Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    There is no difference between doing 10 damage to a boss with 100 HP and 100,000 damage to a boss with 1,000,000 HP. (Easy numbers used on purpose)

You can not like the big numbers, but that IS NOT THE SOLE reason they are quitting.
    No, there is no difference FOR YOU. For some people it is a big issue. How about you learn to accept different people have different opinions, even if you feel they don't make sense to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    While I doubt it's any massive number, yes there are people who aren't coming back because they consider the numbers ridiculous.
    I have to giggle here.

"Guys, I love this game, it's awesome I am having the time of my life! wait, did I just crit for 200K? I can't play this game of magical creatures and beings and Dragons, because the damage I do is retarded to what I think it should be. Regardless of how perfect everything else is, that one thing alone is why I have to quit!" --no one ever 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I have to giggle here.

"Guys, I love this game, it's awesome I am having the time of my life! wait, did I just crit for 200K? I can't play this game of magical creatures and beings and Dragons, because the damage I do is retarded to what I think it should be. Regardless of how perfect everything else is, that one thing alone is why I have to quit!" --no one ever 2015
    Except they evidently don't love the game and think it's awesome due to the numbers getting out of hand. It's also not an 'immediate' thing (except when seeing new expansion numbers) as much as a feeling that it just slowly gets out of hand and the numbers lose meaning to them in a way they don't like.

But hey, continue to strawman and be dismissive just because you disagree. I disagree with it too, but it doesn't mean I pretend it doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The argument Blizz made back before WoD (separate from the technical justifications for the squish which no longer apply) is that it's difficult at a glance for people to tell apart numbers that are in the 7+ digit range. At a glance it's easy to spot the difference between 1000 and 10000, but 1000000 and 10000000 are a bit trickier.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Except they evidently don't love the game and think it's awesome due to the numbers getting out of hand. It's also not an 'immediate' thing (except when seeing new expansion numbers) as much as a feeling that it just slowly gets out of hand and the numbers lose meaning to them in a way they don't like.

But hey, continue to strawman and be dismissive just because you disagree. I disagree with it too, but it doesn't mean I pretend it doesn't exist.
    I'm not straw manning, but I am out right dismissing the notion that big numbers is the sole reason someone would quit playing any game. Every game ever made had things I didn't care for. But I can't think of a single aspect of a game that made me say "no matter how much I like everything else, I have to quit for this one minor thing"

I think the reality is, they didn't overly like the game or had lost interest in the game, and big numbers was the final straw. I'm not going to buy into we need a stat squish simply because people are quitting or not coming back to the game, because we do more than 10o damage with out attacks

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    One is coming in the expansion after Legion, this has already been stated.

From the front page interview summaries:

Another stat squish is coming in the expansion after Legion.
    Oh, so they are still planning on adding needless additions to the game as "features" when they are either easily preventable or entirely fixable.

Man, Blizzard is starting to be predictable with their bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    The argument Blizz made back before WoD (separate from the technical justifications for the squish which no longer apply) is that it's difficult at a glance for people to tell apart numbers that are in the 7+ digit range. At a glance it's easy to spot the difference between 1000 and 10000, but 1000000 and 10000000 are a bit trickier.
    Sure, if you're also talking about people that have had half their brain scooped out and the rest of it lobotomized. The rest of us humans in the fucking year 2016 can tell the difference between a million, a billion and a trillion at a glance. You don't need a degree in maths to fucking count.

That argument STILL doesn't hold up, lmao.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is when the damage ranges become huge. For example:

Vanilla: Top end dps was 350-400 dps with dps members in your raid doing about 200dps.
    TBC: Top end dps was 3500 dps (Warlocks) with members of your dps team doing 2000-2500 dps (Everyone else).
    WOD: Top end dps with ring doing 120-130k dps. With members of your dps with rings doing around 90-100k dps. People without rings are doing 40-60k dps.

So, you look now, you see that people with a ring don't seem to be pulling 90k dps and you sit them, assuming you can afford to do so. People without rings completed pretty much are in the auto-sit category if your raid team can afford to do it.

Now, picture after the first raid tier if one or two classes are doing 1 million dps and the rest are doing 800k dps. You will look at the 200k separation and say you need to sit those people and get more of the first class. It's the same 80% but the amount is pretty much automatic on decision making.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The retarded thing to do is be so concerned with numbers that you'd forsake the game over it... Relative power > all. It's no more retarded to hit for 1 million than it is to hit for 1k, as long as 1 million doesn't cause performance issues client side.
    Reading a longer nummber like 1 Mil or 1k is huge difference imo. thing is higher numbers make the game less readable. Right now in Legion beta I have no clue when people ARE hitting high? 10 k critts should feel HUGE compared to 1000000 hit on your screen is completely not needed and feel bad for the game.

Think about it, @Durotar

mage: Cool my fireball critts for 8 k now (not fully geared)
    hunter: Nice, I got a 7.5 k critt yesterday

Compare to:

mage: Cool my fireball critts for 87567
    hunter: Nice! i got a 77589 critt yesterday!

The top one feels so much more rewarding and any +2 int/strenght what ever felt cool cus it was a upgrade!
    were the bottom one just feels like yea.. lets just wait till I get full gear.. don't bother readin those random numbers.

Just to illustrate.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2016-06-13 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    They'll fix it next expansion.
    I wonder how they will deal with old content numbers though, because it feels completely broken to right click hit for 3M on old content and hit for 20k on current content.
    I'd suspect they would be squishing only nonsquished content. EG MOP, WOD, and legion would be squished to be linear along with the currently squished vanilla through cata. So everything that already has the scaling buff wouldn't be supersquished, it would just stay the same.

Deleted
    Dont see what the fuss is at the end of the day, Big numbers, Small numbers, who gives a monkeys?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I think the imperative word is "feel" - sorry, cannot follow your logic. A "+2 int/strenght what ever felt cool cus it was a upgrade! " and at a +20 upgrade it fails you? or +200?

Is that why people can not get enraged by tax evasion on a high level because they cannot grasp 20 million dollars but know that an immigrant should not have a 200 dollar mobile phone?
    Ok, listen the point is that the numbers on screen feel way to long and less readable then when ever a 8 k critt was a HUGE critt.
    Take my example and remember how you felt compared to now, where it now feels like it doesn't even matter imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    A thread squish seems more appropriate since we already have one of these. Please post there.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-stat-squish
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."