Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    While I agree Banestalker, we shouldn't derail this thread when the OP explicitly wants to talk about other races. The High Elf discussion should be verboten here.

For example, do you have any opinion on playable Naga or playable Ogres?

What about playable Ogres for the Alliance. Sure, everyone expects them to be a Horde race but it could be an out of nowhere twist. And they could come from Ogrezonia!
    For real though, nothing ties ogres down to one faction, they are easy to sway. The only problem being neutral race issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    For real though, nothing ties ogres down to one faction, they are easy to sway. The only problem being neutral race issue.
    Well just about any race could have been worked in as neutral, that's not just an ogre thing, but thematically and historically they fit in much better with the Horde and would feel out of place in the alliance.

Are there actually enough people interested in playing an Ogre ? They are not really known for their intelligence or good looks.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    Are there actually enough people interested in playing an Ogre ? They are not really known for their intelligence or good looks.
    Blizzard planned to release them in Cata, but couldnt make a female model they were proud of, so they went with goblin instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

What about playable Ogres for the Alliance. Sure, everyone expects them to be a Horde race but it could be an out of nowhere twist. And they could come from Ogrezonia!
    Ogri'la Ogres would play well with Humans

15+ Year Old Account
    racial : select a critter and eat him whole, acts as food.

who doesn't love this?

Hyped for Murlock race. they add them in Hearthstone, have murlock hero in HOTS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Well just about any race could have been worked in as neutral, that's not just an ogre thing, but thematically and historically they fit in much better with the Horde and would feel out of place in the alliance.
    While I hate bringing this up...and I pray that nobody else elaborates on it...remember people said the same thing about High Elves on the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Ogri'la Ogres would play well with Humans
    I think Ogrezonia is more likely. We know it exists and, as an island, fit into a potential south seas expansion pack. Which would allow Naga for the Horde in some fashion (the Horde desperately needs a link to Queen Azshara that the Night Elves provide for the Alliance...and the Blood Elves are too far removed to really count).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quite clearly the only logical choice to be added to the Horde, is Sporelings!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine with the invasion of the Legion, its a prime opportunity for many of Azeroth's races
    to join with either Horde or Alliance. Seeing as how these two factions are the strongest and have
    the best chance to fight off/survive/possibly pull a victory, and it'd help their race's survival.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Blizzard planned to release them in Cata, but couldnt make a female model they were proud of, so they went with goblin instead.
    and it was better idea imo

- - - Updated - - -

I think after 12 pages of talking the best way of action is to add more features to the current races so we can make sub-races as we like, then they can add later new alien race we didn't contact with it till now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

While I hate bringing this up...and I pray that nobody else elaborates on it...remember people said the same thing about High Elves on the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Ogrezonia is more likely. We know it exists and, as an island, fit into a potential south seas expansion pack. Which would allow Naga for the Horde in some fashion (the Horde desperately needs a link to Queen Azshara that the Night Elves provide for the Alliance...and the Blood Elves are too far removed to really count).
    Yes but at the same time a bit part of that was to try and balance out the factions because the Alliance had a lot more players back then. So there's no need to do something like that with Ogres and the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance:
    Furbolgs
    Jinyu
    Dragonkin
    High elves
    Vrykul
    Ethereals

Horde:
    Saurok
    Ogres
    Tuskarr
    Arakkoa
    san layn

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, there is an overwhelming amount of want and need for ogres And ogres are very cunning.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the difference is more culturally than physically and I think most people select a race based on looks rather than culture. To me Furbolgs are mainly more feral then Pandaren. The current Furbolg groups all seem rather low-tech in terms of weapons and armor. If you consider a Furbolg in full plate armor with shield and sword would it still feel like a Furbolg ?
    Tauren's theme is that of a tribal race with nomadic lifestyle. yet they now have Paladins, and while lorewise they're Sunwalkers, but they now get to wear the holy armor of normal paladins, they can also become engineers and we see Tauren warriors wearing engineering goggles, using gliders and such.

Worgen can wear all sorts of armor and wield all sorts of weapons. there are also similar cases with other factions.

the whole point of playable Furbolg is actually this: getting to know other factions and mingle within their society. Furbolg have mostly lived in seclusion, away from other races. but they suffered the heaviest during the BL invasion of Azeroth, and they've just started to recover.

now, considering sometimes, important movements and social changes in history start when that society faces difficult times and undergoes often devastating changes, one of the reasons for Europe's empowerment of the labor force for example was the black plague, It wouldn't be too far fetched to consider the Furbolg, after suffering heavy damages from the BL corruption, decide to expand their knowledge of the world. In fact one of these Furbolg was seen during the WotLK, the druid who tried to help his kin in Grizzly Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Seregolas View Post
    Again there won't and should never be High elves as a playable race on the Alliance! There are not enough of them left anyway to become a playable race!
    Never say never

There aren't really any official numbers. Besides, Draenei were massacred on Argus. They were massacred on Draenor. Many died crash landing onto Azeroth. It doesn't really matter, especially since there's only one hero of this game (technically), and it's your 1 character. Multiple people playing High elves does not canonically mean there are that many High elves, or Blood elves would canonically be the most populous race in lore despite being only 9% of their original population (whatever that may be).

~~~~~

Anywhosers, I personally don't feel that Blizzard should be adding more official races to the game unless they're able to maintain consistent lore progression throughout expansions. However, for High elves or sub-races of some kind, put them on the store. Just make 'em an overlay of a specific race (High elves for Humans, Mag'har for Orcs, etc.), kind of like a permanent Orb of Sin'dorei trinket, but you're still recognized/flagged as (insert overlay race here) within quest text.

Otherwise, I can see Naga working out if they were a secretive resistance force finally able to escape the clutches of Azshara. When it comes to armor, female Trolls can't wear shoes, if I remember correctly. So, so what if Naga are unable to wear shoes AND pants? They're a great race and shouldn't be subject to implausibility on the basis of no shoes or shorts.

Ogres also must be added eventually. They're a classic staple Horde race, and there's nothing really wrong with their implementation other than the lack of female Ogres. I'm sure Blizzard could think up of a female model with some time . . .

The solution to female Ogres is simple: no female Ogres. Just lore into existence the fact that Ogres/Gronn spawn asexually, and that's why we've never seen any in all the games and raids and expansions we have seen ogres in.

Hell, they grow extra heads; they are obviously capable of mutation and fission.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    The solution to female Ogres is simple: no female Ogres. Just lore into existence the fact that Ogres/Gronn spawn asexually, and that's why we've never seen any in all the games and raids and expansions we have seen ogres in.

Hell, they grow extra heads; they are obviously capable of mutation and fission.
    What really ticks me off is why are female ogres some very touchy subject to begin with?

Besides, there was a jewelcrafting daily quest in Cataclysm that outright mentions female ogres.

I guess Vrykul's could be possible for Horde. That is if Sylvanus gets their Val'kyr, they might pledge themselves to her in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I would say Ogre, but I think WoD would've been the perfect opportunity to add them and they didn't, so I don't think they will in the future.
    BC was a time they had considered adding demon hunters, but they ended up waiting the greater part of a decade before doing so. Ogres are still a very possible addition.

I imagine part of the reason they weren't added in WoD is:

A) No friendly ogre faction on Draenor
    B) No Alliance counterpart (arrakoa notwithstanding, since they're neutral)
    C) Taking back as few AU races as possible

ogrila.org

In support of playable Neutral ogres since before Warcraft was even out of Vanilla Beta.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1