Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Warcraft movie makes me want to play Aff

That movie was far from perfect, but god damn if they didn't portray magic, especially that of Gul'dan, very well. Those soul drains were too sweet. I haven't mained a lock since Cata, but I think it's time to hang up the warrior for a change and start siphoning people up. Just suck em dry. Line em up. Maybe I'll siphon 2 or 3 of them off at the same time.

ahem

Lock looks fun. I'm loving the idea of casting circle for pvp as well.

Except that's all going away for Legion. You should've played one much sooner. Like back in Wrath of the Lich King.

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought something similar watching the movie. Was like "damn, I wish Mages were actually that cool in the game..."

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Except that's all going away for Legion. You should've played one much sooner. Like back in Wrath of the Lich King.
    I freaking loved Aff the first tier of Cata
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Don't worry I did. I played Aff pvp from the 2nd season of wrath up to the end of cata. That's ok that drain soul isn't an execute anymore. The dots and the tankiness are there, and with casting circle, the thing that pissed me off the most (getting locked out of shadow aka every spell you have) is no longer an issue. I see good things ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Eerie Memes View Post
    I see good things ahead.
    Then I can only assume you are legally blind as Blizzard has done nothing but butcher the class in Legion.

IDK what game you've been playing but locks have been good ever since arena began. They're different, sure, but butchered? Lol I'll just mark you down as an alarmist because they are definitely not ruined. A couple hours ago I watched an aff lock stomp Bajheera on his warrior. Even if you are one of the hundred #MLG players on here who boost their epeens by saying that Bajheera/Swifty are shit players, they are undeniably way better than average and warriors have always put the pain on warlocks. To see a lock pump out that kind of damage and healing is a good sign.

Butchered? K.

I want the teleport spell animations : /

7+ Year Old Account
    Then I can only assume you are legally blind as Blizzard has done nothing but butcher the class in Legion.
    yes because making demonology a demonic army general summoning huge forces of demons to fight for them, unholy rising hordes of undead, beast master controlling many beasts at once

outlaw being a litteral swashbuckler of fun awesomeness, protection a block champion of massive blocks, and blood a wall of shields, well guardian is a giant meat shield of thorns

frost a comboing master of crit and slow, fire mages being a awesome barrage of critting fire, and arcane mages being mana managing masters

all ruined in legion, RUINED!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes because making demonology a demonic army general summoning huge forces of demons to fight for them, unholy rising hordes of undead, beast master controlling many beasts at once

outlaw being a litteral swashbuckler of fun awesomeness, protection a block champion of massive blocks, and blood a wall of shields, well guardian is a giant meat shield of thorns

frost a comboing master of crit and slow, fire mages being a awesome barrage of critting fire, and arcane mages being mana managing masters

all ruined in legion, RUINED!
    I don't know why you mentioned any of those other things as they literally have nothing to do with warlocks. And I'm sorry but "summoning huge forces of demons" is not what Demonology does. They summon a couple of imps and dogs and that's it. It could've been interesting had they kept the Inquisitor and/or Dreadlord but no, we get a reskinned Observer. However, even if they had done that, it doesn't change the fact that they've stripped away so much of the class and either turned them into talents or removed them entirely.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you mentioned any of those other things as they literally have nothing to do with warlocks. And I'm sorry but "summoning huge forces of demons" is not what Demonology does. They summon a couple of imps and dogs and that's it. It could've been interesting had they kept the Inquisitor and/or Dreadlord but no, we get a reskinned Observer. However, even if they had done that, it doesn't change the fact that they've stripped away so much of the class and either turned them into talents or removed them entirely.
    idk what your talking about because i was able to get our 6 felhunters, 2 felguards, a beholder, and a bunch of imps, i would call that a "army" and reskinned? umm wut? its a completly new model, just the same skeleton....

also lol wtf? the only talent we lose to talent trees are soul harvest and demonic circle, haunt for affliction, and FnB for destro, i think your complaining just to complain, and thats not healthy

idk what your talking about because i was able to get our 6 felhunters, 2 felguards, a beholder, and a bunch of imps, i would call that a "army" and reskinned? umm wut? its a completly new model, just the same skeleton....

also lol wtf? the only talent we lose to talent trees are soul harvest and demonic circle, haunt for affliction, and FnB for destro, i think your complaining just to complain, and thats not healthy
    That's the weakest army I could possibly imagine. Exactly. It's reskinned. It doesn't matter if the whole thing was completely new though because we already have the Observer. We don't need another; the Inquisitor/Dreadlord was perfect.

You're focusing on a single part of the complaint and ignoring the other. For your information though, those are not the only ones but I'm not surprised you managed to miss that.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's the weakest army I could possibly imagine. Exactly. It's reskinned. It doesn't matter if the whole thing was completely new though because we already have the Observer. We don't need another; the Inquisitor/Dreadlord was perfect.

You're focusing on a single part of the complaint and ignoring the other. For your information though, those are not the only ones but I'm not surprised you managed to miss that.
    like 10 imps,6 dogs, 2 felguard, and a beholder you call weak? ok sure whatever

reskin/=/a completly new model, reskin means the same model, but with a differant texture on it

also dreadlord/inquistor might be glyphs for the doomguard so stop fucking crying

classes are being done rather well, their not perfect, but whatever, their fun

like 10 imps,6 dogs, 2 felguard, and a beholder you call weak? ok sure whatever

reskin/=/a completly new model, reskin means the same model, but with a differant texture on it

also dreadlord/inquistor might be glyphs for the doomguard so stop fucking crying

classes are being done rather well, their not perfect, but whatever, their fun
    "Fun" is entirely subjective, so not going to argue with you on that. However, your claims of how many demons you've summoned seems entirely inaccurate (or possibly dated...) and screams "I've never actually played the spec, and am buying entirely into the hype."

Even with full tier bonuses, in pvp so that master summoner is active, you can summon "6 dogs" for 2 seconds only, personally that's rather underwhelming for a set of circumstances that'd need to align perfectly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    "Fun" is entirely subjective, so not going to argue with you on that. However, your claims of how many demons you've summoned seems entirely inaccurate (or possibly dated...) and screams "I've never actually played the spec, and am buying entirely into the hype."

Even with full tier bonuses, in pvp so that master summoner is active, you can summon "6 dogs" for 2 seconds only, personally that's rather underwhelming for a set of circumstances that'd need to align perfectly.
    Dreadstalkers last 4 seconds longer, teir 4 set
    Legendary shoulders that make call dreadstalkers only cost 1 soul shard, meanin more imps, also talent to make each dreadstalker have a imp on its back

so 4 dreadstalkers, 6 for a few seconds here and there

4 imps with the dreadstalkers, about a average of 10 imps if you choose the right talents and items/teir

a beholder if talent, a pet, another pet if talent, and a 3 minute cooldown pet that can be reduced pretty quickly

Deleted
    Dreadstalkers last 4 seconds longer, teir 4 set
    Legendary shoulders that make call dreadstalkers only cost 1 soul shard, meanin more imps, also talent to make each dreadstalker have a imp on its back

so 4 dreadstalkers, 6 for a few seconds here and there

4 imps with the dreadstalkers, about a average of 10 imps if you choose the right talents and items/teir

a beholder if talent, a pet, another pet if talent, and a 3 minute cooldown pet that can be reduced pretty quickly
    How do you get 6 dreadstalkers when you summon 2 at a time? the CD remains 15s iirc so the moment you finish casting SDS again the first set fizzle.

Deleted

Aff is fine in Legion. Could even be great, depending on tuning etc. And, at any rate, warlocks persevere. They hit us again and again with the nerf bat and we always come out on top anyway.

Don't listen to the whiners. MMO-Champ have always been cancer in that regard, always whining and never happy.

My only doubts lie in Blizzards ability/approach to improving pet AI, if all my damage is pets and they can't target swap, I'm a pretty sad lock. RIP Metamorphosis

Armory^

Weakest army? What do you want? Eredars, Pitlords and Dreadlords as cannon fodder for your typical raid? Having demons that are too powerful as pets that you just throw at people would be just plain dumb. Not even Gul'dan could control that, in fact he is "the pet" of the Legion.. its what happens when you dig too deep for power as a warlock, you become strong but a slave forever.
    This new exp actually increased class fantasy for all specs in a way that no other exp have done before.