Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyan View Post
    - Lothar flying in like superman, Blackhand Mak'gora and Lothar walking out unharmed from the camp
    I thought that was a damn cool scene, except for the easy kill on Blackhand. It also taught us that Orcs value honor and tradition above savagery and trickery in the end.

I had low expectations but i really enjoyed it.

Lots of little easter eggs, good cgi and decent story.

Story could of been fleshed out a bit more. If i were a noob i probably would have found it hard to know wtf was going on but i feel DJ made the film for existing fans not new ones.

Will buy it on disc for sure
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This might surprise you, but it could very well just mean that Finding Dory is a better film.
    Not for the millions of fans of Warcraft

As you see: no one can "judge" a film but yourself.

What IS IDIOTIC though is "professional viewers" rating this movie a 0-3/10, because simply by the sheer professional CGI, it is not. The first Lotr movies have by todays standards "crap" CGI.

So these guys are far from "professional", they are not reviewing it, they simply spit on it, because they don't like games turning into movies.

That's a pure personal agenda setting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    I have been playing since TBC on EU (on and off) but very very less these days. Read almost all the novels. I like the game and lore.

Overall: I didn't not like the movie. .
    tldr: so you loved the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    An opinion cannot be dishonest. Critics rated the movie by the same standards which all films are rated.

It's unfortunate that the result of that has been a poor domestic performance for the film but it doesn't mean we should boycott or disparage people who are simply grading the movie by a metric which you disagree with.
    Wrong: because their agenda setting precludes a decent rating and that is: we are AGAINST games that turn into movies.

That was a very clear and consistent line in 90% of their comments for sure. (if you read them at least)

And so the RIDICULOUS (0!-10 by some ...) ratings didn't match with OTHER genres.

Simple as that. Unless you are a complete moron or idiot, no one will rate Warcraft with a 0 or 1/10.

But when you have a clear and visible AGENDA : be that a hater of game movies or an asshole HATING Blizzard, than that is very logical.

That theory is demonstrated even in this thread: the usual haters doing the usual trash talking: it is their agenda.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2016-06-14 at 02:45 PM.

Could possibly blame that on Duncan being forced to cut 40 minutes from the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    Could possibly blame that on Duncan being forced to cut 40 minutes from the movie.
    Why was he forced?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    I just saw the movie and...
    It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

And yet, there will be PPL that say Captain America (which I enjoyed) and other films is so much better, etc.
    Less QQ more pew pew guys, that's what I am gonna say to all of you

Simple as that : this was the hardest fantasy film I have ever seen and I look forward for much much more!

I have to say movie was pretty good, I had a good time. However I can deffinietly get behind of people that said that the pacing at the begining was too fast, and it's obviously visible that movie was cut brutally, as there should be some bigger transitions between scenes, or certain scenes should last longer so we grow onto them.

That is deffinietly the biggest flaw of the movie, that for me would rate this movie for 7/10 right now. (and I really wanted to give it 8)

The CGI was good, the opening of the Dark Portal was nice, and the battle scenes were terrific.
    The music was epic
    I really loved the small touches in the movie and the the subtle humor (I really loved the guard scene, and Fimmel's acting was also priceless xD )
    the orcs looked great.

But the biggest Pluses this movie had was the plot- as nothing was so white and black here, and the fate of characters was not so obvious (at least for fresh viewer, lore geeks certainly knew what to expect kinda). So something that majority of fantasy movies and current WoW lore fails to deliver.

I think this movie would be truly fantastic if they'd keep the extended version, as director intended.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Troyan View Post
    Saw the movie twice.

I am very pleased we got a WoW movie. It was not bad, it was incredibly fun for me as a WoW player and I never realised 2h already passed in the theatre. However, knowing the Warcraft story, it could have been so much more! Even my friend, who knows nothing about WoW, felt the movie was rushed and could have been a much more epic film.
    There's a World of Warcraft movie? When did this happen?

I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in here now that I've seen the movie. Myself and my friends loved it. I enjoyed it minus the changes to cannon/lore but those "small" changes aside as a movie 10/10
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Why was he forced?
    Because producers/the studio have the final say, not the director. Duncan made a cut of what he thought the film should be. It was 40 min longer. But the bosses decided to turn it into a fast paced action adventure, more fitting for a summer release (in their minds).

Quote Originally Posted by Faier View Post
    Because producers/the studio have the final say, not the director. Duncan made a cut of what he thought the film should be. It was 40 min longer. But the bosses decided to turn it into a fast paced action adventure, more fitting for a summer release (in their minds).
    Hopefully see that put back in into the bluray

I hate how these idiots upstairs think they know what viewers want. They don't
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    I just saw the movie myself.

Okay so I can see the issues people have with it- I just don't agree. It was definitely not perfect, but I was highly entertained and left feeling pleased and satisfied. I did find some of the lore changes to be very off putting, but I also expected that, and I knew going into it that it would be it's own separate story, so my displeasure at the changes is pretty small, all things considered.

I, frankly, thought the CGI was well done. Not the best, but well done nonetheless. I thought the mage magic FX were pretty awesome and my eyes liked it.

I thought both the writing of Khadgar and his acting were great, probably my favorite parts in the film.

I went with my friend who has never played a Blizzard game, and also is not a gamer, and also is not huge on traditionally "nerdy" things, and she said she was surprised. Expected it to be bad, and was impressed with it overall. She had several questions for me after though, which tells me that, for a non-fan, it didn't do that great at explaining itself.

Overall, I'm happy with it, I'd give it somewhere between a 7.5 and an 8. Probably an 8 because all the little easter eggs were fun.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I originally was like "I'm sure it'll be ok" and as I went to see it my hype levels raised thru the roof, I couldn't believe I was about to watch this game I played as a teenager as a movie and then from there, I loved it. I definitely found it better than Lord of the Rings (I hate lord of the rings, I find the entire mythos boring) I felt like the movie did pretty good justice to warcraft, so I'm happy.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Overall, I'm happy with it, I'd give it somewhere between a 7.5 and an 8. Probably an 8 because all the little easter eggs were fun.
    How much would your non-fan friend rate it?

Just curious, I'm going to be seeing it this weekend. But my non-fan friends have zero interest in it and would rather see the Conjuring 2 or something.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    How much would your non-fan friend rate it?

Just curious, I'm going to be seeing it this weekend. But my non-fan friends have zero interest in it and would rather see the Conjuring 2 or something.
    I poked her in text, this is a direct copy/paste:

"Pffft. Heck if I know. I liked it. If there was something else I wanted to see, i might see that first. but I'd go see the sequels. Acting was a little stiff in some places but the effects were awesome. Soooo probably a solid 7/10?"

Edit: "It got me interested in the story, that's for sure."
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I poked her in text, this is a direct copy/paste:

"Pffft. Heck if I know. I liked it. If there was something else I wanted to see, i might see that first. but I'd go see the sequels. Acting was a little stiff in some places but the effects were awesome. Soooo probably a solid 7/10?"

Edit: "It got me interested in the story, that's for sure."
    Thanks. Well at least she is a lot more open-minded than my friends lol. I keep telling them that moviegoer reception is quite positive but it feels like I'm dragging them to the cinema or something.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faier View Post
    This happened to The Hobbit too. Felt like it was condensed into the "best moments for the average movie-goer," according to industry executives.

Then you get the extended edition and think, "Ah, so this is what it was supposed to be all along."

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    This happened to The Hobbit too. Felt like it was condensed into the "best moments for the average movie-goer," according to industry executives.

Then you get the extended edition and think, "Ah, so this is what it was supposed to be all along."

What.

You're accusing The Hobbit, which liberally included bits from the LotR Appendices - and then some - that weren't actually part of The Hobbit story, of being too condensed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimacy View Post
    There's a World of Warcraft movie? When did this happen?
    I've seen this silly mantra mentioned dozen times when discussing this movie.

WoW means World of Warcraft, it is the acronym of the most popular and well known computer game based on this world. The movie happens in the world that represents warcraft. Calling this movie a WoW movie doesn't mean it has a story from one of the expansions, patches, questlines, etc... It is a movie that happens in that world, a movie that happens in the world of warcraft, so anyone can freely call it a WoW movie. If you really wanna be a technical smartass come up with a comment that it's not a movie based on the stories of World of warcraft computer game, but nobody claims that anyway...

Can we talk plastic cup now?

Mods closed the thread because they are lame.