a crusader gathering at a nightclub for homosexuals in Orlando, Florida ... where he killed and injured more than a hundred of them before he was killed."

-- ISIS
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7079721.html

From all we know by now, they're just trying to jump the bandwagon.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    How does a thorough background search keep guns from good people? And lets be honest, any good person has the ability to make bad decisions whether out of fear, anger, paranoia, or hate.
    And to add, no one is a "bad" person until they commit a "bad act".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Trump is consistent, but consistent wrong about it.

It comes with the position, it comes with the responsibility of that position that the President must always be politically correct. Without any exception.
    Diplomatic fallout must be avoided, at all times.
    I disagree with this. , we have become more about Politically correctness ... without exception than common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    No, under current federal laws, he shouldn't have been flagged. His criminal record was clean. Like I said, the system needs to be much more comprehensive.
    Did his wife not file charges?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7079721.html

From all we know by now, they're just trying to jump the bandwagon.
    Oh yeah, they are claiming credit after the fact.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    And to add, no one is a "bad" person until they commit a "bad act".
    Which pretty much makes it impossible to stop evil people from being evil.

Unless we progress to Minority Report levels of retardation and science, so it was and so it will forever be.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    I disagree with this. , we have become more about Politically correctness ... without exception than common sense.
    If you want common sense Trump would be the worst person for the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Which pretty much makes it impossible to stop evil people from being evil.

Unless we progress to Minority Report levels of retardation and science, so it was and so it will forever be.
    However, people look at mental health in other countries, bad people could have done some troubling things in the past, etc.

It seems to work elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope now. I love Tenn threads. so much anger and hate. they could literally post how everyone gets 1 million bucks and people would still be angry!

Also Tenn is a deathknight!@
    tennisace is my hero.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    tennisace is my hero.
    The hero we need and deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I did, but either it was not clear enough or you didn't understand. Apologies.
    Please don't try to imply it was my interpretation that was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You're more likely to survive a stabbing.
    There is absolutely no way for me to interpret this as "it is easier to survive a mass stabbing than a mass shooting." That literally says that you think it is easier to survive being stabbed than being shot, which according to the study I provided is incorrect.

I will not try to argue that it is easier to survive a mass shooting or a mass stabbing because I don't have data available for that, but I know a majority of shooting victims in mass shootings generally survive. Again, like in this exact case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    and she did it with a shitty little car. Imagine a solid pickup or SUV

4 Dead 44 maimed

http://fox59.com/2015/11/21/court-do...e-wasnt-drunk/
    If cars are so effective at killing people, why don't murderers buy cars? How come we have so many mass shootings and not very many people mass ramming others with their cars?
    Putin khuliyo

However, people look at mental health in other countries, bad people could have done some troubling things in the past, etc.

It seems to work elsewhere.
    I agree our mental health system is fucking stupid. However we start talking about that then the claims of "deflection" from guns start sprouting.

I love Tenn so much. And I love the bolded statement I am stealing it
    lol, my only gripe is every thread i've seen has been about the warcraft movie, where's the variety? The Overwatch forums can't go a couple hours without someone shit posting "overwatch needs more <minority> characters, blizz racist" and watch the thread vacuum everyone in.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...