Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Guess I'm the exception .
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost like treating women as fellow human beings is more likely to result in meaningful interactions, funny how that works. Sad that cases need to be made for people to be more empathetic. Can't everyone just be cool?

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    When did machimso and empathy become mutually exclusive?

People creating false dichtomonies, lol.
    Alpha asshole or empathetic nice beta. Only 2 options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    When did machimso and empathy become mutually exclusive?

People creating false dichtomonies, lol.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I know a few empathetic and nice "alphas", and a whole bunch of asshole betas.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Not necessarily.

The key is being indifferent, not an asshole. Though being an asshole is much faster sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.8 more girlfriends?

are you saying that one of those girls is an amputee if she's .8 of a girl.....

"Empathy is the capacity to understand or feel what another being (a human or non-human animal) is experiencing from within the other being's frame of reference, i.e., the capacity to place oneself in another's position".

According to this definition, from the wiki, I'm 100% sure that girls feel no emotional or sexual attachment to people who overflow with empathy.

I was always full of considerations for what other might think, all that nonsense and despite being considerably attractive (I posted a pic once in the thread picture and someone made a separate thread to mention how pretty I was, it was quite awkward), I only started being able to get date, sex and relationships once I started being a complete uncaring, selfish, aloof bastard.

Like, seriously. I was 100% ignored by girls through all my teenage years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syero View Post
    1.8 more girlfriends?

are you saying that one of those girls is an amputee if she's .8 of a girl.....
    I see it as .8 of a girls body. Plenty to work with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Hmm, what if I prefer dominant girls? Where do I go then?
    Why does this not surprise me. You say you have loads of female friends, yet you are not with any of them....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Quiet the opposite, you need to be pretty empathic to be the perfect douche and not some run of the mill one. You got to hurt them where it matters.
    Not hard to do with empathy.

I know it is kind of shitty but I actually know how to royally piss off friends because I know what they care about and what makes them tick.

Always know your friends weaknesses if you need to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Quiet the opposite, you need to be pretty empathic to be the perfect douche and not some run of the mill one. You got to hurt them where it matters.
    /Win

And an aside... I love how people sometimes blame men for being jerks. Like all men would not start rocking pink skirts if that is what turned women on. WOmen hold the power in men's behaviour when it comes to dating. That goes for all species. Those lizards and birds flashing their pretty colors are not doing it cause other dudes think it's sexy.

If assholes get more female attention, don't be shocked when guys who want female attention become assholes.

Thank god I am waaaaay too lazy for that shit. The girl at my local Wingstop started flirting (I think) by asking me how long I have been coming there and if I live in the area. I was like "I know she is trying to flirt but I am far too lazy to even attempt to play this game"

God I am so lazy.

“for there is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one's own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels with someone, for someone, a pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echoes.”
    ― Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being

I haven't read the book but this quote felt just right. Empathy hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    WOmen hold the power in men's behaviour when it comes to dating. That goes for all species. Those lizards and birds flashing their pretty colors are not doing it cause other dudes think it's sexy.
    That's a common line among the self-pity crowd but I haven't felt like the game is particularly tilted one way or the other, probably because I don't see women as walking slabs of meat.

Thank god I am waaaaay too lazy for that shit. The girl at my local Wingstop started flirting (I think) by asking me how long I have been coming there and if I live in the area. I was like "I know she is trying to flirt but I am far too lazy to even attempt to play this game"

God I am so lazy.
    She was probably just trying to say "hello".

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    [I]

That's a common line among the self-pity crowd but I haven't felt like the game is particularly tilted one way or the other, probably because I don't see women as walking slabs of meat.

She was probably just trying to say "hello".
    - Self pity? bitch I'm gorgeous

- Yes. She just wanted to say hi. Which is why she walked up to the register next to me, started fumbling with a blank roll of that receipt spool, opened and closed the register twice without taking or inserting any cash, stood by while I paid for my order, then asked me how often I come to her store...

Cause people who just wanna say hi do that. I mean, That is a normal question right?

"Hey, how often to you shop at XYZ stranger?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I see it as .8 of a girls body. Plenty to work with.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does this not surprise me. You say you have loads of female friends, yet you are not with any of them....

- - - Updated - - -

Not hard to do with empathy.

I know it is kind of shitty but I actually know how to royally piss off friends because I know what they care about and what makes them tick.

Always know your friends weaknesses if you need to use them.
    A picky guy and/or appreciative of his friendships with women, what's wrong with that? I have a brother who has been longtime friends with a few women and he's that more mysterious "alpha" type some women are just into. But he has a spine and his new gf seems to be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    A picky guy and/or appreciative of his friendships with women, what's wrong with that? I have a brother who has been longtime friends with a few women and he's that more mysterious "alpha" type some women are just into. But he has a spine and his new gf seems to be fine with it.
    If I hear alpha or beta one more time in this thread I'm gonna flip. That study didn't even work on the wolves it originally studied.

It's so debunked it literally means nothing.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just lining some things up. Has plenty of female friends...likes dominate women...not with any of them. Seems most women see him as "safe" (friendzone).

10+ Year Old Account
    If I hear alpha or beta one more time in this thread I'm gonna flip..
    Lets just start a new one then.

We are the Telos Males. We are the end, the Zenith. The Alphas are under evolved. They have not been perfected. They are primitive, and haven't fully developed yet. Alphas don't have the mental capacity to understand many of life's intricacies.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Plot twist : Girls also have different character traits and intellectual capacities.

Deleted
    If I hear alpha or beta one more time in this thread I'm gonna flip. That study didn't even work on the wolves it originally studied.

It's so debunked it literally means nothing.
    U mad Eevee?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Just lining some things up. Has plenty of female friends...likes dominate women...not with any of them. Seems most women see him as "safe" (friendzone).
    And if it's mutual that's perfectly fine right?

U mad Eevee?

- - - Updated - - -

And if it's mutual that's perfectly fine right?
    It's not mutual.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    It's not mutual.
    Dont talk for May, Eevee.

On a related note, green grass is often healthier than brown grass.

Seriously, what is with these posts? Is anyone actually surprised by this at all? Yeah, big shocker here, women are human beings and don't want to be around assholes as well. There is a massive difference that some people seemed to have missed, where "empathy" doesn't mean "fedorable beta male nice guy".

Girls don't like "beta" guys because they are the literal opposite of empathic. They've come to see a woman as something they deserve for behaving in a way that they've been told women will like, and women, like many other human beings, are not stupid and are fully aware that we're being treated like an objective. When that doesn't work, that's when we see the hilarious "nice guys finish last" bullshit plastered all over the internet.
    A guy with douchey tendencies that still treats a woman like a human being is still empathic and will still seem attractive to other people. You don't really have to be nice all the time to understand that someone else is a human being with thoughts and feelings.