Thread: Cheater exposed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not really know how this would be fun, why spend the whole duration of the game in a wall and not able to do anything.

Even if he doesn't use like third party software or something, it's still cheating when you exploit glitches to win. Good riddance to all of these assholes.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I do not really know how this would be fun, why spend the whole duration of the game in a wall and not able to do anything.
    You deny the enemy team virtually any chance at winning the match.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Where is this "crack" (I remember your description from the other thread but not actually got a round on Dorado to investigate further). As for worrying about them, I was mostly curious and I'm a pretty crappy team player at times anyway :S
    http://imgur.com/a/QaENJ

Blizzard did respond a week ago that they are aware and will be fixing it, which apparently should be in today's patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is this "crack" (I remember your description from the other thread but not actually got a round on Dorado to investigate further). As for worrying about them, I was mostly curious and I'm a pretty crappy team player at times anyway :S
    The day it was first done to me, I jumped on an empty custom map and filmed the location myself. You can see it here.

Reaper no, but not sure I see a massive difference between this and a Torb turret, you're forcing the team into a tiny spot essentially (if they are using the payload as cover to move it) and 2 Pharahs could keep that covered, let alone Bastions or Torbs in sight of it. Both are just bent And I "main" Symmetra insofar as /Played is concerned and find this 'abuse' to be beneath a hero that's already a beast

But fair enough, thanks for replying and sating my curiosity, I'll take that as a "Not really legit, but its hardly the worst thing someone could do" regarding the initial question, or did I read this wrong?
    I was actually referring to I've heard tell of a spot in Hanamura where Torbjorn can place his turret inside of a wall and it can't be attacked but can kill people.

I have the most hours played on Symmetra as well and I don't think her turrets should shoot through the bridge on that spot, but I also just don't think it's as bad as some people have been making it out to be. And the amount of exaggeration ("OMG these are invincible, they're inside the wall, you can't see them or shoot them") makes me /facedesk because it's simply not true. It's mostly the exaggeration bothering me, tbh. When there are glitching Reapers and aimbots they could be worrying themselves about as well. When McCree still isn't fixed. This is a minor thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post

I was actually referring to I've heard tell of a spot in Hanamura where Torbjorn can place his turret inside of a wall and it can't be attacked but can kill people.
    Yep, it's there and both Bastion and Torb can get into it and setup. Doesn't contest point, but the hail of bullets coming out of the wall that you can't respond to does have a similar effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    You deny the enemy team virtually any chance at winning the match.
    I can understand why someone cheats, I'm saying this method doesn't look fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    ("OMG these are invincible, they're inside the wall, you can't see them or shoot them")
    Eh, 6 sentries melts most non-tanks in what, 2-3 seconds? Sure if you know where to position to shoot them, otherwise the above isn't much of an exageration

But yeah. Overall, shame people do this, as others have mentioned, there doesn't seem to be much "need" to cheat in this game compared to others. Losing both rounds Temple of Anubis in 8 minutes (5 min attack and 3 min defense) will probably net more XP (per hour) than holding out on the one round for the full 10 minutes of defense for the 500 (oh wait, 600 :O) bonus XP for "winning". In fairness if you wanted to farm XP fast, just lose as quickly as you can (can almost rotate who gets the healing/damage/time on point medals -assuming 0 eliminations) between the 6 of you and it would probably yield more unless you're strong enough to blitz every round regardless of opponents, and I'm guessing those teams are few and far between
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, 6 sentries melts most non-tanks in what, 2-3 seconds? Sure if you know where to position to shoot them, otherwise the above isn't much of an exageration
    Like I said before...I was able to figure out their location within two minutes of seeing it the first time. I like to think of myself as an intelligent lady, but I don't think it'd be a difficult thing for any average problem solver to figure out. You get near them, you can see where the beams are shooting down from. You notice a crack there, so you get on a character that can get under the crack and kill them. And Junkrat can make really, REALLY quick work of them.

Also...I just saw a thread on official forum where someone mentioned some fixes.
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...ic/20745155602

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sure, but if your whole team just stays back (so it takes forever for Hanzo's ult to charge) and your exploit-Reaper just wraiths the ults - or you have multiples doing it - then you kinda just screw the whole game over. They'll just be standing on the point doing nothing for minutes at a time.
    If your whole team is staying back, then they can sit on the point and guarantee overtime continues, and just idle while they wait for Hanzo's ult to charge.

Sure, if your whole team goes Reaper and you all go in there and you cycle Wraiths so one of you is always alive, you can guarantee that nobody wins, which sucks, but it's not a way to guarantee victory either. It's a stupid-ass troll move, and I'm glad they're fixing it, I was just explaining ways you could get around the occasional jackass trying to pull this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Not sure if you watched the video or not? Reaper intentionally dodges Hanzo's ult when he shoots it into the wall. It's obviously planned to get in there, if it wasn't he would most likely just accept the death.

- - - Updated - - -

From inside the wall, he can't be reached by virtually any abilities, minus Hanzo's ult.
    I'm aware of what was going on. Just seemed odd to do such a thing. Got patched this week though, I believe. One of the notes mentioning Reaper getting to places he shouldn't lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Yea well blizzard needs to be A LOT quicker at fixing this shit as well. Anything broke in CSGO gets fixed in days at most. Sure its wrong to exploit this stuff but it's wrong for blizzard to leave these broken things for months.
    People go a lot longer cheating before anything is done :P Also, if it was "fixed" there would be 0 cheating. A system/game in which cheating is possible is broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chixien View Post
    Is it a cheat? Or just a glitch with the wall?
    It is an abuse of system. Basically the same as a cheat. The user (Reaper) does it on purpose.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rahkhun View Post
    It's impossible if the person doing it is any good,

You can still shoot / ult out of the wall as reaper, and so defending the site means he gets SHITTONS of kills, and ults etc.

Meaning you have to be out of his range to hanzo ult him (which he can immune) meaning not on point.
    Give it up - there's no point. He thinks the game is manna from Heaven and will never accept any criticism of it.

Must be why they're recruiting mods - maybe I'll apply so I can become one and spend all day posting on a game's thread.

(How many loot boxes you all wanna bet that I get infracted for this post?)

And to the guy that doesn't think exploiting is cheating... Please spend some time with a dictionary. If you discover something like this, report it and move on, it's not cheating. If you use it to your advantage, knowing full well that is not intended and against the rules, then it is cheating. End of debate.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!