Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I can already see how Raiding Guilds will bench people for not being lucky enough to get Titanforged Weapons/Trinkets from Dungeons compared to others of their Class/Specc. "Yeah we know you're better at the game Bob, but David has Titanforged Weapons so will naturally do more damage as you."
    On the other hand of course player skill will matter too, but such a big difference could (not saying it will) be problematic especially earlier in the gearing process.
    That is a people problem, as shown very clearly by it not just being a "raiding guilds" issue.
    It is very widespread, into all organised group content.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Pretty sure things like this have been implemented because LFG people are jealous of raid gear as they always have been.
    Or you are jealous that someone else gets attention from blizzard, that it isn't entirely you.
    There is crafted, there are drops, there is gear from PvP.
    It isn't like raiding was the only source of gear of that sort of level, but that is how you choose to represent it.
    That they are getting something which should otherwise only come from raiding.

Just another jerk who thinks anyone below your "standards" doesn't deserve anything.
    No consideration for WHY people are below those standards, which has a lot to do with the toxic and hostile behaviour that you are demonstrating right how.
    It isn't always choice that puts people in LFR, but the barriers to it raised by people like you, well above those that blizzard deem appropriate.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-14 at 03:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So because people chose to get there gear that scales in LFR its pathetic but in other modes it isn't?
    Titanforged bullshit is pathetic everywhere.
    Maybe just maybe people shouldn't give a shit about what others do.
    If government decided to enforce basic income, where everyone gets something like 2k USD a month and those who work get additional 100 USD a month, will you be okay with this situation, because everyone are the same human beings as you and well, you get your 2.1k a month, you shouldn't be bothered with others?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post

If government decided to enforce basic income, where everyone gets something like 2k USD a month and those who work get additional 100 USD a month, will you be okay with this situation, because everyone are the same human beings as you and well, you get your 2.1k a month, you shouldn't be bothered with others?
    Nope don't care, Also good thing this is nothing like your poor ass example.

It would have been better if you said X person gets a basic income of 2k while you work and only make 1.5k. If all said person got was 100$ more they wouldn't work for it(at lease most anyway).

The likely hood would be those getting 2k would get that and those working would get the 2k+whatever they make working.

But hey nice poor example...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Not really. It's pretty awful that people who can't play their way out of a wet paper bag have the potential to get raid level gear.

Also they already said in a blue post that they're changing it to just be a much smaller difference. Something like 5 more than warforged.
    Well, the thing is, I understand that raid gear can also be titanforged. It's not like casuals get "the best gear" it just means that there's a greater variance for gear quality, even if you don't raid. Raiders still have the potential for best gear, they just face face the same RNG at a lesser frequency, meaning raid-titanforged is rarer than non-raid titanforged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post

You're misrepresenting the concept of basic income. Basic income is +2k to what you already make if you decide to work. In other words, say you make 1.8k a month working a shitty entry-level job. You get the 1.8k from your job AND the 2k from basic income.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Well, the thing is, I understand that raid gear can also be titanforged. It's not like casuals get "the best gear" it just means that there's a greater variance for gear quality, even if you don't raid. Raiders still have the potential for best gear, they just face face the same RNG at a lesser frequency, meaning raid-titanforged is rarer than non-raid titanforged.
    Someone that gets it. Also, the truly hardcore players like the world first raiders, will also be able to get Titanforged gear from the same sources as the casual players, they'll just be able to play a lot more and do it a lot faster which means more drops which means on average a higher ilvl. Also casuals will have shit for artifact power.

Nope don't care, Also good thing this is nothing like your poor ass example.
    It wasn't supposed to be the real basic income example.
    If all said person got was 100$ more they wouldn't work for it(at lease most anyway).
    At least you got that part right. You can't expect most people to put up with 'Well, you get FoS and mount (which you could have farmed solo after the next expansion anyway) after 20 weeks of farming, what else do you want?'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    deal with it.
    Well at least someone takes pride in being just a terribad lfr pleb.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Just another jerk who thinks anyone below your "standards" doesn't deserve anything.
    Hilarious hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Also, the truly hardcore players like the world first raiders, will also be able to get Titanforged gear from the same sources as the casual players, they'll just be able to play a lot more and do it a lot faster which means more drops which means on average a higher ilvl.
    And they'll have way worse balanced and tuned encounters but not that your kind is interested in that.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-06-14 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post

Hilarious hypocrisy.

And they'll have way worse balanced and tuned encounters but not that your kind is interested in that.
    My kind? You got a thing against Sword Art Online fans?

- - - Updated - - -

Hilarious hypocrisy.

Responding for real this time instead of trolling:

First off, I'm a mythic raider, and I guaranfuckingtee I'll play more hardcore than you in Legion.

Second, Slootbag isn't worried about legendaries or Titanforged gear. He's mildly concerned about legendaries, but doesn't think it'll be a huge deal. If a world first raider thinks the raid balance is fine, someone like you should probably at least take a hard look about your own opinions and maybe adopt a wait and see approach.

Third, a far bigger concern, something that Slootbag is very worried about and something I'm also worried about, is that the legendary ring is not in any way being nerfed. If Blizzard holds to this, the dps ring at least will be BiS forever. And personally I am doing what I can to change that. I submitted an in game suggestion today explaining the math behind with the dps ring will be BiS even at 20 trillion ilvl, while adding my own opinion that I hate the dps ring and I don't want to deal with that shit for another tier because I'm tired of having to plan my cooldowns around it and getting fucked on the first use because Seraphim as a not Blood Elf. My suggestion probably won't do dick, but I'm at least trying to be part of the solution instead of the problem.

Slootbag .
    Slootbag is one of around 27 players actually in the world first race and tumbler dreamlevels pc and generally a "nice" guy who worked hard to build that image of him for his stream so I wouldn't expect any public criticisms from that direction. His fucking livelihood depends on being on good terms with the industry.
    How hardcore you play doesn't particularly concern me either since regardless of your attitude you don't seem to be interested in encounter balance.
    That concern of the ring being an issue is at the very least far fetched since every noteworthy legendary before has been nerfed and there is no tangible evidence to suggest they'd all of the sudden change their stance on that.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-06-14 at 06:27 AM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    My kind? You got a thing against Sword Art Online fans?

- - - Updated - - -

Responding for real this time instead of trolling:

First off, I'm a mythic raider, and I guaranfuckingtee I'll play more hardcore than you in Legion.

Second, Slootbag isn't worried about legendaries or Titanforged gear. He's mildly concerned about legendaries, but doesn't think it'll be a huge deal. If a world first raider thinks the raid balance is fine, someone like you should probably at least take a hard look about your own opinions and maybe adopt a wait and see approach.

Third, a far bigger concern, something that Slootbag is very worried about and something I'm also worried about, is that the legendary ring is not in any way being nerfed. If Blizzard holds to this, the dps ring at least will be BiS forever. And personally I am doing what I can to change that. I submitted an in game suggestion today explaining the math behind with the dps ring will be BiS even at 20 trillion ilvl, while adding my own opinion that I hate the dps ring and I don't want to deal with that shit for another tier because I'm tired of having to plan my cooldowns around it and getting fucked on the first use because Seraphim as a not Blood Elf. My suggestion probably won't do dick, but I'm at least trying to be part of the solution instead of the problem.
    I wouldn't worry about the legendary ring. All they have to do is block the "on use" part of it at lvl 110.

Slootbag is one of around 27 players actually in the world first race and tumbler dreamlevels pc and generally a nice guy who worked hard to build that image of him so I wouldn't expect any public criticisms from that direction.
    How hardcore you play doesn't particularly concern me either since regardless of your attitude you don't seem to be interested in encounter balance.
    That concern of the ring being an issue is at the very least far fetched since every noteworthy legendary before has been nerfed and there is no tangible evidence to suggest they'd all of the sudden change their stance on that.
    Someone didn't pay attention to the info dump on Friday. Slootbag asked the devs directly if they were nerfing the ring for 110 and they said they have no plans to do so. He immediately told them that's a bad idea and he's ranted about that at least 10 times a day on his stream every day since. Also I am interested in encounter balance, I just happen to share the opinion of many top raiders, that you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the legendary ring. All they have to do is block the "on use" part of it at lvl 110.
    See my reply to cFortyfive. They explicitly said they don't plan to do that.

Still waiting for a reason why this is a bad thing.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Also I am interested in encounter balance, I just happen to share the opinion of many top raiders, that you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    good for you I was hearing concerns from my region. Well that sucks but I actually didn't notice that. Still in the recap at least it says that if it is too strong they are going to do something about it so - not much of an issue. I am not willing to believe yet the devs would all of the sudden appreciate if you'd still be wearing that ring. But then again - it's only relevant in group content so who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Still waiting for a reason why this is a bad thing.
    did you inhale too many burgers by chance ?
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-06-14 at 06:33 AM.

good for you I was hearing concerns from my region. Well that sucks but I actually didn't notice that. Still in the recap at least it says that if it is too strong they are going to do something about it so - not much of an issue. I am not willing to believe yet the devs would all of the sudden appreciate if you'd still be wearing that ring. But then again - it's only relevant in group content so who knows

did you inhale too many burgers by chance ?
    To be fair, even though I care about encounter balance, I'm such a piece of shit that I wouldn't mind that much if encounter balance suffered so I can be OP. There's a not insignificant part of me that wants to lord my super OP gear over all the casual plebs. I'm that guy. ^_^

I genuinely hope you're right about the ring though, I really do. I do not want to deal with that shit in group content anymore.

I genuinely hope you're right about the ring though, I really do. I do not want to deal with that shit in group content anymore.
    But why ? the ring would make you even more opieop ? :P
    Even more brilliant casual plebs don't do group content and would be too dumb anyways to recognize its power you could have the ultimate secret weapon here.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-06-14 at 06:44 AM.

But why ? the ring would make you even more opieop ? :P
    Even more brilliant casual plebs don't do group content and would be too dumb anyways to recognize its power you could have the ultimate secret weapon here.
    Well, you're not wrong, but having one slot permanently capped at 795 would also reduce my max HP, and part of being OP is having a big dick health pool. Also I like seeing shiny new gear and it would be really annoying to get an ilvl ~980 Titanforged ring, and then get another almost as good ring that's like 975, cause then I'd have to vendor/DE the 975. Actually what would happen is I'd keep it just in case they nerfed the legendary ring, so that'd be -1 bank slot for all time, and that would just be inconvenient.

Well, you're not wrong, but having one slot permanently capped at 795 would also reduce my max HP, and part of being OP is having a big dick health pool.
    Nah you can just switch it out for strutting around in dalaran and for the ilvl wowprogress ranking.

Nah you can just switch it out for strutting around in dalaran and for the ilvl wowprogress ranking.
    But, but but but, that's like 2 fucks more than I want to give!

But, but but but, that's like 2 fucks more than I want to give!
    Well I think it's clearly worth it -it even has the extra size and cheesy aura for some extra points from the waifu crowd. Guaranteed recipe for success better make certain to tweet @Watcher #savethering.
    Ok well enough of that for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Argument happens every expansion, and every expansion it's proved to not be true, as world first guilds care about the skill of the player not the ilevel, and any guild that would bench you for that is too trash to be worth your time.

Also artifact weapons cancel that idea out, part of why I love them. You can have another item be titanforge and it's just stat boosting, not as important as a pure weapon boost.
    Actually, World First guild players work on multiple toons because of RNG and gear.