Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Maybe not but it would take a miracle for Med'an, and likely a huge shift in the direction of his character.
    maybe one day Me'dan will lose his power, either for using a killing spell to save us, or just lose it for char development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    They can simply write a book. Comic is not a good medium for character development imo.
    I wonder if they did write a book about Me'dan, who would buy it, the char has already fan-hate base
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but Med'an is still canon. He was recently mentioned to be out in the universe adventuring...

"Med'an is out adventuring in the universe, doing big important things that will one day com to fruition. He just isn't around right now.
    There will be lots of Khadgar in Legion." - James Waugh (Story and Development)

https://youtu.be/d6hTEigKhAc?t=423
    Last edited by Palisis; 2016-06-13 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    In the movie, there's a lot of winks about him being the next Guardian.
    Warcraft cinematic universe is completely separate from the game universe. Khadgar is the Guardian Novitiate in the WCU.

In the WCU, 'Guardian' is just a name. It doesn't have any special powers associated with it. Medivh was powerful because he studied all forms of magic.

In the game universe, the Guardian of Tirisfal is a very specific thing that requires ritual and transference of power from the Council of Tirisfal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    There are two ways for Khadgar to become guardian. He needs to have other mages pour their power into him or he needs Med'an to transfer his guardian's power to him. Alodi was the first guardian so he used the first mean. The rest of the guardians after Alodi recieved their guardian's power from their predecessors. Med'an needed to use the first mean because Medivh died before he passes his power to someone.
    Medivh imbued a lot of power into Atiesh which only Med'an could unlock. Also, Medivh was resurrected. He could still pass on his Guardian powers to somebody.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It's not up to players to decide, but it's certainly reasonable for them to question it. A very powerful character that has been all around Azeroth and Outland, interacted with several of the big lore figures and played a pretty important role in some parts of the story has never been shown in-game, or even mentioned by anyone. Nobody gets to say Med'an isn't cannon, but everyone is free to put their two cents in and ask why, where, how and when.
    Med'an is in the Ultimate Visual Guide and Velen's short story. He's also mentioned as being off training somewhere in the Ask CDev.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Well, at least in World of Warcraft lore the Beta has confirmed that Khadgar canonically isn't the Guardian. The Dalaran introduction questline specifically involves the summoning of the spirit of Alodi from the Forge of the Guardians, a mystical repository that apparently contains the echoes of their souls as well as a portion of their power. Alodi speaks to Khadgar when he asks about the Pillars of Creation (which Alodi wrote about in a book you find in an scenario version of Karazhan). Alodi, on seeing Khadgar, refers to him as "the Mage who refuses the mantle of the Guardian." It appears Khadgar refuses to be annointed Guardian by the Council - or refused in some past event we've yet to see in-game.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    What if Khadgar is Medivh and Alodi saw it? Medivh refused to be guardian at the end of W3.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Maybe he becomes the Guardian then goes crazy and is the next xpacs end boss?
    I'm lowkey thinking that he'll be the next Avatar of Sargeras after we stop Gul'dan from using Illidan. I'm not 100% certain on the time line with Garona, but would it be too far of a stretch for him to be conceived during the time Medivh was possessed? I don't think it'd be too far of a stretch for it to pass from Medivh to his son similar to how it was passed to him, even if only a small portion.

Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    I'm lowkey thinking that he'll be the next Avatar of Sargeras after we stop Gul'dan from using Illidan. I'm not 100% certain on the time line with Garona, but would it be too far of a stretch for him to be conceived during the time Medivh was possessed? I don't think it'd be too far of a stretch for it to pass from Medivh to his son similar to how it was passed to him, even if only a small portion.
    Kadghar was Medivh's apprentice and he can't be his son since Medivh was in coma for years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    What if Khadgar is Medivh and Alodi saw it? Medivh refused to be guardian at the end of W3.
    This has been a theory since the beginning of WoD. I personally still leave it in the "anything can happen" category. If they change Khadgar's model to give him shoulderpads with feathers on the trim, then we can start thinking it's got some serious basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think Khadgar will prove to be Medivh in disguise or anything like that, and I agree with Medivh's statement in Warcraft 3 that Azeroth no longer needs a Guardian figure to combat the threat of the Legion. Khadgar's refusal of the call is probably a direct echo of Medivh's sentiment - he thinks the burden of fighting the demons is in everyone's purview, and that if Azeroth's races can't unite to face them then there's really nothing worth saving in the first place.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think Khadgar will prove to be Medivh in disguise or anything like that, and I agree with Medivh's statement in Warcraft 3 that Azeroth no longer needs a Guardian figure to combat the threat of the Legion. Khadgar's refusal of the call is probably a direct echo of Medivh's sentiment - he thinks the burden of fighting the demons is in everyone's purview, and that if Azeroth's races can't unite to face them then there's really nothing worth saving in the first place.
    I agree, I don't think Khadgar is Medivh or Med'an or anyone else in disguise. It's not like that would even really add anything to the story besides a pointless twist anyway. And we have things like Khadgar talking to Medvh's spirit in Kharazhan in the mage quests and talking about his friend Turalyon before you're sent to the Exodar. I just don't think it fits. Sometimes a cucumber is just a cucumber.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have theory what whole Khadgar is Medivh from the future. At some point in future his go back in time of first war and become apprentice for himself from past and etc. Not just WoD Khadgar.

I have theory what whole Khadgar is Medivh from the future. At some point in future his go back in time of first war and become apprentice for himself from past and etc. Not just WoD Khadgar.
    That's...interesting? o.O But what makes you think that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    That's...interesting? o.O But what makes you think that?
    Medivh's curse of age what he use against Khadgar during 1st war. I belive it was not curse but spell what show true face OR some of Medivh's spells broke "future Medivh"'s appearance illusion. Like "old khadgar' is actually old Medivh looks. Blizzard didn't explain how TBC Khadgar do age jump to WoD Khadgar. Also Khadgar was in almost ALL important BL events and he know TOO much even for "Medivh's apprentice".

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    IIRC, Medivh wasn't cursing him with an 'old age' spell, he was draining the life out of him, which resulted in the aging.

Medivh's curse of age what he use against Khadgar during 1st war. I belive it was not curse but spell what show true face OR some of Medivh's spells broke "future Medivh"'s appearance illusion. Like "old khadgar' is actually old Medivh looks. Blizzard didn't explain how TBC Khadgar do age jump to WoD Khadgar. Also Khadgar was in almost ALL important BL events and he know TOO much even for "Medivh's apprentice".
    1. Unless they majorly retcon The Last Guardian, no. The spell aged him and drew life from him, and this sort of magic has been demonstrated elsewhere, such as orc warlocks aging orc children to fighting age. You can speculate all you want but this would be a huge retcon. The book is mostly from Khadgar's point of view, he's the main protagonist of it and the book doesn't leave so much as a single hint that Khadgar is Medivh from the future.

2. Why wouldn't the bronze dragons be up his ass for this sort of time travel?

3. Why would he even need the disguise? He was able to guide people to fighting the burning legion just fine as himself in WC 3, why disguise himself as his own apprentice?

4. TBC Khadgar shaved his beard and didn't have a unique model. You can say there's a bit of inconsistency there if you still think WOD Khadgar looks too young but that wouldn't be fixed by time travel.

5. All those years in Outland with A'dal and having access to Kharazhan and its secrets? No I disagree, I don't think that he knows too much. In fact he specifically has to talk to Adoli in Legion to get information that he would have had himself if he really was Medivh.

I just don't think this theory fits the lore at all without retconning Khadgar's entire story in WC 1 and 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    IIRC, Medivh wasn't cursing him with an 'old age' spell, he was draining the life out of him, which resulted in the aging.
    This, that's exactly what happened.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why wouldn't the bronze dragons be up his ass for this sort of time travel?
    Maybe because at point when Medivh made time jump they don't exist anymore? Remember Murozond?

Why would he even need the disguise? He was able to guide people to fighting the burning legion just fine as himself in WC 3, why disguise himself as his own apprentice?
    In W3 he didn't use disguise because all people who know him in Alliance/Horde was dead or wasn't there (Lothar/Llane dead and Sons of Lothar was in Outland). Thrall, Terenas, Arthas, Jaina didn't know who Medivh is or didn't saw him a once.

Maybe because at point when Medivh made time jump they don't exist anymore? Remember Murozond?

In W3 he didn't use disguise because all people who know him in Alliance/Horde was dead or wasn't there (Lothar/Llane dead and Sons of Lothar was in Outland). Thrall, Terenas, Arthas, Jaina didn't know who Medivh is or didn't saw him a once.

And yet they do exist at the point Medivh would theoretically be traveling back TO. Afterall the bronze flight responded to the Infinite.

Jaina at least would likely have known OF Medivh at the very least. The whole disguising as his own apprentice thing is rather convoluted, especially considering the big changes to the timeline his very existence brought if this was true. Without Khadgar, Medivh wouldn't have been killed and Sargeras would still be possessing him.

Not to mention your theory still relies on retcons of The Last Guardian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Palisis View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubbles, but Med'an is still canon. He was recently mentioned to be out in the universe adventuring...

"Med'an is out adventuring in the universe, doing big important things that will one day com to fruition. He just isn't around right now.
    There will be lots of Khadgar in Legion." - James Waugh (Story and Development)

https://youtu.be/d6hTEigKhAc?t=423
    They've used that excuse before, I still don't think he is canon as they keep saying that whenever he is asked about, hopefully, they'll decide that he's non-canon cuz he ruins everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    And yet they do exist at the point Medivh would theoretically be traveling back TO. Afterall the bronze flight responded to the Infinite.
    And we know what Infinity trying to change past since... TBC isn't it?

Jaina at least would likely have known OF Medivh at the very least.
    Yea but i'm doubt she knew him in face.

Without Khadgar, Medivh wouldn't have been killed and Sargeras would still be possessing him.
    What if Khadgar-Medivh is from univers where Medivh possessed by Sarg wasnt killed during 1st war BUT was freed after some time when all destructions was made? He see what he did and do time jump to stop himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    They've used that excuse before, I still don't think he is canon as they keep saying that whenever he is asked about, hopefully, they'll decide that he's non-canon cuz he ruins everything.
    Doesn't matter if you 'think he's canon' or not, he is until they say otherwise.