Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Want to stay at entry level forever in your job? Be a nice guy.
    I choose to just be better at my job. I'm lucky though. I work in an industry where performance can be measured. I finish projects faster, I'm more efficient, and customers seem to like me when I work with them. I get to lead other developers because of this.

I think the asshole based promotion only exists in jobs where people don't actually produce much. (By choice or not) I don't know a whole lot of bosses in real life that would take a scheming dick over a really productive employee for a higher position.

Edit: I think there needs to be a defined difference between total push over and someone with a conscience. You can be assertive without actively being a twat to someone.
    Last edited by Pwellzor; 2016-06-14 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Yeah, well I've never had a job or a boss I didn't like and couldn't get along with. I'm actually trying to be helpful here. I can tell almost everything there is to know about a person, by their attitude towards others, and life in general. What I know is that it's not me who is miserable, or has a problem dealing with, and getting along with others.
    So what do you sense about yourself and your HIGHLY antisocial behavior?

-You often (in various threads on this forum) brag about your getting rich off the misery of others, buying their foreclosed homes.
    -You are now bragging about how you "make more money complaining than (that guy you were arguing with) makes in a year."
    -Beyond that you went on about how you complain and argue with customer service at every conceivable opportunity if there is something for you to gain in doing so, regardless of the actual service.
    -Earlier you were bragging about getting "voluntarily laid off" (lolwat) so you could exploit the government and get free money via unemployment instead of working...

Anyone one of those things is considered quite trashy by any respectable person and you do all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

-You often (in various threads on this forum) brag about your getting rich off the misery of others, buying their foreclosed homes.
    -You are now bragging about how you "make more money complaining than (that guy you were arguing with) makes in a year."
    -Beyond that you went on about how you complain and argue with customer service at every conceivable opportunity if there is something for you to gain in doing so, regardless of the actual service.
    -Earlier you were bragging about getting "voluntarily laid off" (lolwat) so you could exploit the government and get free money via unemployment instead of working...

Anyone one of those things is considered quite trashy by any respectable person and you do all of them.
    Celista is absolutely right. It is insecurity.

Also her self created profile is so hilariously complemented by the fact that she is a landlord. She is literally the propaganda poster landlord from Maoist china. Its almost trollish how stereotypical her personality is.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I've always tried that, it got me more workload and no pay, woo. Nowadays I just say fuck it and literally post on MMO-C for half my work day because nothing else worked, so why not.

Literally in every single job I've worked, trying to "do more" or "go the extra mile" or whatever has gotten me nothing at best and fired at worst (yeah, got fired from a job once because the logic from management was, "Well, he did X, and people who do X get paid a lot more, and we don't want to be at risk for having to do that, so can the guy.")

Perhaps. If it's not an "asshole" getting the promotion it's the "liar" or "suck-up" anyway. So meh.
    I don't know man. I've negotiated my worth over 3 jobs since I've graduated college. I never had to fuck anyone over (intentionally i suppose).

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Barring extramarital implications. I imagine he ripped the cord out of the wall and then danced naked crying in the sweet joys of silence.
    Sorry to disappoint, but my husband and I are virtually joined at the hip. We do everything together. If he has a choice between hunting with his friends, or going to a baby shower with me, he will choose the baby shower, every time. And he loves hunting, but then again, so do I. We hunt together, ride our bikes cross country together, work on our rental properties together, and we never run out of conversation, doubt we ever will. We talk to each other so much, we stopped arguing with each other, long ago.

The only time we are not together is when we're working. He had been waiting in his hotel room for me to get home. When he is working out of town, we are on the phone from the moment we are both done with work, until it's time for bed. We watch TV programs together long distance, and play many sexy phone games.

Fortunately, I was able to get a hold of another guy he works with, my husband went to the desk, changed rooms, and called me back within a half hour -- and we talked for many hours, until we both fell asleep.

Sorry to disappoint, but my husband and I are virtually joined at the hip. We do everything together. If he has a choice between hunting with his friends, or going to a baby shower with me, he will choose the baby shower, every time. And he loves hunting, but then again, so do I. We hunt together, ride our bikes cross country together, work on our rental properties together, and we never run out of conversation, doubt we ever will. We talk to each other so much, we stopped arguing with each other, long ago.

The only time we are not together is when we're working. He had been waiting in his hotel room for me to get home. When he is working out of town, we are on the phone from the moment we are both done with work, until it's time for bed. We watch TV programs together long distance, and play many sexy phone games.

Fortunately, I was able to get a hold of another guy he works with, my husband went to the desk, changed rooms, and called me back within a half hour -- and we talked for many hours, until we both fell asleep.
    He sounds like a keeper. God bless him.

Well yeah, someone who's an asshole is rarely miserable about their own!
    yeah, yeah yea, you know, I've gotten that from people before -- other employees who were upset that I got promoted over them. Their opinions never bothered me, because they usually got fired soon afterwards.

Such is life.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, he really is a fantastic guy. Best looking and sexist man on the planet too. My opinion, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

My oh my. I had no idea that you found my life so fascinating as to remember all that. Have you been stalking me? Because it sure sounds like it.

"He will choose the baby shower, every time." No man will ever want to go to a baby shower just because he loves his wife so much. People need space. She's convinced he doesn't. That's all the proof she needs to give to show she doesn't know him at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    My oh my. I had no idea that you found my life so fascinating as to remember all that. Have you been stalking me? Because it sure sounds like it.
    Hard to miss when you come into every other thread on this forum and say it over and over AND OVER again.

Hard to miss when you come into every other thread on this forum and say it over and over AND OVER again.
    Yeah you are a little repetitive, Cricket.

the women, who are from Sandusky, thought she wasn't serving them - and their children - quickly enough
    Am I the only one that giggled at this?
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    "He will choose the baby shower, every time." No man will ever want to go to a baby shower just because he loves his wife so much. People need space. She's convinced he doesn't. That's all the proof she needs to give to show she doesn't know him at all.
    Its easier to just run with this orange county fantasy man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    Am I the only one that giggled at this?
    Not sure how I missed this. 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah you are a little repetitive, Cricket.
    What I am is consistent. People who tell the truth usually are.

However, as far as constant repetitiveness goes, don't think I've ever been anywhere before, where people repeat the same exact arguments, over and over, again and again, without ever moving the discussion forward.

What I am is consistent. People who tell the truth usually are.
    I know the difference between consistency and repetitiveness, lol.

Me, huh? LOL! Sometimes, just for amusement, I use the search button, just to see how many times the same exact posters, use the same exact insults, and same exact arguments, over and over, time and time again.

- - - Updated - - -

Its easier to just run with this orange county fantasy .
    Orange County? Is that like a Trump insult? Or something else? Not getting the reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me, huh? LOL! Sometimes, just for amusement, I use the search button, just to see how many times the same exact posters, use the same exact insults, and same exact arguments, over and over, time and time again.
    No idea what you are referring to as I have never spoken to you in any thread prior to this one, to my recollection anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I know the difference between consistency and repetitiveness, lol.
    Yeah, sure. If my posts bother you, then you might want to stop making every thread I post on, all about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    first one looks gaunt almost like a meth addict
    maybe it's the illumination
    Honestly thought the same thing myself.

Overall though, what do you expect? Trashy people are trash, and they act like it. It's not really some ground breaking news story here.

Throw the book at them, send them to jail, and lets see how they like life on the inside. Third one should get child endangerment charges too because the kids were still in proxy, even if they're not hers.

No idea what you are referring to as I have never spoken to you in any thread prior to this one, to my recollection anyways.
    Wasn't referring specifically to you. actually, I've never searched any of your posts, however, your user name of "I push buttons" makes it pretty obvious that you are just looking to get a rise out of others. Right?

So, what would you call someone who gets their kicks and giggles out of pushing others buttons? Is that something nice people do? I don't think so.

Yeah, sure. If my posts bother you, then you might want to stop making every thread I post on, all about me.
    I certainly did not, you came across as the most provocative in this particular thread. Hence the responses from other posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    This is some "white trash" stuff here. "White trash" is an American term.
    Is it only ok to use racist slurs against white people on this forum?